Skip to main content

Who else was shocked when..

I guess with their little group feeling more vulnerable given the even numbers, the pressure is on and just being outright nasty now. I expect to see more over the next week or two especially with the nomination change-up from BB this week.

She had just been heckling him and stacey as they excercised. There must have been more to it in terms of slagging from her side as Stacey wasn't phased by Michael's sledge.

I didn't think she was heckling them, I thought she was actually trying to encourage/motivate Stacey to push even harder, only Stacey was cranky/exhausted and took it the wrong way.... AHHHHHH I hate that I have to defend Angie, it doesn't feel natural.... but the fact remains it was mean of Michael to make fun of her tummy (Stacey actually never did that as far as I can recall, she just made a snappish comment that she never sees Angie exercising so she isn't one to talk). That wasn't right. Neither was the convo in the bedroom where he and Zoe were going on about how trashy her wardrobe is.

Michael just needs to shut up and stop making me need to defend Angie >:|

I didn't think she was heckling them, I thought she was actually trying to encourage/motivate Stacey to push even harder, only Stacey was cranky/exhausted and took it the wrong way.... AHHHHHH I hate that I have to defend Angie, it doesn't feel natural.... but the fact remains it was mean of Michael to make fun of her tummy (Stacey actually never did that as far as I can recall, she just made a snappish comment that she never sees Angie exercising so she isn't one to talk). That wasn't right. Neither was the convo in the bedroom where he and Zoe were going on about how trashy her wardrobe is.

LOL, same here.

Michael definitely took it way too far. Clearly Angie was hurt, then to see him say that she could be viewed as trashy by his friends later on was again just unnecessarily rude.
Angie has to deal with a lot of shit in that house. I feel sorry for her in advance when she rewatches the episodes and sees all the nasty things they say about her.

I didn't think she was heckling either - it looked like she was just clowning around - and no doubt Michael would say the same about his retaliation - that it was just sledging - and that she was quite capable of handling it. Angie has said before that she has no body image issues and that she's quite happy about her appearance.

It's a bit hard to know how bad it was without context. However, there actually is a bit of context about the "convo in the bedroom about how trashy Angie's wardrobe is" - and that context wasn't in the show.

Angie was the person who used the word trashy first - there was a Live Update (edit: sorry Live Video), of that conversation which showed how it started. Angie said she hated it when "guys get with trashy girls", and Michael said, "Hang on, some people might say you were trashy." It was quite evident that he was suggesting there might be something wrong with the way she was talking, rather than actually calling her trashy.

This conversation sounds completely different when Angie's first comment is removed, the way it was on the show tonight.

Last edited:
Stacey and Michael called out Angie on her weight and pretty much called her fat?

I find it funny that everyone goes on/went on about how much Estelle is "bullied" but Angie seriously cops so much more. I was probably more shocked when they were saying "my friends would call you trashy", because I figured there was more to the fat comment than initially met the eye (because I think she would have been far angrier if she really thought that they believed she was fat).

I find it funny that everyone goes on/went on about how much Estelle is "bullied" but Angie seriously cops so much more. I was probably more shocked when they were saying "my friends would call you trashy", because I figured there was more to the fat comment than initially met the eye (because I think she would have been far angrier if she really thought that they believed she was fat).

If you look at the time in the house from the beginning, it was Estelle who pretty much soley copped it from everyone, including angie, who was one of the main instigators against Estelle, and continued to pick on estelle even when the other housemates had begun to stop. Having said that.. now, lately its obvious Angie is on the outs from the 'popular' group and it does seem that she is copping a lot of nastiness. i actually think shes copping it the most in the house at the moment but dont forget, that, when Angie felt like the others (micheal, stacey, josh etc) were behind her she crapped on Estelle hardcore.

Also, the 'trashy' conversation was micheal using a subversive method of 'saying something' without actually saying it directly

I guess with their little group feeling more vulnerable given the even numbers, the pressure is on and just being outright nasty now. I expect to see more over the next week or two especially with the nomination change-up from BB this week.

yeah they totally seemed to be shifting to, directly in the face nastiness. Instead of behind the back.

If you look at the time in the house from the beginning, it was Estelle who pretty much soley copped it from everyone, including angie, who was one of the main instigators against Estelle, and continued to pick on estelle even when the other housemates had begun to stop. Having said that.. now, lately its obvious Angie is on the outs from the 'popular' group and it does seem that she is copping a lot of nastiness. i actually think shes copping it the most in the house at the moment but dont forget, that, when Angie felt like the others (micheal, stacey, josh etc) were behind her she crapped on Estelle hardcore.

Also, the 'trashy' conversation was micheal using a subversive method of 'saying something' without actually saying it directly

I still think Angie has copped it worse than Estelle ever did and the HMs have even acknowledged that they bitch more about Angie than they ever did with Estelle. The things they say about her also seem to be much nastier - i.e. with Estelle it was more directed at her being weird or her behaviour sometimes being inexplicable or the fact that she isn't all that socially aware, but with Angie it's more "we hate her" or "she's a bad person" (not in those words, but essentially conveying that message).

And, yes, it was pretty obvious Michael was doing that.

I don't really feel like talking about Estelle though haha. I was more just wanting to focus on the fact that Angie is clearly not very loved in the house.

Michael and the rest are exposing themselves as nasty nasty people...REALLY nasty.

I think a big part is their frustrations at thinking they are awesome and in control of the house. Colliding with the fact they aren't in control. So these three they desperately want out, getting an extra chance has pushed them to the edge.

I still think Angie has copped it worse than Estelle ever did and the HMs have even acknowledged that they bitch more about Angie than they ever did with Estelle. The things they say about her also seem to be much nastier - i.e. with Estelle it was more directed at her being weird or her behaviour sometimes being inexplicable or the fact that she isn't all that socially aware, but with Angie it's more "we hate her" or "she's a bad person" (not in those words, but essentially conveying that message).

I think the difference is, Angie dealt with it worse which made he cop it worse as a result.

Estelle has had it a lot longer and a slot more sustained. However she has dealt with it the best she can and didn't compromised herself.

Angie on the other hand reacted really badly and in part that was fueled by her spending many weeks seeing how Estelle was treated. Things shifted away from her, she feared being treated like Estelle, flipped out and in turn made things worse.

Estelle's hatred has increased due to her sticking around. Angie's has grown due to her inability to get past it.

I was thinking that.

That's probably true. I reckon if he'd said it straight out he might have said, "You sound hypocritical calling other girls trashy. I bet it's just because of how they look, and I bet they don't look much different to you." When she said, "Those dresses are expensive." He might have said, "It's not about the cost it's about how tight and revealing they are," and maybe he would have added that when he hears a girl calling other girls trashy, it tends to make him feel a little less respect for the girl using the term. Or maybe he was just calling her trashy. He was definitely criticising her.

yeah they totally seemed to be shifting to, directly in the face nastiness. Instead of behind the back.

Michael and the rest are exposing themselves as nasty nasty people...REALLY nasty.

Says a lot about their insecurities that the constant refrain is how much better they are. Who seriously sits around and says that?? I can understand not liking someone and that being with that person 24/7 for months would drive you nuts, what I don't get is the viciousness being used and the self promotion.

What struck me in the last couple of shows is the way that group support each others denial about their behaviour and projecting their own nastiness onto the other group. They're going to be so proud of themselves when they watch it back.

I wonder if Michael's and Zoe's trashy comments will lose them support among the tween/teens because that's how most of them dress to go out now and they'll take stuff like that personally.

The trashy comment would have been edited to make it much worse than what it was.

And no, I don't particularly like Michael.

Back