Skip to main content

What music or songs are you listening to?

Its odd...I have lost so many friends in music over the last few years and everyone is lookin older incl me. However, If ya still got it, and steve miller certainly still has it. Some genyers or whatever snigger at us but hey... "everything's better when wet""

This "Video clip" as they were known then cost 1900 all up.

try tellin that to the young people of today and........

they wont beleeeeeeeeeeve ya>

Veruca Salt, I forgot about them, I used to love Shutterbug! I just went and watched the clip on YouTube. Wow what a great memory!

My youngest daughter is currently in practice mode for her audition for xfactor 2015, so the music I have been listening to is anything she feels she wants to sing for that. The audition though has to be a Capella so I am hearing everything from Cee-lo through to the Beatles on a daily basis. *sigh*

My youngest daughter is currently in practice mode for her audition for xfactor 2015, so the music I have been listening to is anything she feels she wants to sing for that. The audition though has to be a Capella so I am hearing everything from Cee-lo through to the Beatles on a daily basis. *sigh*
@Kismet If your Daughter has a good enough vocal range, and she could nail this....she will be a walk up start for xfactor :)

Some of this is practically Falsetto Talented boys

@penelopepitstop ..awesome song and one of my personal favs of the Beach Boys.:)

She has been singing "Because"by the Beatles a lot,
so even without knowing her you have pegged her very well as to the type of song she likes doing. lol

As it stands at the moment though, she's tossing up between Zombie by the Cranberries or Grenade by Bruno Mars as her audition vocal.

I will suggest the Beach Boys to her though tomorrow. Tonight she's at a sleepover as she and a friend are going to "Fright Night" at Movieworld. (yes, we live on the Gold Coast).:wink:

@penelopepitstop ..awesome song and one of my personal favs of the Beach Boys.:)

She has been singing "Because"by the Beatles a lot,
so even without knowing her you have pegged her very well as to the type of song she likes doing. lol

As it stands at the moment though, she's tossing up between Zombie by the Cranberries or Grenade by Bruno Mars as her audition vocal.

I will suggest the Beach Boys to her though tomorrow. Tonight she's at a sleepover as she and a friend are going to "Fright Night" at Movieworld. (yes, we live on the Gold Coast).:wink:
Yes, that is a good one too! I think zombie may be a bit obvious to any selection panel, plus its a bit gimmicky on rhiordian's part.

There is a lot of very very subtle modulation changes in god only knows which is the very hard part of nailing it. Ill find you a few more later when I have more time . And, I am just off shore from you on the goldie and was actually there yesterday fuelling up the boat at sanctuary cove *waves* :)

@penelopepitstop ..re god only knows..I get what you are saying. Another she has been attempting is They won't go when I go" - the George Michael version
but it's difficult to know which bit to use in the only 2 minute audition and the same applies to all songs actually. Her range covers even the lower notes in that song, which is huge for a 14yr old and the higher notes are easy for her.

As to you.. you live on a houseboat or over on Straddy?

@penelopepitstop ..re god only knows..I get what you are saying. Another she has been attempting is They won't go when I go" - the George Michael version
but it's difficult to know which bit to use in the only 2 minute audition and the same applies to all songs actually. Her range covers even the lower notes in that song, which is huge for a 14yr old and the higher notes are easy for her.

As to you.. you live on a houseboat or over on Straddy?
Straddie.....Yeah I know what you are saying. To have the lower range @ 14 is special!!! Sloop John B is another. Does it have to be a "modern" song because if she can sing lower ranges to high falsetto I have some awesome jazz standards the likes of sarah Vaughan and ella?

Back