Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Well I found my DVD's but brand new at Amazon.

Brand new box set of Stargate Atlantis, the full series.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atlantis-Collection-David-Hewlett/dp/B002EL4RLQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1IFSZHZU5FMTI&colid=9QKV3O5103I7[/ame]

For $90.99 which is just under $98 australian.......... Beats the shit out of paying what places like JB Hifi want.

We watched the channel 9 News (Sydney) tonight and it was weird, nothing like watching the Adelaide news. The first story was something to do with the highway that had the problem yesterday (F3/M3 whatever) they talked about sacking ministers ministers and making people accountable for the traffic jam that occurred. Honest to god, we had no fcken idea what they were on about, why does someone need sacking? is there some on-going drama to do with this road?

Then immediatly after the story the news reader walks over to the giant tv and reports the results of a poll to do with the governments response to whatever the drama was over the road the night before. We were gobsmacked, never before have I ever seen a newsreader move from his desk and spend time giving results from a poll, it was bizarre.

Then they had a story about which involved the NSW premier, I forget what the story was about but it was intercepted with loads of slides giving the info in visual text..ie: say they were talking about banks the visuals would say "BANK FEES INCREASE".

In SA the news is pretty straighforward....the Newsreader reads the news, then we see a bit of video..then back to the Newsreader...no flashy graphics and no detailed polls.

Watching the NSW news tonight was like watching Today Tonight.

Do you have George Donikian (sp) still do your news over there Eliza? I think he used to do it out of a studio in Sydney or somewhere. Nine news over in Vic still has the lovely Peter sitting at his desk thankfullyl, I don't want no side show going on with the news readers, they should sit still and present the news, not shuffle around making a spectacle of themselves.

I hate not having my Herald Sun to read when I go interstate, it's ok if you go to the Gold Cost or sydney, it's easy to find, but in Cairns, it's a lot harder, I hate reading The Australian.

Do you have George Donikian (sp) still do your news over there Eliza? I think he used to do it out of a studio in Sydney or somewhere. Nine news over in Vic still has the lovely Peter sitting at his desk thankfullyl, I don't want no side show going on with the news readers, they should sit still and present the news, not shuffle around making a spectacle of themselves.

I hate not having my Herald Sun to read when I go interstate, it's ok if you go to the Gold Cost or sydney, it's easy to find, but in Cairns, it's a lot harder, I hate reading The Australian.

Not Eliza but yeah Josephine we have George doing the channel 10 news here in SA and pretending it's all local..... What a con and they still think people fall for that. I would love to know how they do the "live" cross overs with Jane Reilly to do the weather.... I sometimes wonder about them.

Not Eliza but yeah Josephine we have George doing the channel 10 news here in SA and pretending it's all local..... What a con and they still think people fall for that. I would love to know how they do the "live" cross overs with Jane Reilly to do the weather.... I sometimes wonder about them.

I only knew about George because over here there was a write up in the paper last year or something. On public holidays channel 10 in Melbourne take Sydney's news at 5pm and it pisses me off no end.

At one stage we used to take George's bulletins instead of Sydney. I remember people saying then that George sits in a studio and does Adelaide's news as well as lots of bulletins for all different areas of Australia. He gets given the scripts and they edit in the footage that goes with it. It's lame isn;t it *nods*

Our local news here (WIN tv) used to have Dennis Walter read the news. He would drive to the Ballarat studios and record all the country victorian local news during the day and Ballarat's was live apparently. They still do it that way, Dennis left and we've got some twit who used to be in Neighbours apparently and lived in Britain for a while. someone "Roberts".

eliza, re the F3, it is total bullshit. basically there is one way to newcastle/central coast from sydney, and thats the F3. With the accident the other day, they failed to prevent the traffic jam (12 hours) by not instigating the contraflow, a device which should prevent major traffic jams, by opening up one lane of traffic from the opposite direction, and moving all cars onto that.

Heaps of people use the F3, heaps of people commute from the Central Coast to Sydney (due to housing prices etc). The fact that truckies were fined for not taking their mandatory breaks is absolute crap and the straw that broke the camel's back.

Being an election year, the government needs to ensure that many people are held accountable. So thats why there is a big uproar about it.

The fact that there is only road north is really shit too. Well, unless you go via Dubbo. Which Im not going to.

eliza, re the F3, it is total bullshit. basically there is one way to newcastle/central coast from sydney, and thats the F3. With the accident the other day, they failed to prevent the traffic jam (12 hours) by not instigating the contraflow, a device which should prevent major traffic jams, by opening up one lane of traffic from the opposite direction, and moving all cars onto that.

Heaps of people use the F3, heaps of people commute from the Central Coast to Sydney (due to housing prices etc). The fact that truckies were fined for not taking their mandatory breaks is absolute crap and the straw that broke the camel's back.

Being an election year, the government needs to ensure that many people are held accountable. So thats why there is a big uproar about it.

The fact that there is only road north is really shit too. Well, unless you go via Dubbo. Which Im not going to.

Ah, thanks for explaining Cosmo.

I had heard a heap of people commute, from the Central Coast to Sydney...yeah we saw on the news about the truckies getting fined THAT is total Bullcrap.

Like you say with the massive population of people on the Central Coast it is ridiculous that there is only one main road...so why didn't someone instirgate the Contraflow?

I gotta say, I had forgotten how busy Sydney is, in the past we came her for skating so most of our time was spent in Penrith, I feel like a total hick here no wonder interstate people refer to Adelaide as a big country town.

TT total bullshit story

And what a crock of shit tonight's beatup story is..

High school kid has dreadlocks and wants to finish his studies, but the school won't let him back until he cuts his hair..... OF courst TT spin the story to make the kid the victim and that he is a little angel, then his mother comes on camera with nosering...

That about sums up the story .....

They have done tons of stories just like this but if you scratch deeper there's more to it then just a kid not being allowed to attend school... My money's he's a problem kid too.

Did anyone watch the Carl Wlliams thing on channel 9?

Last night they bumped The Mentalist to do a one off one hour special on Carl Williams on channel 9..

Did anyone even bother to watch this?

Channel 9 you suck ........ You could have put my favourite show on at 930 instead of bumping it.....

And next sunday V is getting bumped for a repeat of "australian crime families: Ivan Milat" WTF?????

a good week to be getting out those DH (Desperate Housewives) and V episodes that are backlogged up on tape.

Watching "Top Gear" tonight because it's in Vietnam, and to avoid that Carl Williams type personnage, known as Kyle Sandilands.

Channel 9 really seem desperate for ratings and to promote their new "underbelly" TV series

I wonder what their ratings were for last night.

Doctor Who "The Eleventh Hour" did anyone notice

I didn't put this in the existing thread because it's not a spoiler and is a totally seperate topic to tht thread.......

But.......

Did anyone notice?

In The 11th hour when the Doctor first crashes into younger Amy's yard and the TARDIS is on its side the doors open outwards,,,,,,, but the whole of any other time the doors open inwards like they always do.........

Thats exactly what my partner said the second he saw it and wasn't impressed lol

You allow for the complete interior to change between episodes, but the doors aren't allowed to swing both ways? Who is to say it isn't part of the new architectural configuration?

Btw I object to this being a new thread when it is perfectly acceptable to discuss ANYTHING about Doctor Who in the existing thread. What next, a new thread "Why does the Doctor like redheads?"

Maybe he was using the back door

I didn't put this in the existing thread because it's not a spoiler and is a totally seperate topic to tht thread.......

But.......

Did anyone notice?

In The 11th hour when the Doctor first crashes into younger Amy's yard and the TARDIS is on its side the doors open outwards,,,,,,, but the whole of any other time the doors open inwards like they always do.........

I guess the storyline excuse could be that both the Doctor and the Tardis where still "cooking". You will notice that the St John's Ambulance sign is back on the right hand door, it disappeared after the first or second doctor regenerated.

According to Riversong the doctor could snap his fingers to open the doors. Time will tell. :rolleyes:

Back