Skip to main content

Is Priya over-rated?

Is Priya over-rated?

• Yes

Votes: 59 84.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters
She is that unhappy medium of being both manipulative whilst not being very good at it. She's as transparent as a sheet of glad wrap. Whilst I acknowledge the truth in an earlier post "the best of a bad bunch", thats akin to being the prisoner in maximum security with the fewest convictions.
I won't cry if she wins - she's more deserving than Reggie, Trevor, Jamie or Terri for example. But I won't help propagate the myth shes some sort of deity. She's a female version of Jason.

So DEVALUED by the male patriarchy is Priyanka that her VERY BEING is supposedly a VERSION of a MALE!

Stay strong, Priyanka

giphy.gif

Hi, I'm a first time poster but I've been lurking around on here a bit this season.....until now, because I just HAD to post this:
Am I the only person who realises that Priya should have been aiming for LESS nominated housemates, rather than more?! It is vote to SAVE, not vote to evict! How the shit does it help her when the public has more people to choose from in voting to save?! For example, why would she give points to Skye and David, hoping they will move into the 'red zone', when that only means she will be competing against them? Surely she should realise that they will be stealing some of the viewers' votes which otherwise may have gone to her....??

I've been thinking for a while that she acts like a know-it-all wayyyy more than is warranted by her words and actions...I personally find her extremely annoying and fake, what with all her scheming skillz she thinks she possesses...

Hi, I'm a first time poster but I've been lurking around on here a bit this season.....until now, because I just HAD to post this:
Am I the only person who realises that Priya should have been aiming for LESS nominated housemates, rather than more?! It is vote to SAVE, not vote to evict! How the shit does it help her when the public has more people to choose from in voting to save?! For example, why would she give points to Skye and David, hoping they will move into the 'red zone', when that only means she will be competing against them? Surely she should realise that they will be stealing some of the viewers' votes which otherwise may have gone to her....??

I've been thinking for a while that she acts like a know-it-all wayyyy more than is warranted by her words and actions...I personally find her extremely annoying and fake, what with all her scheming skillz she thinks she possesses...
I think the vote to save idea has confused some voters and possibly some hm's. Yes, having more people in the red zone (I am seeing shades of Flying High when I see those words) does take votes away from her but as she said, she feels safer being one of seven as opposed to one of six or five.

In an eviction process that was so horrible, Priya did a kind and noble thing to stand behind Gemma as a sign of support. It remained a kind gesture until she had to let the Housemates and audience know all about how kind it was.

I'm sure Gemma, watching at home, was thrilled to know she'd received a pity vote.

Aside from that (and the speaking in slow motion thing), she's ok. I don't dislike her but she doesn't keep my interest in the show.

I don't think she understood how to use the 12 points effectively. First off, she didn't realise she had the most nomination points and was in the red zone. If she has ever seen an episode of BBAU this has not essentially changed ever. If she wanted Lawson out, she should had found out where he was early on, not just assumed the other hm would have all given him some points. Her "strategy" seemed to change with each point she gave. Had she been a bit more consistent and not made assumptions, she may have achieved a better result for herself. She could not have saved herself, but could have put herself a lot further down the list.

She also got the shock of her life to find out she was top of the list, first HOH to be up for eviction. I think we will see a very caring, sympathetic Priya this week. Showing the public that the hm were wrong to nominate her. Helps Jason has gone so they can't show gossip sessions.

In an eviction process that was so horrible, Priya did a kind and noble thing to stand behind Gemma as a sign of support. It remained a kind gesture until she had to let the Housemates and audience know all about how kind it was.

I'm sure Gemma, watching at home, was thrilled to know she'd received a pity vote.

Aside from that (and the speaking in slow motion thing), she's ok. I don't dislike her but she doesn't keep my interest in the show.
Is the slow mo delivery meant to add weight and gravitas to her words thus perpetuating the highly intelligent persona she wants to portray or is that a normal speech pattern for her? As for Gemma, that was the most soul destroying eviction process I've ever seen. I was a bit shocked to see her stuff up the nominations. Not a good use of points. Find out where your main competition is and go from there. Not helped at all by the realisation that she couldn't help her own cause. Wasn't Cat up for eviction when she was HoH?

It's news to me that simply pointing out someone's background is in and of itself 'bigoted', first I've heard of it particularly when there was no malice insinuated. :angelic:

If you mention it, and it has no relevance to what you are discussing, it is considered bigoted.

I don't think she understood how to use the 12 points effectively. First off, she didn't realise she had the most nomination points and was in the red zone. If she has ever seen an episode of BBAU this has not essentially changed ever. If she wanted Lawson out, she should had found out where he was early on, not just assumed the other hm would have all given him some points. Her "strategy" seemed to change with each point she gave. Had she been a bit more consistent and not made assumptions, she may have achieved a better result for herself. She could not have saved herself, but could have put herself a lot further down the list.

She also got the shock of her life to find out she was top of the list, first HOH to be up for eviction. I think we will see a very caring, sympathetic Priya this week. Showing the public that the hm were wrong to nominate her. Helps Jason has gone so they can't show gossip sessions.
No she couldn't have put herself "a lot further down the list". Do they teach math anymore in school?!

This was the red zone when she walked in:

Priya 9
Leo 8
Travis 6
Cat 5
Marina 4
Skye 4

Explain to me how she could've dropped herself "a lot further down" considering she'd have 11 points after using 1 on her own name.

I don't think Priya is very liked outside of these forums.

She has a very passionate bunch of people stanning for her all over Twitter. I'm not sure if it's a lot of people though or more the same people tweeting over and over again.

For the record I like Priya. I'm not a stan or a follower of Priastinity or whatever it's called but she's probably my 3rd/4th favourite. I don't know how anyone can say she screwed up her super power though. She might have stuffed up initially by giving Travis points to try and move herself down but the moment she realised it wasn't working she did the next best thing.

Last edited:
I don't think Priya is very liked outside of these forums.
I think you may be right. My sisters watch the show, and don't understand why I like Priya. My sister in law too, she thinks Priya sounds like a snob. Mind you they think Layla was the best shit ever. But sadly comments I've seen on fb and from other people I know watching bb, suggest they too don't like Priya :(

Is Priya over-rated???

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

No. She is not. But every time I see the two "yes" options I smile. Good times, @pawlini!

Priya's only obvious flaws to me are omissions. She really needs to pop on some papier poudre before her diary room chats. But she's not to know about the lighting in there. And compared to the crimes against makeup of Skye's lurid lip paste and ten tonnes of wrongly toned spackle, and all those freaking false eyelashes and the tremulous liner on Cat, etc, this oversight only makes her more human, cosy, and loveable.

Is Priya over-rated???

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

No. She is not. But every time I see the two "yes" options I smile. Good times, @pawlini!

Priya's only obvious flaws to me are omissions. She really needs to pop on some papier poudre before her diary room chats. But she's not to know about the lighting in there. And compared to the crimes against makeup of Skye's lurid lip paste and ten tonnes of wrongly toned spackle, and all those freaking false eyelashes and the tremulous liner on Cat, etc, this oversight only makes her more human, cosy, and loveable.

YASSS, the PEOPLE'S DEITY.

Here come the Democratic People's Republic of Priya's propaganda posters :hilarious:

Sure sis xo

Not Priyanka having to fight racism AND sexism.

An uphill battle for the true winner of BB. What kind of MARTYR.

Wow so nowadays you can't even mention someone's nationality/background as part of humorous playful barb without being slandered for 'racism'. PC gone mad. :hungover:

Pray-tell how calling Priya 'Indian' was meant in a derogatory sense in this instance? I honestly want to understand where my supposed bigotry lies in my remarks.

I repeat I would've said the same thing had it being Marian (naughty Russian girl/spy) instead of Priya who I was taking the piss out of. :thumbsup:

If you mention it, and it has no relevance to what you are discussing, it is considered bigoted.
Priya is being treated (as humorous satire) as some sort of 'deity' by her stans in this forum. And given that in Indian culture ethnicity is very much intrinsically tied to their religions I saw no malice in including it in my piss take (a naugthy Indian girl pretending to be a genuine Indian deity when she's nothing of the sort alluding back to Life of Brian). Again I'm struggling to see where the bigotry lies in my comments. *shrugs*

Back