Skip to main content

Today I ........

Today I got the date for my final (🤞🏽) eye op.
This has been going since September 21 when I had a detached retina, then two more surgery's, one for developing scar material on my retina post surgery, and then again another one when fluid formed under my retina which could have torn it again.
I have had a silicone oil bubble since then, keeping my retina in place and to stop more scarring. It's been 3 months, and finally I can have surgery to remove it.
It's been a nightmare with all the complications along the way. *huge sigh*
I just pray it'll all be behind me after March 28th.

This has been going since September 21 when I had a detached retina, then two more surgery's, one for developing scar material on my retina post surgery, and then again another one when fluid formed under my retina which could have torn it again.
I have had a silicone oil bubble since then, keeping my retina in place and to stop more scarring. It's been 3 months, and finally I can have surgery to remove it.
Funnily enough I was thinking about you just this morning. I hope you make a full recovery this time and can put the whole saga behind you. Best of luck!

Best of luck my dear friend...I pray that after March 28 it's all behind you too.

I'm going to Canada at the start of June. I hope it warms the fuck up before then haha!
Where are you headed to? June should definitely have some decent days but come prepared for rain as late spring/early summer can get pretty wet.

Where are you headed to? June should definitely have some decent days but come prepared for rain as late spring/early summer can get pretty wet.
Starting in Toronto and spending sometime in Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City. Then heading over to the Rockies (Banff & Jasper) and finishing up in Vancouver. About 3 weeks all up! Really looking forward to it!

Starting in Toronto and spending sometime in Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City. Then heading over to the Rockies (Banff & Jasper) and finishing up in Vancouver. About 3 weeks all up! Really looking forward to it!
Sounds good, rj90 1710806001570.gif

Nice… I only did a quick overnight in QC but from what I saw of it you’re in for a treat. Much nicer than the much more modern Montreal TBH.

When in Montreal you MUST visit La Banquise for Poutine it’s open 24 hours with alcohol being served until 2:30/3:00am.

Based on the fact you plan on hitting up Banff means you’ll be in Calgary (don’t make the mistake of calling it Cal-gary. Proper pronunciation is Cal-gree) for at least a night. If you plan on staying by the airport you’re SOL for getting to see anything other than the inside of a hotel room. If you plan on spending a day or two here the pathways along the Bow River are a great way to burn off a few pounds. National on Stephen Avenue and Kraft on 10th Ave SW both have rooftop patios if you’re looking for a spot to grab a pint whilst downtown. Olympic Plaza should have something going on nearly every weekend. If you take the c-train up to SAIT/Jubiblee/AU-Arts station and walk up to the top of the soccer field/parking structure you’ll get an amazing view of the Calgary skyline and then walk back in to downtown through Kensington. Kensington is another decent area to grab a pint on the way back. Lived in the area for a solid decade definitely worth a stroll through for a bit of character. If you’re here in June you’re a few weeks off the Stampede which some would say is the highlight of the Calgary social calendar.

Also be prepared lots of daylight... In Calgary the sun will start setting somewhere around 10:30pm in June.

Last edited:
Nice… I only did a quick overnight in QC but from what I saw of it you’re in for a treat. Much nicer than the much more modern Montreal TBH.

When in Montreal you MUST visit La Banquise for Poutine it’s open 24 hours with alcohol being served until 2:30/3:00am.

Based on the fact you plan on hitting up Banff means you’ll be in Calgary (don’t make the mistake of calling it Cal-gary. Proper pronunciation is Cal-gree) for at least a night. If you plan on staying by the airport you’re SOL for getting to see anything other than the inside of a hotel room. If you plan on spending a day or two here the pathways along the Bow River are a great way to burn off a few pounds. National on Stephen Avenue and Kraft on 10th Ave SW both have rooftop patios if you’re looking for a spot to grab a pint whilst downtown. Olympic Plaza should have something going on nearly every weekend. If you take the c-train up to SAIT/Jubiblee/AU-Arts station and walk up to the top of the soccer field/parking structure you’ll get an amazing view of the Calgary skyline and then walk back in to downtown through Kensington. Kensington is another decent area to grab a pint on the way back. Lived in the area for a solid decade definitely worth a stroll through for a bit of character. If you’re here in June you’re a few weeks off the Stampede which some would say is the highlight of the Calgary social calendar.

Also be prepared lots of daylight... In Calgary the sun will start setting somewhere around 10:30pm in June.

We'll be in Calgary for a night before we head into the Rockies! Staying downtown so should hopefully get some time to chill before heading to the Rockies! Thanks heaps for your advise! I'm always on the lookout for somewhere nice to have a beer, so that was very helpful! Much appreciated :)

We'll be in Calgary for a night before we head into the Rockies! Staying downtown so should hopefully get some time to chill before heading to the Rockies! Thanks heaps for your advise! I'm always on the lookout for somewhere nice to have a beer, so that was very helpful! Much appreciated :)
No worries. Another interesting little place is called Civic Tavern it's an old house turned pub. They have a massive patio out the back. There's a few other places nearby and it's just a short walk to 17th AVE which is Calgary's sort of main "strip".

BeFunky-collage-2021-06-24T171910.695-1255x600.jpg

Today I'm setting up Windows 10 on an old laptop I want to sell. I usually use Linux Mint. Doing all the updates on Windows is so painfully slow. Stuck on "Getting Windows ready. Don't turn off your computer: for painfully long periods. Why does anyone put up with this? It's just awful. Not to mention I got stuck on "Can't connect to this network" and had to spend the better part of an hour searching for fixes on Youtube at one point.
/rant

Today I'm setting up Windows 10 on an old laptop I want to sell. I usually use Linux Mint. Doing all the updates on Windows is so painfully slow. Stuck on "Getting Windows ready. Don't turn off your computer: for painfully long periods. Why does anyone put up with this? It's just awful. Not to mention I got stuck on "Can't connect to this network" and had to spend the better part of an hour searching for fixes on Youtube at one point.
/rant
Did you fix it?
I hate the long winded windows updates I'd get on the laptop I keep at work. Win 8.1. It would go forever just to get the message saying, it couldn't update, so undoing the update - or words to that effect. That laptop now runs better now it's not supported by microsoft!

Did you fix it?
I hate the long winded windows updates I'd get on the laptop I keep at work. Win 8.1. It would go forever just to get the message saying, it couldn't update, so undoing the update - or words to that effect. That laptop now runs better now it's not supported by microsoft!
It worked, it just took like an hour and a half or something ridiculous. On Linux I get some little updates every day, they take a minute most times and never require a restart, unless it's a major core update. Even the big ones take less than 10 minutes and it doesn't force you to restart, just recommends you do so ASAP. So, whenever you're ready, really. Anyway I'm only installing Windows because most people who are buying will expect it.

How are you going with your eyes?

How are you going with your eyes?
Slowly but surely, timmy.
I'm day 10 into recovery of my op to remove the silicone oil bubble. I now, again, have a gas bubble which should dissolve itself over the next week. It's a very anxious time. Roll on Tuesday when I see the surgeon again. I need good, positive news.

Today I woke up to a FB notification on my phone which started with "If that's true then you're a f" and I tapped on it to find out the rest of that sentence and the context, but alas it had been deleted or moderated to oblivion. Dogdammit. :roflmao::roflmao: I wonder what I'd said to upset that person? I have no idea who it was, let alone which group. Fuck FB leaving me hanging like that.

Back