Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year the Gynge was quoted as saying the big three raters were News, Reality and Live TV. I wonder what he thinks now?

I still believe he's missing the trick that Big Brother has the potential to make by combining the latter two and returning Big Brother to a TRULY Live format. It's one of only two shows that could be done that way.

To replace their ship-building industry? :D

;) ;)

If I'm promised that the staples diet is Barossa Valley and pie floaters, I wouldn't be too against the idea.

But having the house in South Australia would just be so weird to me. Live footage where it's lighter at the house than where I am? Weird.

Because it would still be warm most of the time so they can enjoy the outside (otherwise I may have gone with Launceston!), but why not celebrate a state that doesn't normally get a lot of TV programs based there? And I love the ideas of the wine product placement and challenges :)

If Nine are seriously considering bringing Big Brother back I hope they take the time to realise and learn from what went wrong. If they are just going to put out another mediocre series just to fill the fourth quarter. They should forget it. It will rate even worse than last year's series and Celebrity Apprentice's ratings at the moment. Big Brother is in a critical condition. This could make or break the show for good. Why do I even have this hope it could change for the better? I should remember that this is Channel Nine we are talking about and they probably think things are fine the way they are and think they know best. :(

If Alex is over on "I'm A Celebrity" now it may mean we will get a new executive producer which could be a good thing. Or it might be a really bad thing. lol. It depends who they pick to replace him with. ;):p

I definitely think the show needs some new blood in control. It needs to be revamped.

I think we have all been saying this since the first day the show came to Channel Nine in 2012 but Nine should remember:
  • Big Brother - Six nights a week. (Daily show highlights)
  • Evictions on Sunday Nights
  • Adults Only program on GO! (once a week)
  • UpLate show - Live Streaming from the house for a hour or two each weeknight on GO!
  • Online streaming (at least on a delay)
  • Regular 7.30pm time slot (no 8.30 slots for evictions and daily shows - the audience will switch off if later (like what happened last year)
  • Lose this family friendly angle. (This really killed the show on Channel Nine. The show doesn't have to be smutty. We don't want that. We (the audience) just want to be treated with respect and intelligence. We are not pre-school children. Don't treat us that way. Big Brother on Channel Ten in the early days had a fine balance between kids and adults enjoying the show.
I miss the show but then I remember last year's series and shudder. Can't we just have BB go back to Network Ten? :drowning:

I doubt all those who worked on BB lived in brisbane/gold coast

But you really think they can source as many locals in SA?
They'd need to also put up the entire EP team in accommodation for a significant amount of time (plus the production team moving themselves there), AND find the location for the set.

BB would go to Melbourne inside one of the docklands studio sheds ala BB Canada, or to Sydney, before Adelaide would even be considered

Anything is possible when we are talking about taking seriously an article from TV Tonight :woot:

But you really think they can source as many locals in SA?
They'd need to also put up the entire EP team in accommodation for a significant amount of time (plus the production team moving themselves there), AND find the location for the set.

BB would go to Melbourne inside one of the docklands studio sheds ala BB Canada, or to Sydney, before Adelaide would even be considered

I think @Isee was just having a bit of a joke as a South Australian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back