Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Discussion

Interesting that the screen in the HoH room shows 3 cameras simultaneously... This is really the fist day that we've seen the room on the live feed...

ETA: the screen has now changed to a single feed and there does not seem to be a remote to change the feed... IMO it pretty much renders it useless... Aside from giving the HoH a view of who is coming upstairs...

Last edited:
I've always felt the spy screen is something they should have just used as a one off twist one year in BBUSA rather than keeping it every year. As everyone knows it's there it doesn't really serve any purpose other than making those talking strategy even more cautious.

The nomination ceremony is over:

Aneal and Gary are up

The Veto competition is over:

Gary won the PoV

The competition sounds like it had to do with a balance beam and snowballs. I'm also under the impression that Peter was one of the players.

The nomination ceremony is over:

Aneal and Gary are up

The Veto competition is over:

Gary won the PoV

The competition sounds like it had to do with a balance beam and snowballs. I'm also under the impression that Peter was one of the players.
I am a big fan of Gary. I hope he stays in for a while. I don't have much of an opinion on Aneal however. Happy to hear that Gary is out of nomination trouble.

I am a big fan of Gary. I hope he stays in for a while. I don't have much of an opinion on Aneal however. Happy to hear that Gary is out of nomination trouble.

FINALLY! He's actually one of the only people I actually like... When I first saw him I really couldn't stand him, I thought he'd just be another weak overly annoying reality gay... The more I see him the more I actually wanna go follow him around for a day... AND he's actually proved himself to be a competitor... From what I've heard on the feeds, he was the second last male to fall off his tree and Peter being the last fell no more than a minute afterwards... I also heard at least 3 other people congratulate him on his PoV win... I think it's honestly Gary's game to lose at this point... He's been making all the right moves so far...

Aneal on the other hand is just a smart ass bitchy queen that would probably just turn his nose up if I even tried to talk to him... It sounds more like he's the target anyways... Girl is playing this game too hard too fast... He spent the majority of yesterday in HoH and prior to that he spent a lot of time with Kat, who most of the house felt was shifty...

I've always felt the spy screen is something they should have just used as a one off twist one year in BBUSA rather than keeping it every year. As everyone knows it's there it doesn't really serve any purpose other than making those talking strategy even more cautious.

It really hasn't been a useful tool for anyone since it was introduced... So I agree with you... The only time it has really ever, to the best of my somewhat limited knowledge come in to the game was season 6... The "Friendship" would sit in HoH and bitch about Janelle for hours on end while following her on the spy screen... I guess it's still there to show the shift towards strategy being the shows soul focus and everything else that comes out of this show coming 4th or 5th...

Rankings:

1: Gary - glitter

2: Topaz - she's very social in the house and hasn't really rubbed anyone the wrong way
2: Danielle - just less annoying than other HG's, in particular other females
2: Peter - he came off very arrogant at first but his arts and crafts have gained my respect
2: Andrew - I found him very blunt and came off like a jackass but is slowly gaining my respect
2: Alec - hasn't done anything that has entertained me, but really hasn't pissed me off

3: Jillian - boring and spends way too much time with Emmett
3: Liza - boring and her relationship with Tom doesn't help

4: Emmett - is just boring
4: Talla - whiny and a shit stirrer
4: Suzette - trying too hard to be liked
4: AJ - trying too hard to be liked
4: Aneal - shady and is playing too hard

5: Tom - whiny, insecure, and homophobic

Last edited:
Another complaint about the show is the pace it seems to be moving at... It's been EXTREMELY rushed... Thank god for the live feeds or I wouldn't have a clue about any of these people... It's caused a tone of things to be pushed under the rug and people being portrayed in a better light... I know that's often the case in the US but with the last 3 episodes being so rushed it's actually worse...

This Big Brother means business:

HG's haven't been responding to BB's requests... BB called all HM's to the living room and brought up a specific incident this morning with Topaz and her microphone... The hot water has been turned off for 48 hours and they were told the games Peter made were not allowed... Topaz was asked to put them in the storage room... BB also warned that further punishments will be more severe...

Topaz flipped out and was warned that she should work quickly getting the games in to the storage room for the sake of the house...

http://youtu.be/LFiKa9fhtzk

Last edited:
FINALLY! He's actually one of the only people I actually like... When I first saw him I really couldn't stand him, I thought he'd just be another weak overly annoying reality gay... The more I see him the more I actually wanna go follow him around for a day... AND he's actually proved himself to be a competitor... From what I've heard on the feeds, he was the second last male to fall off his tree and Peter being the last fell no more than a minute afterwards... I also heard at least 3 other people congratulate him on his PoV win... I think it's honestly Gary's game to lose at this point... He's been making all the right moves so far...

Aneal on the other hand is just a smart ass bitchy queen that would probably just turn his nose up if I even tried to talk to him... It sounds more like he's the target anyways... Girl is playing this game too hard too fast... He spent the majority of yesterday in HoH and prior to that he spent a lot of time with Kat, who most of the house felt was shifty...
Yeah I am a big fan of Gary. My opinion of him before the show has changed dramatically. Very entertaining IMO. I thought I would like Aneal before the show started but no, I definitely have had a change of opinion in a negative way. He just seems to be one of those people who is trying to hard to play the game.

There is this one guy Kingston who won the first power of veto, his name has slipped my mind, I think he is the same guy that was chained up to Gary the other episode. I can not stand him. He comes across as very arrogant and snobby. Like he believes he is to good to talk to most of the other HG's. Do you have a similar opinion to me on this guy?

Considering it only runs for 10 weeks they should have kept it to 12 people really - three episodes in and I could barely name half of them, never mind make a judgement on their strategy or game. I do think though they rushed into this series too soon and really could have done with slowing down the pace for the first week to give viewers the chance to get to know the HGs before the game really got started.

Considering it only runs for 10 weeks they should have kept it to 12 people really - three episodes in and I could barely name half of them, never mind make a judgement on their strategy or game. I do think though they rushed into this series too soon and really could have done with slowing down the pace for the first week to give viewers the chance to get to know the HGs before the game really got started.

I agree... If it were me I would have at least extended the show to 2 hours or 90 minutes for the first two episodes...

Yeah I am a big fan of Gary. My opinion of him before the show has changed dramatically. Very entertaining IMO. I thought I would like Aneal before the show started but no, I definitely have had a change of opinion in a negative way. He just seems to be one of those people who is trying to hard to play the game.

There is this one guy Kingston who won the first power of veto, his name has slipped my mind, I think he is the same guy that was chained up to Gary the other episode. I can not stand him. He comes across as very arrogant and snobby. Like he believes he is to good to talk to most of the other HG's. Do you have a similar opinion to me on this guy?

Tom... If you look at my rankings he's my least favorite... He's actually from the city I live in now, and lives in the city I moved from... I really should do some digging and find out if we know any of the same people...

Tom... If you look at my rankings he's my least favorite... He's actually from the city I live in now, and lives in the city I moved from... I really should do some digging and find out if we know any of the same people...
Yeah I saw your rankings but I thought for some reason Tom was that farmer guy. I can not stand Tom.

Like others here I am feeling this is made all about strategy to the exclusion of the reality element. The omission of the first week in the coverage really didn't help. You need at least 3 programs a week, one to cover a week (the launch show apparently) won't work.

And they copy so much from the American version, with DRs feeling scripted, the ceremonies with the same wording as the US version, even the 'hey come look at my HoH room'. I know they want to like it to the American version as that's what Canadian viewers mainly know, that was the reason for the rather pointless appearance of Dan at the launch. But I think for it to have a real long term future it may need more of an identity of its own. There could be the danger that it ends up looking like a cheaper inferior version of the American one. That may not happen, but I think there's a chance it could if it continues like this.

Like others here I am feeling this is made all about strategy to the exclusion of the reality element. The omission of the first week in the coverage really didn't help. You need at least 3 programs a week, one to cover a week (the launch show apparently) won't work.

And they copy so much from the American version, with DRs feeling scripted, the ceremonies with the same wording as the US version, even the 'hey come look at my HoH room'. I know they want to like it to the American version as that's what Canadian viewers mainly know, that was the reason for the rather pointless appearance of Dan at the launch. But I think for it to have a real long term future it may need more of an identity of its own. There could be the danger that it ends up looking like a cheaper inferior version of the American one. That may not happen, but I think there's a chance it could if it continues like this.

I don't see anything constructive in what you've said... DR sessions are always going to have a "scripted" feel to them, unless BB has a reason to talk... I'm afraid Canadian's would find watching a one on one conversation boring... The scripting for the nomination and veto ceremony really doesn't need to change, I'm actually really not sure how it could change... The only thing I agree with is Dan's appearance during the first eviction... I think so far the Canadian producers have done a great job giving the show it's own identity and it seems to be sitting well with viewers... Now if you'd like to provide some constructive criticism I'd be interested in hearing it but until then it just sounds like whining for the sake of whining...

The cast doesn't look that bad from the little seen so far, and live feed being available and free is good. But I don't see anything that unique about this Canadian BB so far.

Rankings:

1: Gary - glitter

2: Topaz - she's very social in the house and hasn't really rubbed anyone the wrong way
2: Danielle - just less annoying than other HG's, in particular other females
2: Peter - he came off very arrogant at first but his arts and crafts have gained my respect
2: Andrew - I found him very blunt and came off like a jackass but is slowly gaining my respect
2: Alec - hasn't done anything that has entertained me, but really hasn't pissed me off

3: Jillian - boring and spends way too much time with Emmett
3: Liza - boring and her relationship with Tom doesn't help

4: Emmett - is just boring
4: Talla - whiny and a shit stirrer
4: Suzette - trying too hard to be liked
4: AJ - trying too hard to be liked
4: Aneal - shady and is playing too hard

5: Tom - whiny, insecure, and homophobic

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who doesn't completely love Talla. God, what a vapid waste of oxygen. I don't mind Emmett and Suzette too much, but aside from them and Liza (who seriously is the Rachel to Talla's Jordan, neither of them in a good way) I have pretty much the same rankings as you.

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who doesn't completely love Talla. God, what a vapid waste of oxygen. I don't mind Emmett and Suzette too much, but aside from them and Liza (who seriously is the Rachel to Talla's Jordan, neither of them in a good way) I have pretty much the same rankings as you.

Talla is nothing like Jordan... Jordan was cute... Talla is just dumb... I actually think Jillian is more of a Rachel type character than Liza...

But I don't see anything that unique about this Canadian BB so far.

You're blind then... It's been explained several times on these forums why BB Canada is the way it is... You either need to accept it or GTFO...

Back