Skip to main content

Today I ........

Ohhh just saw them in the video. You are breaking my heart now too.
Awwwww. Little doggies.
Ruby is coping, but not without complaining. She's a bit growly and jealous, but it is helping he's not in her face or anything. He's pretty chill, a bit of a doofus really.

Petsitting sounds like a good idea for you for now. Might also be fostering opportunities around?

I’m not complaining but this weather is unnatural. I can’t believe we’re mere days away from Christmas and I’m able to comfortably sit out on my balcony as I write this post. We’ve had some brown Christmas’s before but never like this.

IMG_2310.jpeg

Looking at those temperatures and going brrrr. Auckland is humid this time of year. The type of heat I hate the most. I am missing the warm dry heat of south Australia (well mostly I know it has been rainy there too). Hope you get the snow you want though @Kingston. I want to experience at least 1 white Xmas in my life.

Looking at those temperatures and going brrrr. Auckland is humid this time of year. The type of heat I hate the most. I am missing the warm dry heat of south Australia (well mostly I know it has been rainy there too). Hope you get the snow you want though @Kingston. I want to experience at least 1 white Xmas in my life.
Yeah humid hot weather isn’t nice. As for whether I want snow… A white Christmas is atmospheric but I’m really not that bothered. If you think those temps are cold we are typically much colder this time of year. Last year at this time we were in the middle of a polar vortex.

IMG_2313.jpeg

I don't know how you can live with it @Kingston. Yesterday and today I've woken up to 16C and I'm wearing jeans and it's frigid. Woke up in the early hours and had to find my fleecy blankie! Somehow it'll still get to 28C though.

I don't know how you can live with it @Kingston. Yesterday and today I've woken up to 16C and I'm wearing jeans and it's frigid. Woke up in the early hours and had to find my fleecy blankie! Somehow it'll still get to 28C though.
yeah I am with you - 16 degrees and it is blankie time! Living in Australia has made me such a wuss with the cold!

yeah I am with you - 16 degrees and it is blankie time! Living in Australia has made me such a wuss with the cold!
I hate the cold. Walking to school in Napier in winter I'd be breaking the ice on the puddles. A handful of chilly mornings in "winter" here is more than enough for me.

I’m 100% with you guys… I’m such a wuss when it comes to the cold. As for how we do those extreme subzero temps, the fact is we don’t. Going outside is pretty much reserved to “if necessary”, our houses all have central heating, and a good thick winter jacket that you can fit several layers underneath is an absolute must. The winters are why car culture is so big in the majority of Canada.

So I’m at my mom’s for Christmas and it’s kind of become a thing where we binge something over Christmas. I first suggested Suits but Shameless came up on suggestions and I thought she’d probably enjoy than a bit more… I’d forgotten how much sex is in the first couple of episodes 😳

So Saltburn has been all over my FYP so I decided to give it a watch… I see a lot of similarities between it and The Talented Mr Ripley. Loved the soundtrack. Will definitely need to give it another watch.

So Saltburn has been all over my FYP so I decided to give it a watch… I see a lot of similarities between it and The Talented Mr Ripley. Loved the soundtrack. Will definitely need to give it another watch.
Yeah I've downloaded it but yet to watch.

So I’m at my mom’s for Christmas and it’s kind of become a thing where we binge something over Christmas. I first suggested Suits but Shameless came up on suggestions and I thought she’d probably enjoy than a bit more… I’d forgotten how much sex is in the first couple of episodes 😳
Hilarious!
Was it the UK or US version?
That reminds of a client of mine who told me she decided to watch a Christmas film a good few years ago with her niece and nephew who were 6 and 8. Unfortunately it was Bad Santa. She was horrified! 😂

Hilarious!
Was it the UK or US version?
That reminds of a client of mine who told me she decided to watch a Christmas film a good few years ago with her niece and nephew who were 6 and 8. Unfortunately it was Bad Santa. She was horrified! 😂
The American series.

The American series.
We watched the UK series first, so a few years later when we started to watch the US one, we couldn't relate to the characters as much; and both being British, related more to them as we could picture them to be exactly as they were (knowing some people who were like them).
From memory, I think the US one had pretty worse sex scenes right enough!

I think I tried the UK series at one point but couldn’t get in to it. Shameless is a rare case where I actually think the Americans improved things.

Back