Skip to main content

Survivor San Juan Del Sur

Strong black mans shoulders.

(I am sorry if there a straight guys on here who may be offended by man on man action)!

... your body is for Survivor. ;)

tumblr_m8g77cWfQF1qihztbo1_400.gif

The main lesson I learnt in this episode:

Never state that a gay guy is just 'one' of the girls thinking you're being inclusive/embracive, it may not go down as well as expected. :p

Yep, I wouldn't like it myself. Last time I looked I have a penis.

It was an ok start to the season, haven't warmed to anyone yet, and I don't like the use of Amazing Race contestants, or ex professional sportspeople either for that matter.

Great to have survivor back. Not a bad 1st episode. I can see some controversy forming as the season goes on. Hopefully it will include some unpredictable blindsides and some big moves from power players.

First episode spoilers.

My biggest question is why did Josh vote for Baylor? He seemed to be getting annoyed at being called a girl, but didnt vote fpr the one who went home. The other guys all did, and the girls voted as they planned, but Josh, for some reason, voted for a woman whose only criteria to vote was with him.

The only way I can understand what he did is that
a) His vote was not against the men, and their target went home, so he didn't alienate himself from them.
b) He didn't evict a woman, and so theymight still work with them.
c) Baylor and he seemed close, so he may be able to smooth it over with her, leaving him on good terms with everyone, unlike all the other men, who have pissed off the women, and all the women, who are targets of the male majority.

Maybe. Otherwise, what was he thinking.

Quote of the night: DIG WOMAN!!!

Umm, no. They are water.

yes they are, but in 'blood' vs 'water' survivor, 'water' refers to everyone else in the game apart from your family member / partner who is 'blood' - even when they're not a blood relative.

No matter how attached one is to a partner I would argue that bond does not compare to the one you have with a child. In a game like Survivor blood vs water you might put yourself before a spouse / partner, but in contrast would likely put your child first, sacrificing your own interests.
Those choices are what makes the experiment so interesting I guess.

Didn't someone side with her tribe and vote out her mum on the last BvW? Sorry I've completely blanked on names.

yes they are, but in 'blood' vs 'water' survivor, 'water' refers to everyone else in the game apart from your family member / partner who is 'blood' - even when they're not a blood relative.

No matter how attached one is to a partner I would argue that bond does not compare to the one you have with a child. In a game like Survivor blood vs water you might put yourself before a spouse / partner, but in contrast would likely put your child first, sacrificing your own interests.
Those choices are what makes the experiment so interesting I guess.

Ciera's move last time must've stung a bit, then.

Ciera's move last time must've stung a bit, then.
Absolutely, but she was the child.
I think a parent will likely put their child first, but a child will not necessarily do the same for their parent.
It would be interesting to see Ciera play against her own daughter one day if the show is around in the future, and they were willing.

Back