Skip to main content

Doctor Who

I was picturing Beth Latimer from Broadchurch darting around the universe (she would soo go back in time and rescue her son, but that's another story)

LOL. They could cast mopey Mark Latimer as her companion (I like that actor and would be quite happy with that actually).

Great post nutmeg, good to focus on the positive.

I didn't want a female doctor.....but then I heard little girls wishing to be the Doctor.....and well, that is a good thing, and being told the Doctor is a boy....and they looked puzzled and still wishing....why not???
So I was more open to this, but I find the actress underwhelming.....but I hope for an amazing storyline, and that story means she has to be young, and she will be vibrant & magical.
Yeah, there's some totally adorable clips around, like the little girl at the bottom of this article - she looks so happy. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-...hittaker-shouldnt-be-a-shock-for-fans/8715734
Now that it has happened I actually wish there was a female Doctor in my childhood. The Romanas were good, but they weren't the Doctor.

It is genuinely sad that it is damaging some treasured childhood memories for many, like Mr Sticky's little 10 year old self who still eagerly tunes in with him to watch DW, which is incredibly sweet. But on the flip side, it is creating a whole heap of new treasured memories for a new generation, which is pretty cool too.

Hopefully in time we can all find the right balance between what was and what is. Which can only happen if they nail this regeneration, so fingers crossed.

And if they don't nail it, there's always the next regeneration, lol.

I'm very curious to see how it all works out, she's a good actress too.
And I didn't like Capaldi at all in the role.

I'm very curious to see how it all works out, she's a good actress too.
And I didn't like Capaldi at all in the role.
The curiosity factor will likely drive the ratings up at the start, viewers will tune in in droves, probably even the ones who are saying they won't watch, lol. So the team just needs to make it good enough to keep those viewers. Go Jodie and Chris!!!

I just came here to post the DW Helpline video above, it's pretty funny, especially the Simpsons bit.

That said, there's some pretty insulting news commentary out there for people who aren't happy about the Jodie Doctor. People are entitled to not like it without being branded as sexist. It's turning a bit ugly. This is going to be a wild ride, in many ways.

Crackpot tinfoil conspiracy time: The BBC, afraid of losing that all important SJW Tumblr crowd, pressured both Steven "Glad that Trump exists" Moffat and Peter "Too old to be in GIFs" Capaldi to resign from Doctor Who so that they could bring in a woman Doctor and appease that demographic.

Little knowing that a SJW Tumblr is never happy....

The feminist in me is conflicted, because this is one of those times where I am dubious about a female stepping into the role. And I think one of the reasons is because of things like the ad above. It makes it feel like it was about being tokenistic and making a statement rather than we picked the best actor for the part and she just happened to be female.

I just came here to post the DW Helpline video above, it's pretty funny, especially the Simpsons bit.

That said, there's some pretty insulting news commentary out there for people who aren't happy about the Jodie Doctor. People are entitled to not like it without being branded as sexist. It's turning a bit ugly. This is going to be a wild ride, in many ways.

...sadly this is what happens when you protest against something that you don't agree with in some circumstances nutmeg... I am not and never will be a sexist in my lifetime but I just don't believe that The Doctor should've been a female that's all... sexism has nothing to do with it for me... as I've said before... my hero has been a man from the first time that I watched the first Live episode as a 10 year old kid so my brain just does not accept The Doctor as being female that's all... I'm all for the show to change and experiment but there are limitations... this being one of them... I embraced it when The Master became Missy... what a brilliant move that it was... but the same with The Doctor?... nope!... I just do not like it and won't accept it and that's it... I will still watch and love the show regardless because it is Doctor Who after all isn't it?... I even still watched it when Colin Baker completely killed the charisma of The Doctor with his piss poor take on the role so if I can survive that I can survive this...

...Jodie Whittaker's Doctor may eventually turn out to be the best Doctor ever in the long run and good luck to her to make it work but for me?... I still won't be satisfied that The Doctor is a woman... it just isn't going to feel right with me regardless... I just know it... as my tagline says I'm "an old fart that rants at times"... perhaps it's my 'old fartiness' that refuses to accept this?... who knows?... either way... I reserve the right not to be happy with this ridiculous turn of events and that's that in my mind's eye... I just hope for our beloved show's sake that this change works that's all... cheers.

The feminist in me is conflicted, because this is one of those times where I am dubious about a female stepping into the role. And I think one of the reasons is because of things like the ad above. It makes it feel like it was about being tokenistic and making a statement rather than we picked the best actor for the part and she just happened to be female.

As a feminist i'm conflicted too.

...sadly this is what happens when you protest against something that you don't agree with in some circumstances nutmeg... I am not and never will be a sexist in my lifetime but I just don't believe that The Doctor should've been a female that's all... sexism has nothing to do with it for me... as I've said before... my hero has been a man from the first time that I watched the first Live episode as a 10 year old kid so my brain just does not accept The Doctor as being female that's all... I'm all for the show to change and experiment but there are limitations... this being one of them... I embraced it when The Master became Missy... what a brilliant move that it was... but the same with The Doctor?... nope!... I just do not like it and won't accept it and that's it... I will still watch and love the show regardless because it is Doctor Who after all isn't it?... I even still watched it when Colin Baker completely killed the charisma of The Doctor with his piss poor take on the role so if I can survive that I can survive this...

...Jodie Whittaker's Doctor may eventually turn out to be the best Doctor ever in the long run and good luck to her to make it work but for me?... I still won't be satisfied that The Doctor is a woman... it just isn't going to feel right with me regardless... I just know it... as my tagline says I'm "an old fart that rants at times"... perhaps it's my 'old fartiness' that refuses to accept this?... who knows?... either way... I reserve the right not to be happy with this ridiculous turn of events and that's that in my mind's eye... I just hope for our beloved show's sake that this change works that's all... cheers.

I'd never even realized before that the Doctor not being a woman was such a big issue. But apparently to some sections of the Internet community it was.

I'd never even realized before that the Doctor not being a woman was such a big issue. But apparently to some sections of the Internet community it was.

...I feel more sorry for the 'gingers' of this world reepbot... they still haven't been represented yet... so obviously Moffatt and Chibnall are 'anti-gingerists' too... just saying... cheers.

And now......the questions.....
Can she have babies?
What can she mate with?
Baby time lords - she could mate with Capt Jack and have super kids

How do time ladies........well fertility questions, cycles and stuff like that????

And, because we females are the STRONGER SEX.....what other new stuff will a female bring...????
(Stronger sex is based on science, I have an article points all of the physical stuff females are superior with, pain, infection and other things, better hearts etc, will find it)

Women strong because of XX chromosome while men have XY :)

426566E400000578-4701252-She_will_be_the_Thirteenth_Time_Lord_and_take_over_from_Peter_Ca-a-40_1500229959164.jpg

Yes...I also fall in love with every incarnation of Doctor Who...I will try my best to fall in love with her as well :)

....And that is one of the best hooded coats I have seen in a long, long time...Bring on the FASHION!!![DOUBLEPOST=1500300735][/DOUBLEPOST]
...haha!... why have two chromosomes exactly the same Medusa?... at least we have two different chromosomes for diversity lol!... cheers.

Yes, you do Mr Sticky...that is what gives you your "tackle" :)

Reactions: kxk
....And that is one of the best hooded coats I have seen in a long, long time...Bring on the FASHION!!![DOUBLEPOST=1500300735][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yes, you do Mr Sticky...that is what gives you your "tackle" :)

...haha!... thank god for that lol!... not to brag but my 'X and Y' chromosomes must have been huge!... (joke) ;):thumbsup::biggrin:... cheers.

Back