Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Discussion

I'd be amazed if it wasn't Gary who picked up the votes.

Agreed. But I just can't see him getting anywhere with it.
I assume as soon as they can vote him out, they will.

I wonder about the wisdom of this twist.
Seems somewhat pointless, except if you love watching Gary.
Hope I'm wrong and we get some unexpected alliances through this twist.

Agreed. But I just can't see him getting anywhere with it.
I assume as soon as they can vote him out, they will.

I wonder about the wisdom of this twist.
Seems somewhat pointless, except if you love watching Gary.
Hope I'm wrong and we get some unexpected alliances through this twist.

The idea of bringing back evicted HG's is basically the American equivalent of intruders... It really has nothing to do with how well Gary will do and everything to do with the drama that will be caused by him coming back...

Have not read thread because of spoilers but I have decided to start watching this, cos I'm desperate for a BB fix. Even if I can't stop laughing everytime they say 'about' :D

Have not read thread because of spoilers but I have decided to start watching this, cos I'm desperate for a BB fix. Even if I can't stop laughing everytime they say 'about' :D

Jillian is the worst when it comes to OU sounds and it's generally only eastern Canadian's that speak that way... We have a much more Americanized accent in the west...

I was Canadian, I reckon I would punch someone if they asked me to say 'about'... it's gotta stop being funny after the 24972507205th time hahaha

Now on Episode 22 and can't say I've noticed anything odd about "about" at all!

Pay attention when Jillian, Emmett, or Andrew talk... I'm not too sure about the word "about" necessarily, but they have a tenancy to over pronounce "OU" sounds... This becomes less pronounced as you move west... I also find some people from Ontario also have a slightly different accent, I found it's probably most pronounced in Topaz or Gary... Another thing to point out is the fact that Tom is your typical Alberta boy... That's probably the reason I hated him so much, as he reminded me a lot of people I despised growing up and who picked on me... Suzette also had a very pronounced Canadian Aboriginal accent... Peter, Alec, and Suzette are all live in essentially the same city...

And when I refer to Western Canada I'm generally referring to the Provence's West of Manitoba... Although Manitoba is sort of on the fringe and I'd group it more with Ontario and it also has a french speaking population that is not as present in other western provinces... Quebec sort of stands alone and then you have the Maritime provinces that are similar but each have their own quirks and all have slightly different accents...

BTW I live in Alberta in the city of Calgary, but I was raised around the city of Edmonton... Calgary is the 5th largest metropolitan area in Canada...

canada-map-742.jpg

Are you drunk?

*If* I was Canadian. I think it was pretty obvious what I meant.

I should have realised this version was going to be the same format as the US one.... which I really don't like :( I'm up to the 6th episode but I feel like I know nothing about the housemates cos ALL they talk about is strategy. Would love some conversation about something, ANYTHING, except HOH, POV, Evictions and backdooring!

I think it was pretty obvious what I meant.

LOL really? Even the host says "hoose" instead of "house"!

Obviously not... And you've got to be drinking or smoking something if you honestly believe that Arisa pronounces "House" in that manner... Easterner have a tenancy to over pronounce the "OU" sound but I can assure you that the majority of Canadians do not... And Arisa aside from her tenancy to sound a bit street or thugish has a very average Canadian accent... Your recent posts in this thread are nothing but an attempt to troll, even Brekkie has stated he has no clue what you're talking about... In fact when I was in Australia my accent was almost 99% of the time mistaken for an American accent and I know other Canadian's who can attest to similar situations... In fact in many cases when corrected I would get a response along the lines of "who cares" or "what does it matter"... If you're going to come in here and post, I suggest you leave your ignorant bogan attitude at the door...

Now on to your other comments... OF COURSE you should have known the Canadian version would follow the American format... It has aired in Canada from day one, they would have been stupid to attempt to recreate the format you are familiar with as the majority of BB fans in Canada are unaware of how different the show is elsewhere... A few remember the inaugural American series but remember it as bland and unexciting... Now I agree that the pace of the show in the first two weeks prevented most casual viewers from getting to know the HG's, however it's not as if the most recent Australian series wasn't plagued with a similar problem... That being said I can assure you, that the worst is over and the episodes following will include a lot more character development... However you will have to embrace the US format in order to truly enjoy the show and understand how characters are developed within the game... If you can't do that, then you might as well stop watching and save us your complaining...

Last edited:
lol there's only one troll here, and it ain't me. The pronunciation sounds like that to me, but no one has to agree with me. It is kind of a "standard" running joke about Canada though, just so you know, so I'm not the only one who hears it (hence my comment about Canadians getting sick of hearing it).

Thanks for suggesting I stop watching it - I hadn't thought of that! But no, I think I will keep going cos I'm kind of suckered in now. Will just leave this thread well alone and discuss it elsewhere I think.

PS. What's with Peter practically yelling when he does his little pieces to camera in the diary room?

LOL really? Even the host says "hoose" instead of "house"!
"There's a moose, loose, about this hoose!" Well, a couple fixed to the walls actually. I do like they've had Marsha the Moose and the other one, but do hate how they make the HMs reveal they had a secret mission and won a reward after (however obvious the mission). Much better they either get rewarded in secret or the reward is unleashed on the house for no apparent reason.

Talking of which very much a wasted episode sending Dan in the house. Should have been an eviction tonight then another tomorrow - but looks like instead they're just doing the final HoH at the final 4 rather than final 3. I'd imagine another "powershift" will somehow get those remaining down to the final 2.

Last edited:
"There's a moose, loose, about this hoose!" Well, a couple fixed to the walls actually. I do like they've had Marsha the Moose and the other one, but do hate how they make the HMs reveal they had a secret mission and won a reward after (however obvious the mission). Much better they either get rewarded in secret or the reward is unleashed on the house for no apparent reason.

I haven't been watching lately but can you remember what episode the second moose came up in? I wouldn't mind seeing it... I had no idea it was evil...

Talking of which very much a wasted episode sending Dan in the house. Should have been an eviction tonight then another tomorrow - but looks like instead they're just doing the final HoH at the final 4 rather than final 3. I'd imagine another "powershift" will somehow get those remaining down to the final 2.

Dan coming in was nothing but a grab for extra ratings... In fact given some of the blundering mistakes these guys have made over the course of this series, I just want to smack them...

I'd never seen Dan before so was amazed at how similar Peter's voice and mannerisms were to Dan's.
I wonder what Peter is really like, because he's obviously not being himself.

So one week to go - I can't guess who will win. Hopefully Marsha ;)

I'd never seen Dan before so was amazed at how similar Peter's voice and mannerisms were to Dan's.
I wonder what Peter is really like, because he's obviously not being himself.

So one week to go - I can't guess who will win. Hopefully Marsha ;)

10 weeks in the house acting?

Back