Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't say it was the only reason he took the job did I? But if you get the option of shooting fish in a barrel, it's not going to cause you to have a negative perception of your job. It'd be weird to not want it to continue for as long as possible...
He could walk down the local shopping centre and pull a root, doesn't need to sit in a voice over booth 6 days a week to achieve that, your reasoning is mental.

Rumour: Big Brother for 2016?
September 27th, 2015 By David Knox 12 commentsFiled under: News,

Take this one with a pinch of salt, but News Corp is speculating the Big Brother may be back on Nine due to underwhelming numbers for Celebrity Apprentice.

Celebrity Apprentice hasn’t worked — it’s flat as a tack,” an unnamed source advises.

“Now Nine is thinking about reviving Big Brother for its fourth quarter schedule in 2016.”

That’s after just two episodes of the FremantleMedia show. But it’s true the show has not taken off.

Nine is understood to be disappointed with the quality of the challenges, but happier with boardroom scenes with Mark Bouris. They should be -given Bouris’s Yellowbrick Road has bankrolled a huge proportion of the show -it’s practically branded entertainment.

Recent reports that Dreamworld had shut down the house proved to be untrue. As TV Tonightreported, it was merely warehousing some of the equipment.

The house remains ready for the next time the show goes back before the cameras, while the appeal of the show lies in the amount of hours it can generate across a schedule.

Producer Alex Mavroidakis is also now hitched to I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! with ITV Studios Australia.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/09/rumour-big-brother-for-2016.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________
BIG BROTHER COMING BACK?

A well-placed source reveals there have been some early conversations between Nine and Endemol Shine about reviving Big Brother next year.

Nine rested the social experiment reality series on ice this year. There was even suggestion the format was dead and buried after tradies were spotted stripping the Gold Coast set.

But that was merely spring cleaning, our insider said.

2fb99fa7d158aedd2d04aa6ae88a8790

Coming back? ... an insider says Nine may revive Big Brother in 2016.Source:News Corp Australia

“Celebrity Apprentice hasn’t worked — it’s flat as a tack,” the source said.

“Now Nine is thinking about reviving Big Brother for its fourth quarter schedule in 2016.”

There’s no word on whether Sonia Kruger is in the running to host again. No official statement about the future of the show has been made. Watch that space.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...on-channel-seven/story-e6frfmyi-1227543934241

Last edited:

Take this one with a pinch of salt, but News Corp is speculating the Big Brother may be back on Nine due to underwhelming numbers for Celebrity Apprentice.

Celebrity Apprentice hasn’t worked — it’s flat as a tack,” an unnamed source advises.

That’s after just two episodes of the FremantleMedia show. But it’s true the show has not taken off.

Nine is understood to be disappointed with the quality of the challenges, but happier with boardroom scenes with Mark Bouris. They should be -given Bouris’s Yellowbrick Road has bankrolled a huge proportion of the show -it’s practically branded entertainment.

Recent reports that Dreamworld had shut down the house proved to be untrue. As TV Tonightreported, it was merely warehousing some of the equipment.

The house remains ready for the next time the show goes back before the cameras, while the appeal of the show lies in the amount of hours it can generate across a schedule.

Producer Alex Mavroidakis is also now hitched to I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! with ITV Studios Australia.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
BIG BROTHER COMING BACK?

A well-placed source reveals there have been some early conversations between Nine and Endemol Shine about reviving Big Brother next year.

Nine rested the social experiment reality series on ice this year. There was even suggestion the format was dead and buried after tradies were spotted stripping the Gold Coast set.

Coming back? ... an insider says Nine may revive Big Brother in 2016.Source:News Corp Australia

There’s no word on whether Sonia Kruger is in the running to host again. No official statement about the future of the show has been made. Watch that space.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...on-channel-seven/story-e6frfmyi-1227543934241
interesting...

I'll admit i'm still doubtful, considering how much talk there always is. It could potentially mean nothing and nothing more than a misunderstanding. Whats also has got me intrigued is........ The house looks shit at the moment hahahaha.

BIG BROTHER COMING BACK?

Hmmmm. I have mixed emotions.

^^ Nice rumour but considering the recent auction for absolutely everything and the sheer mess that the house appears to be in I'd say that this is definitely not happening. Maybe someday but I'd be very surprised if it's happening next year.

I guess they can turn things around pretty quickly if they need to, but I think they'd have to relocate altogether at this stage.

I would actually love to see them relocate it to a different place - move it to South Australia or something :) Or maybe they will combine the block and BB next year and they have to build the BB house first!

Nine are probably realizing that they are losing ground. Celeb Apprentice is a dud, The Blocks ratings are tanking and they've lost their repeats of Big Bang Theory. Personally, I don't want Nine's greedy mitts on BB - I'm hoping the success of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, and I'm a Celeb, might convince Ten that BB is worth a gamble. Wishful thinking, I know

I'm hoping the success of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, and I'm a Celeb, might convince Ten that BB is worth a gamble. Wishful thinking, I know
I was hoping for the same thing. But something tells me that, because there reality formats are providing sustainable revenue, why would they bother an investment financially big as 'Big Brother'.

Big Brother is a big risk. In the age of online streaming and diminishing ratings networks would want to be and feel secure enough before taking a gamble.

I would actually love to see them relocate it to a different place - move it to South Australia or something :) Or maybe they will combine the block and BB next year and they have to build the BB house first!
Big Brother will stay at DreamWorld for as long as it can - it's one of the shows main sponsors.

It's why during the TEN-era it was always prominently featured in the opening sequence and why the Nine-era had the logo at the start of each episode in the corner. It's why each Live show begins with "Welcome to DreamWorld on the Gold Coast". It's why every episode ends with "DreamWorld - The Home of Big Brother". It's all advertising for DreamWorld that they've paid for.

Losing DreamWorld would do more damage than good.

I reckon it's true. 9 have realised celeb apprentice is shit and ain't working. Celeb is rating around 500K and it's just going to go down form here. Big brother still Managed 650K and the occasional 700k. I don't know if I believe it's deffintly coming back, but I deffintly believe 9 is re-considering. A years brake was good for the show and it deserves to come back next year.

Sadly, I think Nine might believe they are being sent a message that reality tv is dead.

Yeah probs. It wouldn't be advisable to replace a sinking reality TV show with one that's already gone under.

I personally prefer scripted TV but like some of reality, and while the latter will likely never completely go away I think it is declining. It doesn't help that Nein put reality TV on steroids, but I think it's a general trend.

But what to replace it all with? Reality is such a TV staple now.

I wouldn't call it dead. Masterchef's ratings where fantastic this year. Stuff like my kitchen rules, the voice and The block all did pretty well. In all honesty ite not that reality TV is dead, there's been too much of it. Big brother has potential to deliver big numbers. I for one am more confident in BB returning in 2016. I wouldn't go as far as too say I am 100%. But I'm a little bit more confident and I hope it comes back. I really really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back