Skip to main content

Masterchef 2012

Yeah I can't handle masterclass. Listening them talk about the "layered complexity", "textural wonderland" and whenever anything "explodes in their mouths" just bores the crap outta me.

That whole at one with the pig thing was disturbing.

Just watching Masterclass which I don't normally bother with, ugh I can't believe I used to think Audra was ok, sick of hearing her voice, all the background comments in relation to whatever is being cooked comes across as over familiar "yeah George you love sugar, yeah" etc etc.

I haven't watched it yet, it's been taped, I'll watch later. I mentioned Audra's voice a few pages back, it seems like it's everywhere all the time and is more that a but condescending usually. I've gone off her since I found out she is already a professional foodie with a 2 year old business. IMO she shouldn't be there.

What I did wonder was what the hell Neil Perry is doing in Italy. Surely there are enough chefs in Italy and in Australia for that matter, that we don't have to see that tool on our screens. He's such a tosser, that bloke!

ha ha wynter.. he is a tosser!

This series feels like its been on tv for MONTHS! I don't think i've picked one single tip up this year. I think i'm skim watching except for when something interesting happens.. ie not very often.

Woohoo - 1st old grouchy is out;
then finally my 2 favourites got a reward for being sweetiepie nice people and they are cute -
was lucky to catch that bit for I don't watch fridays bore fest of useless food, even the one I watched for ribs was useless (don't want Greek or Asian, want barbie kind - & then they just shoved them in the oven, what....???).

Anyway, as you guys have commented, I too only watch bits.
Sunday sucks- never watch, end clashes with Downton, Sundays suck
Tuesdays horrid - now stopped, it's painful and never did see the end as I switch to 7 @ 7.30

So I watch in bits other nights if it interests and Doc Who is boring & there isn't something else.
It's a real add flick watch show because there is so much you don't need to see - and if it's all about Audra or Mindy, or Ben's droning on again in his Bob Browne drone

I guess Deb has gone back to her day job of fighting zombies?
ZBMyb.jpg

I think it was an example of her just simply drawing the short straw. Although it didn't help her that when they tell her she's doing something wrong. She continues to do it.

Last edited:
ha ha wynter.. he is a tosser!

This series feels like its been on tv for MONTHS! I don't think i've picked one single tip up this year. I think i'm skim watching except for when something interesting happens.. ie not very often.

It *has* been on for months...

soon to be followed up by "Total"... errr... Born... errr... Biggest Loser" so we can watch fat people that ate all the food during MC sweat, wobble and throw up..

thankyou.. no..

and its no wonder that I'm buying more and more HBO box sets on DVD... Have just finished "From the Earth to the Moon" and am now commencing season 2 of Deadwood. Seen both before of course but they're better than the crap on FTA TV (I've also watched the entire 7 seasons on West Wing for the 3rd time in the past couple of months)...and then there's my 5 seasons of Bablyon 5, 4 seasons of BSG, 2 seasons of Rome and 4 seasons of Mad Men to plough through...

anything else worth watching on DVD that I've missed..?

No but I will spoiler my comment in case you do watch.

Boss lady of the Masterchef magazine specifically says no bones on the cover, Wade cooks a rack of lamb and says that he thinks his bones are different and are cover material. He has to go.

I am also skim watching, way too much talking from the stalls. Tonight when the top three were having their meals tasted, as the judges were addressing one contestant and commenting on her food, the other two were chinwagging in the background.

Julia shenanigans, no way was that worthy of a cover - as evidenced by Sally's face when the boys were saying 'we could produce a cover from that' no you could not, not without recooking the whole flipping thing and it was all brown just like Ben / Wade, the point was to produce a cover worthy dish right there and then not do an outline and make it better at a later date.

Wonder what Alice will do? I reckon she won't use it and will spin her same peace and love bulldust. I hope she doesn't teach her students that everything in life is all fair and kind and sunflowers.

Good result, would have been happy if either of the bottom 2 went.

However food wise that has to be one of the most hideous offerings I have ever seen; seriously crispy bugs on the side of the road in China look tastier than that black tar squid crud. Crunchy fish scales!? No thanks they are scales for crying out loud!

I was glad that Wade went home last night. I didn;t like his little tantrum at the end of the challenge, it was akin to not shaking hands with the opposition after a sports game.

Would have been glad for Alice to go home as well, and think that is was a pretty close call out of her and Wade who went.

When the showed the shots of Wade going home, a girl with really long hair opens the dorr, and I said, :Well we know who wears the hair in this relationship" ha ha ha, i crack my self up !!

I agree re Mindy's front cover cake, it was brown and ugly with a bit of orange thrown on for good measure. I thought Julia's pastry things looked way more appetizing. Pity they didn't warn them what foods had been on the cover recently, as soon as they told Julia that apple tartans (or whatever they are called) had been on the cover recently I knew she was not going to win, even with the switch to pear.

Last edited:
Did anyone make it all the way through Masterclass? Did it show the Deb catch up at the end of it per chance?

I don't remember seeing the Deb catchup part, but I may have missed the last 5-10 minutes.

ETA - But they did have her on the Living Room. She mentioned her finger which was crushed in the door - she had to have surgery on it apparently so she was out for a week or something? They never mentioned it again after showing her bleeding finger on the show though did they?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, well, well ol grumpy bum got a week's free pass did she? On MC they implied she was out for a few days but no mention of surgery or recovery at all.

Did anyone notice how jittery Ben was? His legs just wouldn't keep still. I mean I do that too, but I would try not to if I knew it was going to be on television.

So who are the final 5? Womans Day spoiled it. you can put it in Spoiler tags.

The judges obviously love Ben, Mindy & Kylie so think they will be final 3. Although they keep putting the idiot Alice through.

Back