Skip to main content

New Off Topic Thread ..... (Everyone: please be nice)

can i use this thread to comment on the tv shows or movies i'm watching or not? or is it better for me to just make another thread and call it non-live?
Live????Or not live?????
Whatever, it belongs in Couch talk
but then that wouldn't be a live commentary, would it?

And i got.....

6b6f7e6f-54e7-4079-81fa-d4574ff49bec.jpg

Surprising, even though I guess some of the maths, go by instinct, as I am too lazy to think it through
I seem to have a talent for tests and puzzles, the answers just come from nowhere

posting live when i'm watching a dvd of a show. or is it because it's me i can't do that? double standards and all.

posting live when i'm watching a dvd of a show. or is it because it's me i can't do that? double standards and all.

WHAT?
I don't get what you mean, please explain.

Are you saying.....
I (reepbot), will put on a dvd and comment on it? Nothing else, and nobody else watching, is that what you mean?
So, say you put on an old episode of Murder She Wrote, and comment on that.

How could that take a thread? Won't it just equal one post?

And anyone can and does do that in the Couch thread.

@reepbot you are being cryptic, tell us what it is you mean

Do you want to talk about old stuff you watch?

yes, but i've gone off the idea. but i was confused when people are saying you can't make more than two posts in a row when people here do it all the time.

yes, but i've gone off the idea. but i was confused when people are saying you can't make more than two posts in a row when people here do it all the time.

There are a few issues here...

1. The show is technically not LIVE so 1 post is succinct to write your thoughts and commentary in.
2. With the unlimited amount of movies or TV shows that you can watch, it would be most likely spam.
3. You are just trying to build up your post count rather than doing it for the actual good.

Of the 3 issues, #3 would be the annoyance.

Yeah, well that is rubbish about telling you how to post - if you have a stream of thought and are in an appropriate place you need to express yourself.....

If you are watching something that no one else is watching (not just reepbot but anyone), why not just write it all in the reply box, but only hit "post reply" when the show is over? No one could complain that one post is spam, whatever show is being talked about.

Yeah, well that is rubbish about telling you how to post - if you have a stream of thought and are in an appropriate place you need to express yourself.....

Sorry but I disagree. Reepbot is well known to be the spambot of the forum. Always trying to boost his post count. There is no reason he can't gather his stream of thought and combine it into one post.

I kind of meant that @Affable , I mean one big post, followed by a couple in context
Basically it is how we post in the Doctor Who thread, people pop in with news items, we talk about episodes when screening - several posters write lenghty reviews.
And posters have done watch-old-episodes-reviews.

It does sound like you could just do a - I'm watching this in the Couch and do your commentary

Last edited:
I kind of meant that @Affable , I mean one big post, followed by a couple in context
Basically it is how we post in the Doctor Who thread, people pop in with news items, we talk about episodes when screening - several posters write lenghty reviews.
And posters have done watch-old-episodes-reviews.

It does sound like you could just do a - I'm watching this in the Couch and do your commentary

I apologize if you meant that. I read it a bit differently :p

Especially as the show is not live, it should be limited to that one post per episode.

Reactions: kxk
Sorry but I disagree. Reepbot is well known to be the spambot of the forum. Always trying to boost his post count. There is no reason he can't gather his stream of thought and combine it into one post.

i thought i was known as inigo's lapdog?

NOOOOO!!!!!

It's not that hard. If it's on free TV, post it in the Live thread, or the relevant thread, you know, like Survivor Australia that you posted in as you watched it, if you're watching a DVD (or something else) post it in the TV couch or whatever it's called thread.

Back