Skip to main content

Gogglebox Australia

I wonder how many people will be googling Orlando's sausage after (or during) tonight's show
Saw the shadow of it. Impressed. Might have seen the real thing. Can't remember. Just had a look. Yep, it's out and proud. I wouldn't be embarrassed.

Last edited:
...I love the way the Goggleboxers dissect situations like this because most times they are so accurate with what they are saying about the Law etc... cheers.

...thanks everyone for tonight's Goggleboxing... (I so miss 'Celeb'... hurry up Masterchef)... it's been such fun as usual... cheers.

MasterChef will be the answer to TEN’s prayers if it can endure the pain -a lot of pain- for the next month. A week is a long time in television, as The Biggest Loser: Transformed has an anti-halo effect on the network, and means fewer viewers will see Masterchef promos. Shark Tank, Have You Been Paying Attention?, Common Sense and Offspring are all due between May and July, but I would tip later rather than sooner for those last two.
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/03/which-tv-shows-are-coming-next.html
(22 March)

Easter Sunday is 16 April, so sounds like MC starts 23 April @Mr Stickyfingers , goodnight all
(might start that live chat, BBB gogglebox type thread???whilst we wait for something to chat about?)

Katy was serenading her paddle-boarding beau all along. :tongue: Ooops.
(The words are a little bit funny considering the context...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the Australian Story episode I really disapprove of people coming into this country illegally and more so the people smugglers but surely there has to be some kind of exception granted for people who are escaping from horrific ordeals like this young lady. It is the people who are coming in from other countries and jumping the queue of geunine people that are just coming here for the Australian benefits and not escaping from any hardship back home that I have a problem with and should be tackled with.

Surely her case would be an exception. She is a genuine refugee. There needs to be a better system to assess people.

It is NOT ILLEGAL to enter the country and claim asylum.

Thank you.

It does piss me off when people think that arriving by boat is illegal.

More people overstay their visas who arrive by plane, than who arrive by boat.

Do people know that boats are still coming but are intercepted before they can arrive on Australian land.

True, but it is illegal to enter this country by illegally, bypassing procedures in place by this country, where the checks and balances are trying to be avoided.

Whether by boat or plane.

True, but it is illegal to enter this country by illegally, bypassing procedures in place by this country, where the checks and balances are trying to be avoided.

Whether by boat or plane.

Actually it's not.

Asylum seekers who enter Australia without a valid visa by boat or plane are not illegal. They are permitted to enter without prior authorisation because this right is protected by Article 31 of the 1951 Refugee Convention which recognises they have good cause for entering without a visa.

I can't provide the link because it opens up a pdf file.

It is NOT ILLEGAL to enter the country and claim asylum.

I'm sorry, I thought that it was because this seems to be the only reason (or what the government claims on the program though the Liberals are pretty harsh on Asylum Seekers) is why this young woman is being denied staying here because she entered Australia in one of those boats.

Actually it's not.

Asylum seekers who enter Australia without a valid visa by boat or plane are not illegal. They are permitted to enter without prior authorisation because this right is protected by Article 31 of the 1951 Refugee Convention which recognises they have good cause for entering without a visa.

I can't provide the link because it opens up a pdf file.

A loophole that has been abused for decades. The girl in the show had reason, most that have come by boat, or plane and "lost" their passports don't. The original boat people had reason, the more current ones do not. Yes, I am aware it sounds harsh, but not liking where you live, or wanting a better life is not a reason for asylum in another country.
*Not a Trump fan.

I'm sorry, I thought that it was because this seems to be the only reason (or what the government claims on the program though the Liberals are pretty harsh on Asylum Seekers) is why this young woman is being denied staying here because she entered Australia in one of those boats.

She is being denied because the threat didn't come from the government, it came from her family.

The governement are being arseholes & are going by the letter of the law.

She is being denied because the threat didn't come from the government, it came from her family.

The governement are being arseholes & are going by the letter of the law.
Problem is, so many liars have screwed things up for everyone else. Used to be, people were honest, now they're not. It's hard to tell who's being truthful and who isn't. I don't know the answer.
Good on Gogglebox, sparking conversation.

Back