Skip to main content

Million Dollar Island

I haven't watched any of this, but as it turns out I used to work with Shannon, so her ftw

This is the best place to ask, am I being manipulated? In MKR in the first 15 minutes we know already who to love and who to dislike.
Now with Brett, is He so horrible or the show requires him say in his interviews those horrible things that make him the villain?

The four who went home kind of deserved it for not targeting Brett.

More completely baffling behaviour. As I've stated before, I don't think the bracelets actually matter to most of the people playing the game.

So this is down to two nights a week. One issue I have with Seven reality shows is that 90 mins is a big chunk of the evening. I do miss reality TV where every episode isn't the same formula. This would work better for me if it was a shorter episode with the challenge to win. The next night another one with the challenge to stay.

The four who went home kind of deserved it for not targeting Brett.
Unbelievably stupid. I just could not believe it.

I really dislike the quitting people who let some quivering person fighting to stay, leave, so they can give their pointless in the big picture bracelet to someone we've not even seen in the background.

I think it's gross just how awful people can be when it comes to money.
Yes, it's a game and all that, and you don't have to give up your rice for another tribe...
But no one is making you gloat about it, or be one of those hyenas in the background laughing as the dickhead says he hopes the other tribes all starve.

They make it fairly obvious who is likely to win the survival challenge by the amount of confessionals they get right before it....but have to admit I was pretty surprised Jack won that memory challenge.

There's a few younger fit people left who might fancy themselves to knock off Corey next week I think. He's the most vulnerable challenge wise of the 3 people with big money I think, Jonty and Brett both seem pretty decent at challenges so far.

I think it's gross just how awful people can be when it comes to money.
Yes, it's a game and all that, and you don't have to give up your rice for another tribe...
But no one is making you gloat about it, or be one of those hyenas in the background laughing as the dickhead says he hopes the other tribes all starve.
That is so true. I was also appalled by their behaviour

You guys would hate Outlast on Netflix. It's billed to be a team-based survival show like ALONE. Except there are camera crews filming it, so who knows how it actually works. It has some pretty appalling behaviour by one of the teams that isn't in the vein of friendly competition.

One team goes and sabotages another team's camp. Destroying stuff. Stealing their sleeping bags etc.

Jayden made a stupid play with his choices but honestly Karla was such a self righteous twat over it. She didn't even get sent in and acted like he'd killed her dog or something. Hope she loses the final challenge before the final 3 since it seems obvious she's going right to the end

Chelsea is a beast in challenges.

Think Brett might struggle to get to the end, he'll be in every challenge unless he wins the wheel I think.

Still sticking with Tess for final 3. Not sure about the other two spots though.

Shame about Tess.

It's funny how there are still people in the top ten we haven't heard a peep out of, or not until tonight.
Hello beardy Jack Black-alike. Hello Simon. Hello some woman whose name I still don't know.

We have to wait a week until the finale? Really 7 lol.

Not a fan of that twist, essentially it meant that Brett, Jordan and Matty were automatically safe as Chelsea had to secure her spot in the final 3 by picking the lower bracelet holders. At this point in the game you want the big players to go up against each other. I did like Rachel's story though I guess.

Well I was wrong about Tess lol. The editing is definitely 'interesting' for this show. You've got 5 of the 7 people left who essentially were extras for the first half of the show, not sure I've ever seen that before on a reality show. So with that said...I have no idea who the other 2 will be, because the storytelling has mostly been about building people up and then sending them home.

It was a very strange and unsatisfying way to end the show.
Regardless of your opinions on each contestant, putting it all down to a game of chance at the end is kind of like determining the winner of Survivor by drawing rocks.

Rachel voting for Brett is quite possibly one of the most random things I've ever seen on reality tv lol. Cost herself a big amount of money when she'd basically been assured that her two camp mates were voting her.

Brett losing was pretty funny, but statistically he was just unlucky. Chelsea quit too early IMO, she should have gotten at least 150K.

Million dollar island but they didn't even give 1/5 of a million away?

Brett annoyed me all the way through, but especially last night when the other contestants were praising him up. He's Matty's role model??? He's so lovely and selfless???? He even bullshitted about himself, claiming to have played the game with honesty and integrity.
From my perspective he played the game like a cocky egotist, and no amount of wanting to use the money towards building animal sanctuaries actually makes him any more likeable or worthy.

Imagine what went through their minds before they pretended to be excited to get... a guaranteed 10k! When the show said a share of a million dollars I thought they meant just that, not what eventuated. It was fun seeing how furious Brett was after he blew his money up.
Yes, I really thought the winners would share out a million dollars, like the girl in that bridge show did, where she had to decide if she gave anything to anyone else.

Back