Skip to main content

Off Tahan

Tahan close to Drew? I don't think so. I think she just tries to be civil with him. He's a genuine guy and hasn't done anything personally insulting to her. Same for Tully - she doesn't go after Tahan, so Tahan doesn't see the need to dislike her. She doesn't have to have a vendetta against everyone.

I think it's funny how she hates fake people, but hangs around Ed - the fakest person in the house.

It seems to me she just has a problem with other girls.

None of the girls on this year are easy to get on with though. Jade has her boy issues, the sisters are just.. fucking weird as hell, Mikkayla is Mikkayla, Tully is... crazy, and Heidi had her major insecurities towards Jade and Tahan. That leaves Tahan with little room to get any of their full trust. Meanwhile, the guys don't go after her for the little reasons the other girls do. Tim sort of does now, but that's because she called him out when he was selfish yet again with the ice cream.

It's just true (unfortunately) that girls are like that - more prone to jealousy and feelings of resentment towards females that are better looking than them. Not ALL girls are like that, but yes, quite a few do behave that way. This season, the women definitely exude that. Look at how Tully treats Jade!

I'm half Maori and I mock my kiwi accent all the time. I have a half Indian friend that also mocks her Indian accents and certain stereotypes all the time and i know a lot of people that do but we still embrace our culture. I get that Tahan is sensitive about the topic but accusing someone of racism is a BIG DEAL. And if Mikkaylas comments were racist, she'd be getting more backlash. Bottom line is most people don't see anything wrong with what Mikkayla said and if Tahan is the direct and honest person everyone says she is then she should've spoken to Mikkayla about it first before throwing the word "racist" around.

Maybe she did... I don't think what we see on the air is everything that goes on in the house.

Mocking an accent of a country that is multi-ethnic and then tracing that back to your 1/2 ethnicity makes no sense. I'm part Hawaiian, for example. If I said I mock the general American accent because I'm part Hawaiian, that isn't at all reflective of my race or ethnic background. That's a nation with many different types of people within it. If I were to say I mock my Italian accent, that would be more tied to my "ethnicity" (except Italians are really diverse... so again, that falls flat). Mikkayla is KOREAN, the most homogeneous group of people in the world. Making fun of that accent is indeed tied to the race/ethnicity. And she does it to all asians and groups them together, so that's even more of a generalization. Her being asian of some kind doesn't mean she can just make fun of all asians and say "well, I'm making fun of myself!". That's like the Irish-Aussie poster here saying he mocks all Europeans, including Russians and Greeks who aren't the same.

Regardless, it's pretty obvious Mikk wishes she was skinnier, taller, whiter. That's probably what Tahan picks up as well, considering she lives with her and sees it firsthand.

Why is everyone calling Mikkayla "Kay"?

All right, I'll stop doing it just for you murf. :cool:

But if Mikkayla prefers her nick to be Mik then maybe she should consider dropping the (useless?) part of her name that has the stress on it, mi-KAY-la, and permanently change it to Mikky. :p

I beg to differ, that is under no circumstances a bully. A bully is one who intimidates, coerce by physical use or force. She is direct and brutally honest yes.

Agree. I don't believe Tahan has been intentionally malicious to anyone. She just doesn't filter what comes out of her mouth.

Maybe she did... I don't think what we see on the air is everything that goes on in the house.

Mocking an accent of a country that is multi-ethnic and then tracing that back to your 1/2 ethnicity makes no sense. I'm part Hawaiian, for example. If I said I mock the general American accent because I'm part Hawaiian, that isn't at all reflective of my race or ethnic background. That's a nation with many different types of people within it. If I were to say I mock my Italian accent, that would be more tied to my "ethnicity" (except Italians are really diverse... so again, that falls flat). Mikkayla is KOREAN, the most homogeneous group of people in the world. Making fun of that accent is indeed tied to the race/ethnicity. And she does it to all asians and groups them together, so that's even more of a generalization. Her being asian of some kind doesn't mean she can just make fun of all asians and say "well, I'm making fun of myself!". That's like the Irish-Aussie poster here saying he mocks all Europeans, including Russians and Greeks who aren't the same.

Regardless, it's pretty obvious Mikk wishes she was skinnier, taller, whiter. That's probably what Tahan picks up as well, considering she lives with her and sees it firsthand.

The accent that I mock is one possessed by most Maoris so its not like I'm making fun of an accent that isn't a part of my culture. Me and my fellow kiwi friends are always making "fush en chups " jokes even sheep jokes. Its all lighthearted. People mock accents all the time -English accents, Indian accents, Africa American accents. Like everything, it just depends on the context and HOW its said and not what they're actually saying. Watching Mikkayla's comments, its all lighthearted.

And I agree with you that we don't see everything so I don't know why you just assume that Mikkayla wants to be white. There's nothing that she's said that's indicated that. Tahan hasn't even said that.

The fact that she's closest to Matt, Ed, Tully and Drew tells me she isn't really good at judging anyone's character.
Yeah she needs better influences in her life, and more maturity.

If you want friends, be a friend. Tahan needs to learn that.

You know, I may be in the minority but Ed and Matt are decent people, yes, they may be boring and are jocks but they really are nice as compared to Tim, Ben and Drew. Tim can be awfully cruel and selfish ( he thinks he's funny) Ben is weird, and Drew is a wuss. I don't care how entertaining they are. I really like Matt's friendship with Tahan. They bonded from the beginning. Even Ed finds it easy to relate to Tahan without fear of giving her wrong signals. I wish Caleb was still around. Do miss him.
La Firenze is right when he says the females are too emotional and sensitive I may add. Tully when she is not on an emotional roller coaster can be pretty decent and without Drew by her side. Anyway, even on the outside, Tahan would have never crossed paths with the sisters, Mikkayla or Jade. Even if they did they wouldn't have been friends. At least Tahan is true to her self. Her Bf did say these girls are not persons she'd hang out with on the outside. If you want to talk about maturity, none of them are mature enough.

I have friends who are genuine and friends who use me as their crutch. I have superficial friends and then there are the hi and bye type of friends. To me a good friend is one who accepts you for who you are flaws and all and is not blinded to them. And the saying goes a friend in need is a friend in deed. Being a true friend is sharing your joys and your woes. Sorry for my rant.

Yeah she needs better influences in her life, and more maturity.

If you want friends, be a friend. Tahan needs to learn that.

Oh come on. She's friends with Ed & Matt, because they treat her as she treats them, direct,and you heard her Tully befriended her early and she's not going to break that connection. And Drew and Tahan are good together.

And none of us are game to talk about the elephant in the room???
The Indigenous/Aboriginal heritage................now that is a whole different kettle of fish, with historical/cultural/social significance, and whole lot of evil attached.

Oh come on. She's friends with Ed & Matt, because they treat her as she treats them, direct,and you heard her Tully befriended her early and she's not going to break that connection. And Drew and Tahan are good together.

The Indigenous/Aboriginal heritage................now that is a whole different kettle of fish, with historical/cultural/social significance, and whole lot of evil attached.

I think Tahan sometimes lacks respect for people (she may speak her mind, but she's obviously hurt people with her comments). She needs to have a filter between her brain and her mouth so that she doesn't offend people so much. I'm mostly going off what the housemates have said, but it seems Tahan doesn't really think before she speaks. Fair enough to express how you feel about people, but do it in a respectful way that doesn't leave people feeling like they just got slapped across the face.

You'd think that with her indigenous background she would've grown up hearing some pretty nasty comments directed towards her. Maybe not, but either way I thought she'd be nicer to people.

i dont get it. why is this an elephant and why are you not game enough to talk about it :confused:
i think i might have missed something in the thread.

please explain.

I think Tahan sometimes lacks respect for people (she may speak her mind, but she's obviously hurt people with her comments). She needs to have a filter between her brain and her mouth so that she doesn't offend people so much. I'm mostly going off what the housemates have said, but it seems Tahan doesn't really think before she speaks. Fair enough to express how you feel about people, but do it in a respectful way that doesn't leave people feeling like they just got slapped across the face.

You'd think that with her indigenous background she would've grown up hearing some pretty nasty comments directed towards her. Maybe not, but either way I thought she'd be nicer to people.

Having nasty comments flung at you doesn't make you feel like being nice to people. More likely the opposite, gives you a tough exterior and a heightened sensitivity to any perceived racism - and in many cases you just learn to hate or rise above it, some of superior acting Tahan is her rising above it.

Nothing really against Tahan. Not fussed if she stays or goes. The only thing that makes me question her is her "honestly". I don't get why when ever someone calls her out on her rudeness or bitching people say "she's honest and will say it to your face which is refreshing". To me that just doesn't make sense. Being rude to someone's face is on the same level as being rude behind someone's back. I hope she ups her game cause I do believe she is a nice girl who is just finding it hard to cope looked up in that environment 24/7.

If anyone replies to this, I don't wanna here about how mikkayla is just as bad ect ect. I wasn't talking about mikkayla and I don't care about mikkayla (sorry its just whenever someone has a gripe with Tahan 8/10 times someone brings mikkayla in as a rebuttal)

I beg to differ, that is under no circumstances a bully. A bully is one who intimidates, coerce by physical use or force. She is direct and brutally honest yes.

If what i have seen from tahan in the big brother house, or what i can judge based off of the few minutes that big brother or channel 9 shows us, is what i call a bully. You can have your definition and so will i.
Tahan digs herself deeper and deeper into her own hole, she pushes herself further and further away from people. she has no one to blame but herself for her own misfortunes as she only seems to care about herself. she is a bully and there is no room in a house for such hurt and pain she inflicts on other people. there may not be any "physical pain or force" but Hearing some of the things that Tahan has said behind people's backs, has made me tear up and im disgusted, cause it hurts and she has no remorse nor empathy for what she says. I cannot imagine the pain that she inflicts on people through what people or she calls "brutual honesty". yes we all have the write to speak freely and that is what is most pure and special about being human, but what's even greater is control, tolerance and acceptance.
God forbid any of my children in the future have to ever go through or be spat at with such despiteful and hurtful words from what i call "a bully" directly or indirectly

I'm confused with Tahan. One minute she's laughing and making fun of people for crying and the next she's doing so herself. One minute she's saying things about people using their looks and other things are more important the next she's dressing to the nine's and trading on her looks to make herself feel better. She says she's honest, but sometimes 'honest' doesn't mean 'nasty'. Then she shows genuine concern for people and vulnerability and I find that endearing. She's probably the housemate I've been most up and down in how I feel about her.

I feel people are mixing up being honest with being mean. You don't have to say mean things to be honest. As for telling it like it is. Whose perspective is she using to tell it like it is?????

I've said it on another thread but it wasnt easy watching Tahan tonight. Oh well. She's in her own lane and the others are falling in line.

i thought maybe when they played back all that stuff about the sisters & mikkayla she may have been like 'oh fuck, yeah woops, bit far' because she did say on one live feed update (cant remember when it was sorry) that she did regret that whole imitating incident with mikkayla, so i naturally assumed when it was shown back to her she wouldnt laugh, that she would maybe hang her head and be like 'yeahhh... shit, that was bad.' but nope, nothing at all from her in that regards. bit disappointing

Back