Skip to main content

Twist: Ben, an actor?

"emotionally absent mother"? that makes me more suspicious than anything else. love him, but hmmmm. now i'm not so sure he isn't acting.

actually, that part i'm not inclined to believe. it's probably part of the backstory he's created for his on-stage persona, and suits the type of self-deprecating humour/style he is described, in that other review, as having.

"emotionally absent mother"? that makes me more suspicious than anything else. love him, but hmmmm. now i'm not so sure he isn't acting.
His personal information or bio for his standup gig was an ACTUAL act.

He seems to love his mother and she seems to support him (in the audience). So I don't think that she's 'absent' or anything.

best strategy ever. Getting votes by portraying a naive, lovable, funny person

hats-off.jpg

Ed and his twin look nothing alike.

BQ-U84FCEAASkxR.jpg

Is that a earring in Eds right ear or just light in the background... could explain all the gay rumors :p

If its all an act, it would actually make me like him even more:D. Best game player ever.

Wouldn't it be utterly marvellous if a housemate managed to keep up a persona for an entire series and then shock the public by winning and changing instantly during the interview with Sonya. Ben has Keyser Soze written all over him !! It would reduce Tim's game playing to nothing. He would be officially housemate of the decade no question. !!

Did a bit of Googling and stumbled across this:

"In 2008 I uploaded this video: "Big Brother 2008 Audition for Ben Zabel" under the username "CallumCox" (using my yahoo.com.au). Since then I think I've created a linked account to my Gmail account and can't delete that old video. Please help!"

Too bad the video has been deleted, it may have given some clues. Mind you the video was tagged as "comedy". Here is a link in case anyone can retrieve the deleted video http://radaris.com/ng/public/detail...d3StHox8&feature=youtube_gdata&key=3690004450

Wouldn't it be utterly marvellous if a housemate managed to keep up a persona for an entire series and then shock the public by winning and changing instantly during the interview with Sonya. Ben has Keyser Soze written all over him !! It would reduce Tim's game playing to nothing. He would be officially housemate of the decade no question. !!
Only a few notes higher in vocal pitch and a wider gaping mouth and he'd have "Travis Keyser Soze" written all over him..

tully did it.

It's true he was working as a flight attendant at Brissy airport, my friend whom also works there said he was let go for a "breakdown" he had on a flight... They say he went nuts, enough to lose his job.

Looks like he did some stand up too, which is allowed, and doesn't cross me as weird, he's funny and entertaining and I'm glad he was chosen to be on big brother and things are working out for him.

Tim was able to to it and we had live feed, I was tricked into thinking this was his personality, he then came out later and said it was all an act that he and the Chaser people staged. I was so disappointed as I really liked Tim. No one came out before and said thats not the real Tim.

Not quite white_tulips

Chas is a reality tv addict and prepared Tim B b4 going in. Tim B understood that to stay in the house he had to be a program-maker, to put his producer/writer hat on, which he did. He understood that his job was to create entertainment to stay in the house.

In that regard Tim B and bbau13 Tim are TOTALLY on the same page, i.e. bbau13 Tim works his fucking arse off, unlikr most of the others who are just coasting along and reacting to BB-contrived situations and Tim's antics.

However, when Tim B broke down it was real. Everything is amplified in there. Tim B never did emotional blackmail like Ben. he didn't sell himself out like that.

What if Bens not gay? He seemed to enjoy kissing Tully more than Drew.

He also loved talking about Boog. He said how gorgeous she is, how he'd pick her up and then he rolled his eyes in the most sexual way ever (he was lying in his bed through all that, looking like he was fantasizing about her). I thought he turned straight for a minute there.

It's true he was working as a flight attendant at Brissy airport, my friend whom also works there said he was let go for a "breakdown" he had on a flight... They say he went nuts, enough to lose his job.

Looks like he did some stand up too, which is allowed, and doesn't cross me as weird, he's funny and entertaining and I'm glad he was chosen to be on big brother and things are working out for him.

Well we have subsequently heard he was fired for giving out too many complimentary drinks on flights, where passengers were complaining they were paying while others were getting for free.

So I won't believe any story about why he left until we get some more official information.

Also can we put to rest this notion that Ben is doing his act 24/7. He isn't. That is why so many of us began to question him in the first place. There's so many extremes in his persona.

Times when he seems really witty, talented, switched on and clever. Times when he seems like a completely emotionally fragile idiot man baby. Unable to do the most basic things. Handle the most basic social interactions or life in the house. There's times when he's off in fantasy land with the fairies, or talking to pictures. There's times when he seems completely normal. There's times the merest notion someone in the house may be annoyed by him, or dislike him, or be happy about something inconsequential. That it has him balling his eyes out crying he thinks people will hate him. Then there's times people are just talking shit, ripping on him, or even having a laugh at his expense and he completely goes with the flow of it and doesn't care.

He is wildly inconsistent. Hence why we think the emotional man baby side is a put on or a massive exaggeration.

Back