Skip to main content

"Intruders" is such a boring idea now

Or how about making the show more top heavy with contestants by not having any evictions for the first 5/6 week?

yeah, how obvious is that? with that much time, there'd be no excuse not to give them each some significant time on air.

or you go the other way, put in 7 HMs for two weeks and the second week each of the new HMs get a half hour dedicated to their time in the hosue (2 per day, 4 90-min daily shows), then you vote to save 5 of them. toss those 5 into the halfway house and throw in 7 new HMs.

two weeks of getting to know the new HMs, with minimal coverage of the 5 in halfway, with the same half hour specials in the second week, and vote to save 5... then expand the halfway house and stick all 10 in there... so that you can do it again.

after 6 weeks you have 15 HMs remaining out of 21... each group has had 2 weeks of primo air time, and group dynamics would be fractured, so that once they're all thrown into the "final" house, there's still plenty of getting to know yous and old allies/rivalries...

Or how about making the show more top heavy with contestants by not having any evictions for the first 5/6 week?

like that idea , lots and lots of housemates and after 6 weeks evict them 3 at a time.at least we get to know them.

like that idea , lots and lots of housemates and after 6 weeks evict them 3 at a time.at least we get to know them.

ooo - even better! put them into groups and evict one from each group. use some kind of random seeding to ensure that it's not predictable. nice

There's a big difference between saying intruders are boring and that intruders are boring just being in the house for 3 days (or whatever it is). The second point is more correct.

There's a reason they have intruders as opposed to short term guest - an intruder means an extra week of evictions which means an extra week of people paying money to save their favourite in place of the intruder.

It's not even that the intruders are lame (which they almost always are), but the producers of this version haven't done anything even remotely original with how they introduce them. Remember how in the first two seasons it was an actual event? Why can't we get a situation like BBUK's Secret Garden or House Next Door twists? Anything to make it more exciting than just "okay, in you go".

And when they introduce them now it's always with the showmance aspect in mind. Remember last year when they showed Sam pictures of the female HMs, and this year they made it like that as well. It's just pandering to the same people obsessed by Jade and Drew.

I always reckon..when the intruders go in. The original HM's bound amongst themselves even closer.

I would love a series with none, even just for one series. The best way they've done intruders was in series 2 when they were locked away on a farm right from the start and we were given little updates every so often and they got to bond with each other before going into the main house. I'm not a fan of the revolving door style they had in the last few years on Channel 10, and that's what this year's is reminding me of, with the latecomers, then two staggered lots of intruders and two special evictions. If you have to have intruders, then just have one group, put them in early and put them in all at once.

Intruders shouldve been like justynn but the public here dont like his intentions even though its great viewing.. thats why I love BBUK, because they vote for the entertainment and appreciate a villian

Its a complete and total waste putting anyone in this late. They cannot win, they cannot make any dent into an already well established clique of people, they are seen as irritants underneath it all by the "real" housemates, and are treated exactly as their names suggests... as intruders. No point to them at all.

Its a complete and total waste putting anyone in this late. They cannot win, they cannot make any dent into an already well established clique of people, they are seen as irritants underneath it all by the "real" housemates, and are treated exactly as their names suggests... as intruders. No point to them at all.

This. They cant grow a fanbase against the originals fast enough..

Intruders have now killed this series for me - I've stopped watching (though I was conned by the "new nominations" promo and now discover it's a repeat of the shredder power).

One thing I was quite enjoying over the last couple of weeks was that the numbers were getting down and it was quite nice to have the prospect of 8 and fewer HMs over the coming weeks and the nominations getting interesting as the numbers dwindled. Now Intruders have been put in making easy targets, when they've not got immunity of course. There is no way intruders should get a guaranteed three week stint.

Also what's the point of Intruders when they stick them in just for three days, hardly show them and chuck one out at the weekend and pretend they never existed.

I also feel like having intruders is getting old and annoying... I would much rather have temporary 'house guests' who are playing their own mini game. Half way through the series, put in four house guests and tell the housemates that they are intruders. The house guests stay for two weeks, in the first week they get to know the housemates and then the next week only the house guests nominate (The housemates won't know this beforehand and probably wouldn't put in any effort to really get to know them in the first week since they probably think that the "intruders" will be exempt from nominations the following week.) Once the nominations have been finalised, each of the house guests is assigned one nominee by big brother, and the following week it is up to them to try and get their assigned nominee evicted by stirring up the pot, purposely causing conflicts with them etc. House guests will leave the house at the following eviction along with the evicted housemate and the house guest who managed to get their nominee evicted would win $10,000 or something like that.

I know my idea is really complex and obviously there are things that need to be tweaked etc, but I think an idea like this would mean fresh faces in the house, it would really play with the housemates minds when it is revealed that they weren't intruders but house guests playing their own game all along and it would also make for good viewing since the house guests would need to try hard to stir up the plot and cause drama in order to win their $10,000.

Anyway, just an idea that occurred to me tonight after reading this forum!

I also feel like having intruders is getting old and annoying... I would much rather have temporary 'house guests' who are playing their own mini game. Half way through the series, put in four house guests and tell the housemates that they are intruders. The house guests stay for two weeks, in the first week they get to know the housemates and then the next week only the house guests nominate (The housemates won't know this beforehand and probably wouldn't put in any effort to really get to know them in the first week since they probably think that the "intruders" will be exempt from nominations the following week.) Once the nominations have been finalised, each of the house guests is assigned one nominee by big brother, and the following week it is up to them to try and get their assigned nominee evicted by stirring up the pot, purposely causing conflicts with them etc. House guests will leave the house at the following eviction along with the evicted housemate and the house guest who managed to get their nominee evicted would win $10,000 or something like that.

I know my idea is really complex and obviously there are things that need to be tweaked etc, but I think an idea like this would mean fresh faces in the house, it would really play with the housemates minds when it is revealed that they weren't intruders but house guests playing their own game all along and it would also make for good viewing since the house guests would need to try hard to stir up the plot and cause drama in order to win their $10,000.

Anyway, just an idea that occurred to me tonight after reading this forum!

I like it

There wasn't going to be intruders and I posted this quiet regularly in the "when will intruders arrive" thread.

It's was only after the series got extended that it was decided to put intruders in.

Most user were screaming for intruders, now they are saying they don't want them.

It's too later after they have been put in.

Intruders shouldve been like justynn but the public here dont like his intentions even though its great viewing.. thats why I love BBUK, because they vote for the entertainment and appreciate a villian

total bollocks. we loved justout's intentions, it was his execution that put everyone offside. he wasn't a villain, just a dick.

There wasn't going to be intruders and I posted this quiet regularly in the "when will intruders arrive" thread.

It's was only after the series got extended that it was decided to put intruders in.

Most user were screaming for intruders, now they are saying they don't want them.

Speculating about when intruders will enter is not exactly the same as wanting them.

I was wondering why they went in so late.

Back