Skip to main content

Is Priya over-rated?

Is Priya over-rated?

• Yes

Votes: 59 84.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters
Wow so nowadays you can't even mention someone's nationality/background as part of humorous playful barb without being slandered for 'racism'. PC gone mad. :hungover:

Pray-tell how calling Priya 'Indian' was meant in a derogatory sense in this instance? I honestly want to understand where my supposed bigotry lies in my remarks.

I repeat I would've said the same thing had it being Marian (naughty Russian girl/spy) instead of Priya who I was taking the piss out of. :thumbsup:

Priya is being treated (as humorous satire) as some sort of 'deity' by her stans in this forum. And given that in Indian culture ethnicity is very much intrinsically tied to their religions I saw no malice in including it in my piss take (a naugthy Indian girl pretending to be a genuine Indian deity when she's nothing of the sort alluding back to Life of Brian). Again I'm struggling to see where the bigotry lies in my comments. *shrugs*

The patriarchy really doing the most

e16e.gif

I think a lot of people are over Priya. Her calculating & manipulative ways were cool to watch for a while but they're getting a bit old now. We're yet to see anything 'real' come from this girl. She told that 1 story of some guy that liked her but she put him in the friend zone & invited him to her wedding (awkward), apart from that she hasn't said or done anything noteworthy. When has she opened up & given a strong opinion that differs from the majority on something? Even when her & Katie dropped that bombshell that their $20k was coming off of the kitty she let Katie do all the talking & walked away. She is exactly like Jason (fence sitter) and therefore her time is coming!

Is the slow mo delivery meant to add weight and gravitas to her words thus perpetuating the highly intelligent persona she wants to portray or is that a normal speech pattern for her?
Yeah you wouldn't want her instructing you in a first ever parachute jump... I don't know if the slow speech is deliberate but in combination with her preference for saying "at this point in time" rather than simply "now", it sounds a tad pretentious. But maybe she just does her thinking between syllables?

Yeah you wouldn't want her instructing you in a first ever parachute jump... I don't know if the slow speech is deliberate but in combination with her preference for saying "at this point in time" rather than simply "now", it sounds a tad pretentious. But maybe she just does her thinking between syllables?

lol.gif

And @Connoisseur I totally agree with you. The world has gone PC mad.nooo.gif

Is Priya overrated? Yes. That doesn't mean she isn't a good housemate though! She is a very smart player and she has played it very safe thus far. I think she has had an end game planned from before she even entered and I hope she makes it to the end so I can see what it is because I think it will be interesting.

Hi, I'm a first time poster but I've been lurking around on here a bit this season.....until now, because I just HAD to post this:
Am I the only person who realises that Priya should have been aiming for LESS nominated housemates, rather than more?! It is vote to SAVE, not vote to evict! How the shit does it help her when the public has more people to choose from in voting to save?! For example, why would she give points to Skye and David, hoping they will move into the 'red zone', when that only means she will be competing against them? Surely she should realise that they will be stealing some of the viewers' votes which otherwise may have gone to her....??

I've been thinking for a while that she acts like a know-it-all wayyyy more than is warranted by her words and actions...I personally find her extremely annoying and fake, what with all her scheming skillz she thinks she possesses...
Hi! That's good logic if the number of votes available is static. But it's not. The only way to avoid eviction is to ensure that the eviction pool includes one or two HMs less likely to receive save votes than you. So it makes sense to expand the pool. Unless you drag an HM into the pool who is liked by the same type of person who likes you, in which case the voter is going to have to work out whether to save you or their other favourite. A dynamic problem, and I think Priya did well given the lack of information available

On a sidenote, given that many on the forum have been referring to Priya as a deity, have founded a new religion and given her a halo, I think it's awesome when someone asks if she's possibly been overrated:).

I don't really think she's over rated, she's smart, strategic, get's involved in conversation and loves to taddle tale, holy shit does she spill the beans, i don't think Priya has any beans left really. I don't think she's funny though, i don't think there's a funny bone in her body, she's like a comedy destroyer, she's the type of person that once a joke has been made by someone and the group laughs and is about to move on, she stops everyone to explain the joke while everyone think "yeah...thanks". She's also a joke/fun spoiler too, not only does she tell a prankee about an upcoming prank but that whole Travis reintroduction when Lawson was talking about who it could be and Priya's there screaming "It's Travis! It's Travis! I know it's Travis!"

I like Priya and if she happens to win, I would not be upset at all. She is strategic and has a good read on people. She has a good heart and is trying to play the game as best as she can, but to watch her for entertainment purposes, I find her boring.

I don't really think she's over rated, she's smart, strategic, get's involved in conversation and loves to taddle tale, holy shit does she spill the beans, i don't think Priya has any beans left really. I don't think she's funny though, i don't think there's a funny bone in her body, she's like a comedy destroyer, she's the type of person that once a joke has been made by someone and the group laughs and is about to move on, she stops everyone to explain the joke while everyone think "yeah...thanks". She's also a joke/fun spoiler too, not only does she tell a prankee about an upcoming prank but that whole Travis reintroduction when Lawson was talking about who it could be and Priya's there screaming "It's Travis! It's Travis! I know it's Travis!"

I can almost bet that Piyas following are Mikaylas old following from last year. The most boring, non funny banter i have ever heard. I guess her fake kindness is the appeal.

Agreed - yet she's trying to get into standup comedy!?! Even semi-intelligent people can delude themselves into thinking they're good at something when they're not.

Hi, I'm a first time poster but I've been lurking around on here a bit this season.....until now, because I just HAD to post this:
Am I the only person who realises that Priya should have been aiming for LESS nominated housemates, rather than more?! It is vote to SAVE, not vote to evict! How the shit does it help her when the public has more people to choose from in voting to save?! For example, why would she give points to Skye and David, hoping they will move into the 'red zone', when that only means she will be competing against them? Surely she should realise that they will be stealing some of the viewers' votes which otherwise may have gone to her....??

I've been thinking for a while that she acts like a know-it-all wayyyy more than is warranted by her words and actions...I personally find her extremely annoying and fake, what with all her scheming skillz she thinks she possesses...
+100! Please, lurk no more.

Hi! That's good logic if the number of votes available is static. But it's not. The only way to avoid eviction is to ensure that the eviction pool includes one or two HMs less likely to receive save votes than you. So it makes sense to expand the pool. Unless you drag an HM into the pool who is liked by the same type of person who likes you, in which case the voter is going to have to work out whether to save you or their other favourite. A dynamic problem, and I think Priya did well given the lack of information available

True, but it doesn't make sense that Priya will receive extra votes from viewers simply because there are extra people in the 'nominated pool' who are less likely to receive save votes than her... I think that the number of votes available is static enough that competing against Skye and David is not going to help her much... maybe Marina is more likely to receive the least votes, but it just so happens that I think she is the probably the most similar person to Priya in the house... who knows! But you are right, it is definitely a dynamic problem and I can understand your view of it. Unfortunately, a lot of people think that her nomination power play made her look smarter, so that in itself might earn her extra viewer votes...

+100! Please, lurk no more.

Haha, thank you! You'll never get rid of me now...

Back