Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

Hey Blue Rose, in your signature, is that a quote from Lord of the Rings? If I recall rightly, the riddle is referring to the one ring.

Of course...I would be interested to hear your thoughts...

btw I liked The Golden Compass...

Ooh well when I get my hands on "city of ember" I'll post thoughts.

As for the Golden Compass it totally pwns the boring thing that is Narnia.... I am so surprised that the promised trilogy of movies never happened because it would have been bloody awesome if it had.

As for the controversy it generated I felt that in general people are assholes and will blindly follow what their so called leaders tell them to do and could never understand the protests about the movie when it first came out. Just a bunch of loud mouthed assholes.

Hey Blue Rose, in your signature, is that a quote from Lord of the Rings? If I recall rightly, the riddle is referring to the one ring.

Yes, it is GB (river-daughter). ;)

It is the poem Gandalf left for the Hobbits at the Prancing Pony in Bree...it refers to Aragorn.

I think the problem with the golden compass is that it was very expensive and only a moderate success. I do believe those that made the movie still want to make another one, but yeah probably unlikely. I did quite like it as well. I believe they actually shot more of the film but didn't finish it due to budget, and were going to start a second film with it. It'll be a shame if it didn't happen as it ended so abruptly.

City of Ember, i think i posted by thoughts a while back on here. It's a decent enough film, I think it just lacked something. Like the concept is way more interesting than the execution. It was enjoyable enough, now i've seen it not a film i'd watch again.

I think the problem with the golden compass is that it was very expensive and only a moderate success. I do believe those that made the movie still want to make another one, but yeah probably unlikely. I did quite like it as well. I believe they actually shot more of the film but didn't finish it due to budget, and were going to start a second film with it. It'll be a shame if it didn't happen as it ended so abruptly.

City of Ember, i think i posted by thoughts a while back on here. It's a decent enough film, I think it just lacked something. Like the concept is way more interesting than the execution. It was enjoyable enough, now i've seen it not a film i'd watch again.

Well I have watched Golden Compass twice now....

And Final Fantasy The Spirits Within 3 times counting last night. The latter made me think about the whole idea of spirits and stuff. In that movie their technology is powered by living spirit energy. I wonder though in their world if they ever tackled the "god" question?

Lawsuits for what?

I'm trying to find City Of Embers

Clive Cussler who wrote the book Sahara is basically a dickhead. There was something where he sold the rights to the book for 10million and there was some sort of contract of he has to sign of on the script. Of course he never would, and was just a pain in the arse to those wanting to make the film. I think he turned in jumbled unfilmable scripts, hated everything done by anyone else, was uncopoerative at every step of the way and the film makers got sick of it and went, **** you and just made the film as they saw his actions as breach of contract and him actively trying to make sure the film was never to be made. He just wanted his 10 million and no film.
Then when the film wasn't a huge hit, because it was really expensive, He then sued them saying the failure was because they wouldn't listen to him. They in return sued him for his childish antics, trying to sabotage the film at all stages of development and because he lied about how many books he had sold. This lead to them spending more money than they needed to on the rights and the films budget as the believed there was a much bigger fan base for his novels.
It's confusing I know, but in the end the production company won the case and cussler had to pay them some money and then the legal fees.

Clive Cussler who wrote the book Sahara is basically a dickhead. There was something where he sold the rights to the book for 10million and there was some sort of contract of he has to sign of on the script. Of course he never would, and was just a pain in the arse to those wanting to make the film. I think he turned in jumbled unfilmable scripts, hated everything done by anyone else, was uncopoerative at every step of the way and the film makers got sick of it and went, **** you and just made the film as they saw his actions as breach of contract and him actively trying to make sure the film was never to be made. He just wanted his 10 million and no film.
Then when the film wasn't a huge hit, because it was really expensive, He then sued them saying the failure was because they wouldn't listen to him. They in return sued him for his childish antics, trying to sabotage the film at all stages of development and because he lied about how many books he had sold. This lead to them spending more money than they needed to on the rights and the films budget as the believed there was a much bigger fan base for his novels.
It's confusing I know, but in the end the production company won the case and cussler had to pay them some money and then the legal fees.

Wow that guy sounds like a real winner Not.

The Fountain. Definitely one of my favorite films of all time.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDp-F3Y97ZQ[/ame]

I saw The Taking of Pelham 123 yesterday with John Travolta and Denziel Washington, two of my favorite actors. It was good, not great and the ending sucked a little. John Travolta is brilliant at being a bad guy.

:confused:

I think it is unanimous that Terminator Salvation sucked.

Nopes, the ending sucked, but I saw the film twice and really enjoyed it both times. More the second time actually. Sure it's not the greatest film, but it was a solid movie in content, unlike t3 which felt like two thirds of a movie, and it was interesting and entertaining, and well made. There were flaws, but every film has flaws, and I think people are being overly harsh towards the film.

I think personally a lot of the dislike comes from people who were never going to like it, from what ever visions in their head of a future terminator film would be. It not being like the future shown in the other films which was 10+ years ahead of when this film was set. Lets not forget the McG haters, so it just created the sense the film was bad. The word was definitely out there and around the film would such, from the second McG was announced. Then the trailers that went away, then leading up to the release once again the, "it sucks" was everywhere.

People can have their opinion, that's completely fine, but I honestly don't get how people are so negative on the film. Makes me wonder if they just found it mediocre and then the bad sense people had on the film tipped it to, "it sucks" where is if the vibe was good, it'd be "pretty good". That slight variation around a mediocre film.

I am a big believer from what I observe of peoples sense of a film changing by their expectations. It's why shit films by praised directors will have people raving, but a film no matter how good it is, unless it's brilliant, if people have the sense it's bad, they won't be able to sit back and judge it on it's own merits.

With TS, i can get people might think it was mediocre, or not their kind of movie, but I just don't accept all the claims it's rubbish. I will be right there to see the next film in a couple years when it comes out, eagerly anticipating it.

Nopes, the ending sucked, but I saw the film twice and really enjoyed it both times. More the second time actually. Sure it's not the greatest film, but it was a solid movie in content, unlike t3 which felt like two thirds of a movie, and it was interesting and entertaining, and well made. There were flaws, but every film has flaws, and I think people are being overly harsh towards the film.

I think personally a lot of the dislike comes from people who were never going to like it, from what ever visions in their head of a future terminator film would be. It not being like the future shown in the other films which was 10+ years ahead of when this film was set. Lets not forget the McG haters, so it just created the sense the film was bad. The word was definitely out there and around the film would such, from the second McG was announced. Then the trailers that went away, then leading up to the release once again the, "it sucks" was everywhere.

People can have their opinion, that's completely fine, but I honestly don't get how people are so negative on the film. Makes me wonder if they just found it mediocre and then the bad sense people had on the film tipped it to, "it sucks" where is if the vibe was good, it'd be "pretty good". That slight variation around a mediocre film.

I am a big believer from what I observe of peoples sense of a film changing by their expectations. It's why shit films by praised directors will have people raving, but a film no matter how good it is, unless it's brilliant, if people have the sense it's bad, they won't be able to sit back and judge it on it's own merits.

With TS, i can get people might think it was mediocre, or not their kind of movie, but I just don't accept all the claims it's rubbish. I will be right there to see the next film in a couple years when it comes out, eagerly anticipating it.

IMHO because the films should have ended at T2

IMHO because the films should have ended at T2

see that's the sort of idea's i was talking about that influence peoples opinions on films.

I am always for, I rather they try a sequel and fail, than to not try. It annoys me when they **** up, like with the last indy or spiderman 3, but heys, they aren't terrible, and doesn't mean the ones before them aren't great.

see that's the sort of idea's i was talking about that influence peoples opinions on films.

I am always for, I rather they try a sequel and fail, than to not try. It annoys me when they **** up, like with the last indy or spiderman 3, but heys, they aren't terrible, and doesn't mean the ones before them aren't great.

But there was no need for T3.......that was just blatant money grabbing.

I liked Termie 3 on the whole. I don't get the hate for it.
Some good action scenes, and I liked the slick mean female Terminator.

But Salvation just provided too many Dumb Moments for my liking. And I found Christian Bale thoroughly unlikeable. The movie just didn't work well for me.

As for "They Should have Ended at T2".... as I've always said about Terminator, they're movies about Killer Robots from the Future. They aren't high art. They aren't even particularly intelligent Sci Fi. Just excuses to blow shit up. Nothing precious about them.

Last edited:

But Salvation just provided too many Dumb Moments for my liking. And I found Christian Bale thoroughly unlikeable. The movie just didn't work well for me.

As for "They Should have Ended at T2".... as I've always said about Terminator, they're movies about Killer Robots from the Future. They aren't high art. They aren't even particularly intelligent Sci Fi. Just excuses to blow shit up. Nothing precious about them.

Well the good thing is merchandising..... I found two versions of the TX... The one in her red leather outfit and as her robot self. Very cool and I'm scared to open the packages and put them on display..

The one I wanted was Arnie holding the coffin because that opens and you have a perfect replica of all the weapons and stuff inside the coffin. But no one seems to have those in stock.

I haven't seen T4, but my dad got us a copy of it. I hate T3, ruined it for me. As a standalone action film it's good, but as part of the series it comes nowhere close to the first two.

I watched errr, Ghost Dad on tv yesterday. Worst movie I've ever seen.

I don't get the hate either. An extremely hot, female terminator makes up for any flaws the film may have.

Nopes - the entire movie sucked. T3 was mediocre, but it at least had the hot female terminator thing going for it. It will take a reboot before I'm interested in this series again.

Back