Skip to main content

So... Back in forever?

Ten or seven would show it at more consistent times, that in itself would be a improvement.

Ok... So that's an argument that at least has some basis in reality... Rather than just something @mistercat122 thought of while he was working on an arts and crafts project... That said BB hasn't a chance of ever being picked up by Seven in this lifetime...

Kingston is right. Even if channel ten or seven do pick it up there is no gaurnetee that they would do a better job then nine. Let's not forget tens poor. And 7 isn't really the best when it comes to programming. The only thing that would be given to us is a constistant time slot and schedual.

Not even that is 100% guaranteed...

Maybe but i disagree. Channel 10 is really good with their schedualing. Masterchef, biggest loser, ima celeb, the project, have you been paying attention and their news all have constistant time slots.

Maybe but i disagree. Channel 10 is really good with their schedualing. Masterchef, biggest loser, ima celeb, the project, have you been paying attention and their news all have constistant time slots.

A consistent time-slot on another network is probable but not guaranteed...

A consistent time-slot on another network is probable but not guaranteed...
There are never any real guarantees in life...

ce53a0b7ae7364f594bcff0e293faa22.jpg

For those of you going through BB withdrawals... Check out an American reality show called Solitary... What you will likely enjoy is the sociological experiment aspects of the show and the people watching...

Basically a group of people are locked up in complete isolation and are competing a $50, 000 prize... Throughout their time in solitary they will face a number of tests and treatments that will break them both physically and mentally... Those locked in solitary are not just completing against each other but they are competing against themselves...

I've found versions 2, 3, and 4 on YouTube...

For those of you going through BB withdrawals... Check out an American reality show called Solitary... What you will likely enjoy is the sociological experiment aspects of the show and the people watching...

Basically a group of people are locked up in complete isolation and are competing a $50, 000 prize... Throughout their time in solitary they will face a number of tests and treatments that will break them both physically and mentally... Those locked in solitary are not just completing against each other but they are competing against themselves...

I've found versions 2, 3, and 4 on YouTube...

Ohhh that does sound quite interesting.

Kingston is right. Even if channel ten or seven do pick it up there is no gaurnetee that they would do a better job then nine. Let's not forget tens poor. And 7 isn't really the best when it comes to programming. The only thing that would be given to us is a constistant time slot and schedual.
Hate those three words but he absolutely is, although we do know that the production team and Channel 9 didn't necessarily agree on the direction the show was going in. Internationally though despite this more scripted style being received badly in the UK then Australia as countries revive the show it seems to be the route they go - and it always does as badly as you'd expect. Anyone picking up the show needs to look at what made the show work in the first place, not just look at what other countries are doing and copy it regardless (I've lost count of the number of countries copying Australia's pairs launch twist!)

FOXTEL and Ten could be interesting though and perhaps a Gogglebox style partnership could work, with the show premiering on a Foxtel channel early evening (which I assume have less restrictions thant FTA) and then getting a later repeat on Ten the same night. Live shows would continue to premiere on Ten, while a partnership with Foxtel opens up the possibility of a live 24/7 feed - either directly on TV or delivered via Foxtel Go as a bonus channel.

Hate those three words but he absolutely is, although we do know that the production team and Channel 9 didn't necessarily agree on the direction the show was going in. Internationally though despite this more scripted style being received badly in the UK then Australia as countries revive the show it seems to be the route they go - and it always does as badly as you'd expect. Anyone picking up the show needs to look at what made the show work in the first place, not just look at what other countries are doing and copy it regardless (I've lost count of the number of countries copying Australia's pairs launch twist!)

Thanks... That said I'm not certain there was as much of a struggle as Alex was letting on... So many of the things Alex did during his run as EP was merely lip service... I really don't know too many people who would have stayed in his position for as long as he had if he wasn't on board with the direction the show went in...

FOXTEL and Ten could be interesting though and perhaps a Gogglebox style partnership could work, with the show premiering on a Foxtel channel early evening (which I assume have less restrictions thant FTA) and then getting a later repeat on Ten the same night. Live shows would continue to premiere on Ten, while a partnership with Foxtel opens up the possibility of a live 24/7 feed - either directly on TV or delivered via Foxtel Go as a bonus channel.

I can't see this working at all... It might work for other programming but not for BB... BB needs a sense of consistency... Bouncing around from network to network and across two different platforms is a far cry from consistent...

FOXTEL also doesn't have the reach that the OTA networks have... BB worked in Canada on a cable network because cable is how most Canadians access TV... Unlike Australia where cable is still somewhat of a luxury product... I just can't see how this formula would work... Stripping across multi channels has potential because the playing field is a lot more even...

Back