Skip to main content

What music or songs are you listening to?

I'm listening to my early Christmas present, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss' new CD Raising Sand. It's really good. Their voices meld so well together, and I have to say Robert is in fine voice. :) My favourite track is an old Gene Clark song called Polly Come Home. Very rootsy, and with the most gorgeous lyrics.

... Hmmm, should I post a picture of Robert now? ;)

Living the Life - Notorious B.I.G. ft. Bobby Valentino, Cheri Dennis, Faith Evans, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg

Big cities and bright lights
Short days and long nights
No stress and no strife
I'm high off living the life

Martha Wainwright "Dont Forget"

for those of you who are snow patrol fans you would have heard her do a duet with their lead singer on one of the tracks of the eyes open album.

^ I remember that AND the video for it. Wasn't she wearing fluoro bike pants or something? :p I wonder whatever happened to her?

I'm listening to Walk On the Wild Side - Lou Reed

My last ten tracks on LastFM :

The Cure – Why Can't I Be You
Sheena Easton – 9 To 5 (Morning Train)
Jill Scott – Hate On Me
ABBA – SOS
Maroon 5 – Harder to Breathe
Belinda Carlisle – Runaway Horses
Bee Gees – How Deep Is Your Love
Cyndi Lauper – I Drove All Night
Total – Kissin' You
Slade – My Oh My

Belinda Carlisle – Live Your Life Be Free
Rick Astley – Cry for Help
Scooch – Flying The Flag (For You)
Narcotic Thrust – When the Dawn Breaks
Spice Girls – Mama
Martina McBride – How Far
Cathy Dennis – Falling
Tori Amos – Spark
Sade – King of Sorrow
The Stranglers – Skin Deep

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Dredg, as well as a lot of old prog rock ... Yes, Pink Floyd, King Crimson etc. Right now I'm listening to Tool, as usual. :)

Well, we have something in common after all Someone. ;) I love Tool. Saw them in 1993 or '94. Excellent band. Do you like Fugazi? They have a similar, sparse kind of sound to Tool. I might put them on now actually.

I'm listening to Fugazi. :)

Back