Skip to main content

So... Back in forever?

It definitely will be revived sometime it's just the older generation think they know better. My point is really, nine fucked last year and still made a profit.......

I believe if one of Tens reality series dwindles in popularity, i.e The Biggest Loser (quite a huge budgeted production), it will be worth a look into the investment of a potential revive of there famed series. The CEO's and investors just need to see this when pitched lol.

Only time will time.....

Even if Ten picked it up there's no guarantee they'd do a good job, they may still have the same restraints of being family friendly that Nein had anyway. It'd be a pretty big gamble to pick up a show that they have cancelled and that also went to shit on another network.

Yes, the demand is there from a percentage of the viewers but I imagine that the general vibe is that there is considerable fatigue and it has run its course. Of course this is partly due to an atrocious season last year, but it would be silly to completely overlook this.

I'd love Ten to pick it up and restore the show back to its glory days, especially with live feeds and adults only, but I'd be pretty surprised if this happened.

If it's coming back, what i want to know, is when.
My bets are on a 2018 revival, either on foxtel or ten. Possibly sooner, if ten manages to fuck up "im barely a celebrity, get me out of here." we might see them desperately looking for content.

If it's coming back, what i want to know, is when.
My bets are on a 2018 revival, either on foxtel or ten. Possibly sooner, if ten manages to fuck up "im barely a celebrity, get me out of here." we might see them desperately looking for content.
Foxtel usually has more poorer ratings than free to air. I unfortunately doubt

No way it would go on foxtel, is all mostly a bunch of re runs hahaha
I cant see any of the channels there picking it up either, they dont run shows like free to air TV does

If channel 10 put it on they could put it at 8:30pm for the weekday shows or something and have special shows on earlier to get rid of that family rating shit

maybe not idk

They could just make it M or something

Unless sbs buys it then it's surely done. But how great would it be on SBS?
The creator 'John De Mol jr' ironically owns shares in the dutch sbs lol. But yeah, I don't think they can afford it, to busy focusing on bogans in struggle street.

The creator 'John De Mol jr' ironically owns shares in the dutch sbs lol. But yeah, I don't think they can afford it, to busy focusing on bogans in struggle street.

Oh really? Maybe that will somehow help them, but yeah... nah. It'd be awesome but way too expensive and it'd be a completely different show anyway.

I'd happily watch re-runs of old BB series. ANY BB is better than none.

I agree. Even if we could just get the old series playing on a continues marathon I would be very happy. The Simpsons three week marathon did fantastic for Foxtel, then the movie did even better. I think a lot of people would be interested to re watch past series. Don't forget even though they are on YouTube most of the people that watched it in you tube are either people over seas or people in my age group. The people that watched big brother originally probably aren't always spending time on YouTube, that's just what I think I could be wrong. But I do think many people will be interested to re watch it from the beginning.

...The people that watched big brother originally probably aren't always spending time on YouTube, that's just what I think I could be wrong....
Yes, you're wrong. ;)

As for a commercial broadcaster repeating it, I can't decide if I think it would catch the eyes that matter.

I'm not so sure a BB series re-run would be viable, unless perhaps a single series (from the ten era, no doubt!) was to be aired in the summer non-ratings period and used as a precursor to a BB reboot to remind Australia of what BB 'done properly' could be like. With the voting information and other irrelevant filler stripped out, a week of BB (core shows - daily shows/evictions/nominations) could probably fit on something like a Sun/Mon schedule or something. Of course this would backfire in a network's face if they started meddling with the reboot and made some hasty mid-series 'alterations'.

A marathon on the other hand I think would fail to hold an audience no matter what though due to the large time commitment it requires. Don't forget with the 90 and sometimes 120 minute shows on Nine on top of later start times it was beginning to become a bit too much for some people (vs a guaranteed 30 min daily on weekdays not counting live shows on ten). With The Simpsons there's no need to watch episodes in chronological order - if you miss some episodes it doesn't impact the later ones meaning you can drop in and out of the marathon without an issue :).

With Big Bang Theory gone to 7 I think it'd be smart for Channel 9 to jump on any ratings gold they can right now. Although last years series did not fare as well as it could've, I still believe the format is a winner for the network.

...perhaps a single series (from the ten era, no doubt!) was to be aired in the summer non-ratings period and used as a precursor to a BB reboot to remind Australia of what BB 'done properly' could be like....
Actually, if TEN picked it up, that's a crazy, wonderful idea that just might work. Although there's always the risk of over-saturating the viewers before the 'real game' starts. Perhaps - deity forbid - a 'cut-down' shortened, highlights series MIGHT be possible, but that means more costs if it's to be done properly.

Food for thought. :)

Do you think Nine would learn from the mistakes of last series?
Hopefully! Andrew Blackwell seems to be a pretty reasonable guy and knows the formula failed but I think overall there might be restrictions that they can't break. I.e 'Family Friendly' what a croc of shit....

7pm shows and later night adult shows. Easy fucking peasy, viewers will be more happy. I'm telling you Andrew, the 16-39 demographic will be smashed and provide sufficient revenue. Also it shows all launch shows had over 1 million consolidated. It shows people are interested but just obvious hate how the show was run. Launch nights are most important, because a lot of people don't waste time and judge within the first hour.

To be fair though after last years performance, advertisements rates would be negotiated at a lower cost and companies would be less interested.

Oh and also, I don't blame Alex (even though i was fuming back in the day lol). He's a damn cocky brit but I know he would of tried at least to fix what happened but at the end of the day Channel 9 controlled him. He is human to and needs to provide for his family. And I bet it's not an easy job to

Back