Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Discussion

Ok so it looks like the twist will work as follows...

Players of the BB PowerPlay game can use their points to Vote in something they are calling The Powershift... Essentially it is a second veto for the week... Either AJ or Suzette will be taken off the block tomorrow... It sounds like this is going to be a weekly thing from hear on out... That is unless the power changes weekly...

Ok so it looks like the twist will work as follows...

Players of the BB PowerPlay game can use their points to Vote in something they are calling The Powershift... Essentially it is a second veto for the week... Either AJ or Suzette will be taken off the block tomorrow... It sounds like this is going to be a weekly thing from hear on out... That is unless the power changes weekly...

I like the idea of this twist however they've gone about it in the wrong way... It essentially means that there could be a possible 4 people on the block in one week... It also essentially renders the position of HoH (which is traditionally considered the ultimate position of power in house) useless...

I'm also struggling to find a reason they are introducing this so late in the game if it is going to stick around for weeks to come... It seems extremely unfair that both Suzette and Jillian's rein as HoH went undisturbed and now suddenly moving forward the public have a chance to mess it all up... They might as well have just made the power a full CDT or given the public the sole vote to evict... I'm not sure what the consensus is on this but it looks to me like they've just shot themselves in the foot... This twist is a complete mess... There is a far better way they could have included a public and if it was the plan all along it needed to be there the first and second week...

Just in case any one has missed the countless times I've mentioned it, the most ideal way this could have gone down would have been; Have the HoH nominate 3 people for eviction... Eliminate the traditional veto and replace it with a vote to save... The vote will allow the public to save one nominee and the the rest of the house vote to evict one of the remaining two... I'd make the jury an even number and allow Canada to act as the final jury member and bring the finally back to the traditional 2 person format... The only week that Canada would not vote to save would be the Final 3 although thinking about it there just wouldn't be time anyways because the Final HoH competition and eviction would have to be almost a Fast-Forward format going in to the final...

Ultimately they can't have their cake and eat it too... They really need to decide if they want the HG's to have the power or an equal balance... Right now it all seems to contradict itself...

Last edited:
Bringing it in midweek is as blatant as a fix can be and I just can't understand why they want to save Suzette or AJ. Suzette is now likely to win it thanks to AJ's lack of airtime and the general feelings towards Tom, but it's just delaying the inevitable and as much as everyone dislikes the guys, completely destroys Tom's week - he may be winning the battle this week but his reign as HoH has set up the next couple of weeks nicely and Tom's downfall would have been a joy to watch. Having Suzette still around won't make that any better for the viewers.

It's also unfair on the new nominee who has no chance to save themselves - although it does make the vote interesting as I really don't know who Tom would target. Aneal would be the easy one I guess, but I've really no idea how he'll play it.

If they want to do something weekly rather than letting Canada veto what should be the final nominations I'd let them choose the replacement nominee in the event the Veto is used - that throws things wide open and ensures it's the original nominations which are important, none of this backdooring nonsense.

Bringing it in midweek is as blatant as a fix can be and I just can't understand why they want to save Suzette or AJ. Suzette is now likely to win it thanks to AJ's lack of airtime and the general feelings towards Tom, but it's just delaying the inevitable and as much as everyone dislikes the guys, completely destroys Tom's week - he may be winning the battle this week but his reign as HoH has set up the next couple of weeks nicely and Tom's downfall would have been a joy to watch. Having Suzette still around won't make that any better for the viewers.

It's also unfair on the new nominee who has no chance to save themselves - although it does make the vote interesting as I really don't know who Tom would target. Aneal would be the easy one I guess, but I've really no idea how he'll play it.

If they want to do something weekly rather than letting Canada veto what should be the final nominations I'd let them choose the replacement nominee in the event the Veto is used - that throws things wide open and ensures it's the original nominations which are important, none of this backdooring nonsense.

Can't say it's a fix really... It's tied to the PowerPlay game and they've said right from day 1 that points earned would be used to influence the game... I can't see the producers having any real reason to favor Suzette other than the fact that her being saved will destroy Tom...

AJ is virtually none existent in the house regardless or whether you watch the live feed or the broadcast show... Suzette on the other hand usually makes an effort to be social...

In general the twist was poorly executed... I don't think I really need to rant anymore about it...

Eviction:

Aneal was evicted...

HoH:

Emmett was crowned HoH although it looks like that might be revoked... He seem to have cheated... The official FB page says they are looking in to it...

Last edited:
Although great not to have another quiz based HoH comp that competition was a bit busy (pun completely intended!) to be done live - didn't really make great TV.

The HoH Comp was redone:
Emmett was disqualified due to cheating, but seems he was the only one even though I'm sure others cheated on the night. The comp was redone and Gary won. Noms will be today - Tom thinks he's putting up Jillian and Emmett as revenge for his nomination a couple of weeks ago, while Emmett is pushing for him to put Liza up.

It'll be interesting to see if the Powershift comes in to play this week and if so if it's in the same format. Chances are much bigger characters than AJ and Suzette will be in danger this week (then again, any HM is a much bigger character than AJ or Suzette).

Hi Guys, I never watched the USA version but ive started watching the Canada version today. Is there a show every day + the after dark every day? I can only find it up to episode 9 yet lots more after darks. Or is the after dark the main show? Sorry im a lil lost

There are three episodes a week on Sun, Wed and Thu (Eviction), and then After Dark is a nightly block of (pre-recorded) live streaming which airs daily.

Great to see they dealt with the HoH situation absolutely fairly - punishing the four people concerned in the same way by banning them from the new HoH comp and making them all a Have-Not for the week. Find it really irritating though on BB Canada and BBUSA when they have obvious edits where the "host" of a competition redoes their lines in the diary room.

A decent week for BB Canada, though you wouldn't know they'd save Suzette with her barely featuring in the show unless circumstances push her to the forefront.

It was a double eviction week and during the week Gary won the task to replace Emmett as HoH and nominated Tom and Liza, pledging as Tom did last week he'd save him if he won the veto. He didn't - Alec did, pledging not to use the Veto mainly as he wanted Tom out (despite being in the Quatro alliance with him), but secondly because he knew either Peter or Emmett would be nominated should he save Tom. Tom didn't take this too kindly and what at first might seem like a harmless prank (but from the footage in the eviction show it was malicious revenge) he opened the door on Alec in the shower after someone pointed out "After Dark" would likely be broadcasting at that time. Alec did not take too kindly to this at all and spent most of the night crying - leaving his showmance Topaz to go apeshit at Tom.

No surprise in the end Tom was voted out by 8-1.

The second live eviction during the night:
Andrew won HoH (after Alec threw the final question, mainly as I suspect as he wants to win the next one to ensure he has food for the week), nominating Suzette and Liza. Emmett won the veto, didn't use it and Liza got voted out 8-0.

Ridiculous blackout on the feeds over the last couple of days - despite Arisa plugging the free 24 hours live feeds at the end of the eviction show they weren't actually available for the next 24 hours with producers claiming they want to keep stuff secret, even though such secrets are always easy to figure out within minutes of the feeds returning - and every week they cut the live feeds when they record the "live" eviction show a few hours early yet put them back on long enough before it's broadcast to leak who has been evicted.

Anyway, from the few minutes the feeds were on air this weeks HoH and nominees are:
HoH - Alec
Nominees - Suzette and AJ

Tom was an ass opening the shower door on Alec with the intention of flashing him on the live feeds. Does anyone know if it was shown on the feeds or not?

Ridiculous blackout on the feeds over the last couple of days - despite Arisa plugging the free 24 hours live feeds at the end of the eviction show they weren't actually available for the next 24 hours with producers claiming they want to keep stuff secret, even though such secrets are always easy to figure out within minutes of the feeds returning - and every week they cut the live feeds when they record the "live" eviction show a few hours early yet put them back on long enough before it's broadcast to leak who has been evicted.

Anyway, from the few minutes the feeds were on air this weeks HoH and nominees are:
HoH - Alec
Nominees - Suzette and AJ

No different than the US show plugging the 24/7 live feeds and then blacking them out for hours at a time... I am a little choked that they blacked out the feeds when the HG's had alcohol...

The US have very occassionally had a 24 hour blackout due to a pre-recorded eviction (only 2 or 3 times though I think) and occassionally have a lengthy blackout during a lengthy competition (usually a couple of times a season though) but generally speaking for the general weekly events the blackouts are no longer than they need to be, while BB Canada just seems to turn off the feeds for most of the day.

The US have very occassionally had a 24 hour blackout due to a pre-recorded eviction (only 2 or 3 times though I think) and occassionally have a lengthy blackout during a lengthy competition (usually a couple of times a season though) but generally speaking for the general weekly events the blackouts are no longer than they need to be, while BB Canada just seems to turn off the feeds for most of the day.

Not so much in recent series but the old double eviction format saw the feeds blacked out for two to three days... I haven't been watching the feeds in the last few weeks so I have no idea how bad it's been... Hmm... the first few weeks weren't bad at all but I just tried to watch them and they were down... Unless it's the Veto Ceremony I can't think of a reason for them to be down...

It does seem odd though that they've started blacking out the feeds as it has been proved time and time again that as long as the season is engaging, and the impression that I'm getting is positive, that spoilers don't harm the Broadcast show... I often know days in advance what is going on in the house and I haven't missed an episode... However I am watching the show via JTV, as I refuse to wait until the next morning for the episode to be officially uploaded...

It looks like they'll be plenty of blackouts over the weekend too as Slice have removed After Dark from their schedules for three nights.

Back