Skip to main content

EstAva.......is this weird.....

I'm not sure which thread to put this in, but I guess it works here.....
To expose Ben and Stacey for the nasty bitches they are, how about this for an idea.
Put Ben and Stacey in the Chat Room, then call the rest of the HM's into the living room and let them watch/listen to them bitching on the big screen.
The fall out from that would really rock the house!

Go one further and send in besties together and then play all the couples talking in the chat room.

and didn't she say she has a degree in communications????.....not doing so well in that area...

A comms degree helps you with formal situations such as public speaking, creating advertising campaigns, writing press articles, managing employees within a company, etc. It helps you with your professional career.

It's not a socializing class or a "how to make friends" class. You can have a comms degree and be terrible in casual social situations.

I am pretty sure the 'instant rapport' between Ava and Estelle is a deliberate ploy on Ava's part. All the housemates were hoping that Ava would form an 'instant rapport' with them 'for some reason' (ie. That Ava, before lockdown, would have identified them as the most popular with the public and wanted to form an alliance with them.)

They hate that it is Estelle. Josh met Ava confident of adding another houri to his harem, now he fears the Angie/Estelle/Josh thing might be making him unpopular outside the house. Ben and Layla are put out that she isn't so especially keen to know them (although they were pretty much determined just to use and evict the intruder anyway), because it means they might not be as popular as they thought they were outside the house.

Ray is a big suprise for me - I thought he would have made some attempt to hook up with Ava, but he is cringing in the corner.
This nasty habit of mixing the footage gets to me most when I am watching Ava. A lot of what I am seeing seems to be the day the housemates met Ava and the day after (Monday and Tuesday). There must be people other than Estelle and Josh (eg. Zoe, Ray, Brad, possibly Michael) who have not consciously excluded Ava and yet they have not been screened interacting with Ava. I suspect that Big Brother is showing us the Estelle-Ava BFF storyline and obscuring another storyline to show next week, giving the impression that any non-Josh relationship with a guy took place only after Ava's bestie bit the dust.

I don't think Ava's pairing up with just one housemate (and a nominated one at that) is such a dumb move - it makes her look threatened rather than a threat, it protects her from being used as the most acute angle in a 'love triangle' between George and Layla, or Josh and Angie, or having Ben team her up with Ray, Brad or Michael.
Best of all it sends a clear message to the housemates "From what I saw on TV, the only one of you that won't stab me in the back is Estelle." And they know for a fact that is true.

As for her degree in communications, she could probably construct a mythos, establish a theoretical framework, interpret a Caravaggio, know when to go for 120 pound gloss, mood-light a soup can, identify the structures of production in a cultural economy, utilise appropriate research methods for qualitative data, and participate in the post-production process.
I guess it might help her to bond with Michael - they might be the only two housemates that are likely to know much about the institutional history of film and television. And, if she were told to write an essay in the naughty corner, who knows but Ava's might be more lucid than Micheal's?

Best of all it sends a clear message to the housemates "From what I saw on TV, the only one of you that won't stab me in the back is Estelle." And they know for a fact that is true. QUOTE]

Sorry to shorten your post tarn, I really hadn't given much thought to what the hms think Ava was exposed to before entering the house.
It will certainly give the hms alot more to think about if Estelle is not evicted.

BB isn't about the HM's, it's about how much revenue they get from voting.

There could be more behind the Ava story than we know and it might be revealed next week, we don't know what instructions BB gave her before entering the house, maybe none, but lets wait and see I guess.

To expose Ben and Stacey for the nasty bitches they are, how about this for an idea.
Put Ben and Stacey in the Chat Room, then call the rest of the HM's into the living room and let them watch/listen to them bitching on the big screen.

Bunch of bitches Ben and Stacy. Poison to my ears.

I am pretty sure the 'instant rapport' between Ava and Estelle is a deliberate ploy on Ava's part. All the housemates were hoping that Ava would form an 'instant rapport' with them 'for some reason' (ie. That Ava, before lockdown, would have identified them as the most popular with the public and wanted to form an alliance with them.)

I'm dubious that Ava has latched onto Estelle the way she has is intentional. Whatever the case, it sure is about the best thing she could've done for dramatic purposes and that's for the reasons you identify. It must be a constant speculation for many if not all HMs as to how they look to the audience.

Ava, by gluing herself to Estelle, has demonstrated a lack of interest in other HMs that has proved disquieting for them. It's possibly made her seem a bit stuck up even, but I'm guessing she's generating, unwittingly or otherwise, a fair amount of paranoia.

The gay thing on BB is one of my love hate things. Some past gays have injected a lot of interest but having one every fucking season is a bit much imo.

They're in society yes. But not EVERY group of 14 people I meet has a gay person. So I think they overdo it on BB.

At the start I liked Ben's presence for his cool first impression. Was a real fan and thought when Ray was shown that, ok we have two gays.

At one point in the first week I even thought this is a big BB stitch up and that ALL the male housemates were gay but that would be a very quick punchlne with no real ongoing tv value I guess for the interested demographic.

Anyhow, I just think there's too much gay on BB overall. It just smacks of that "token gay" stereotype for example. just my 2c

I thought this year's HMs were very "white"... not a particularly representative group of the Australian population.

I too find their relationship a bit cringeworthy - the stuff they do is what a pair of primary school girls would do. Definitely odd. They seem to love each other a bit too much, eventhough they've only known each other for a few days.

makes me wanna puke they're sickening :mad:

Lovin' the EstAva show. Sure beats watching Ben, Stacy, and the whole bitch crew act like pompous idiots.

Lovin' the EstAva show. Sure beats watching Ben, Stacy, and the whole bitch crew act like pompous idiots.

Me too. I think Ava has seen before she went into the house the way the HMs treated Estelle, and decided to be a support for Estelle. It is obvious that she likes her.

If I had been Ava I would have done the same thing. I am always on the side of the mistreated one.

Maybe a task to befriend Estelle

I hope that isnt the case, imagine your only friend in the house is because it was a personal task set for them, be worse than having noone at all

Me too. I think Ava has seen before she went into the house the way the HMs treated Estelle, and decided to be a support for Estelle. It is obvious that she likes her.

If I had been Ava I would have done the same thing. I am always on the side of the mistreated one.

Yeah. The only reason Ben is angry is because Ava didnt become a part of his bitch crew. Ben wants everyone to ignore Estelle and treat her like a pest.

If Estelle stays, and we get another week of this, it's going to become almost surreal. How many noms will Ava get on Monday.

I don't get the constant talk of HM's doing the wrong thing with who they get along with or not. How is it dumb to make friends with certain people instead of others?? If people were being less genuine and strategic and sucking up to people they didn't like. Everyone would be bitching they're playing the game and not genuine.

Back