Skip to main content

Doctor Who

What a great Easter gift, new Doctor Who, and lots of time to watch it again, and again, and again:)
Should there be chocolate Doctors and TARDIS for sale?
Moon Eggs!

I wish I had a Foodworks nearby. Apparently they have promotional DW toys at the moment.
17629821_10155943826937786_3347606074344265185_n.jpg

Holy moly, I have never even heard of Foodworks, just looked them up and we do have a couple near us....wonder do they all have these???
I will investigate.....if they are any good and cheap and easily attained, well I will report back

...I received this email today from the Doctor Who website from the BBC website that I subscribe to... I'm so excited about this... I can't wait... cheers.

newsletter_banner_trans.png

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Fantastic adventures and terrifying monsters await when Doctor Who returns to the ABC on Sunday night. This brand new series will see Peter Capaldi embark on his thrilling final chapter as the Twelfth Doctor as well as the introduction of brand new companion Pearl Mackie as Bill Potts and the return of Matt Lucas as Nardole. Tune in at 7.40pm on ABC, or watch it first on ABC iview straight after the UK.

Then, Sunday nights are about to get a whole lot more galactic as Rove McManus and his team of superfans present a brand new half hour panel show to dissect, delve into and delight in the world of Doctor Who. Airing straight after the weekly premiere Doctor Who on ABC, Whovians will be filmed in front of a live studio audience, and air on Sundays at 8.30pm on ABC2 and ABC iview.
spacer.gif

5_WHOVIANS_TV_PP.jpg

Whovians
Next on: Sunday 16 Apr 2017, 8:30pm

Join the Doctor Who after party where superfans Rove McManus, Tegan Higginbotham, Adam Richard & Steven O'Donnell discuss the latest episodes, answer your questions and basically geek out about Doctor Who.
EPISODES
Episode 1 - 16/4/2017
LE1619H_460.jpg

Whovians
Series 1 | Episode 1
cc_black.png
Entertainment 28 mins
Rove McManus & his team of superfans dissect, delve into and delight in the world of Doctor Who. As well as unpacking the latest episodes, they'll analyse, critique & unravel the mysteries of this globally renowned series.

• Next on:Sunday 16 Apr 2017, 8:30pm
    icon_abc2_54.png
    abc2
  • Monday 17 Apr 2017, 11:55pm (Repeat)
    icon_abc2_54.png
    abc2
  • Monday 17 Apr 2017, 11:55pm (Repeat)
    icon_abc2_54.png
    abc2
  • Monday 17 Apr 2017, 4:30pm (Repeat)
    icon_abc1_54.png

...you can see Rove's promo video for his show on this link below...

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/w...aign=AUS_DOCTOR_WHO_POTD_PROMO_EMAIL_11042017

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Hey Sydney Whovians, something is happening in your town tomorrow at 10am?????

@Mr Stickyfingers ...and anyone else up there in NSW

BBC
Cracks are emerging in Sydney’s Circular Quay! Join us for a special event this Thursday morning at 10am. #TimeForHeroesAU

Investigated & This...

If you can get to Circular Quay between 10am and 2pm tomorrow, you'll catch a "mind-bending" 3D illusion with some of the scariest monsters the Doctor Who series has ever seen, peering out from a deep chasm in the ground. Good morning!

It's being set up by BBC Worldwide to celebrate the debut of Doctor Who series 10 on ABC and iview on 16 April, and is created by artists 3D Joe and Max.

You'll be able to find it on the forecourt at Circular Quay, just down from the Dendy Cinema near the Portobello Café. The artwork features some of the terrifying monsters from the series within a deep chasm that has appeared on the ground.

Oh, and as a bonus, the first ten people to arrive, find BBC Whovian "Peta" and say "A Time for Heroes" will win tickets to see episode one on the big screen.

Doctor Who Series 10 will see Peter Capaldi embark on his final chapter as the Twelfth Doctor, as well as the introduction of brand new companion Pearl Mackie as Bill Potts - and the return of Matt Lucas as Nardole.

Read more at https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/04/...neys-circular-quay-today/#4JA5vJZPyhK70FhO.99

Lucky you - take pics if you go, Happy Easter to all:)

Hey Sydney Whovians, something is happening in your town tomorrow at 10am?????

@Mr Stickyfingers ...and anyone else up there in NSW

BBC
Cracks are emerging in Sydney’s Circular Quay! Join us for a special event this Thursday morning at 10am. #TimeForHeroesAU

Investigated & This...

If you can get to Circular Quay between 10am and 2pm tomorrow, you'll catch a "mind-bending" 3D illusion with some of the scariest monsters the Doctor Who series has ever seen, peering out from a deep chasm in the ground. Good morning!

It's being set up by BBC Worldwide to celebrate the debut of Doctor Who series 10 on ABC and iview on 16 April, and is created by artists 3D Joe and Max.

You'll be able to find it on the forecourt at Circular Quay, just down from the Dendy Cinema near the Portobello Café. The artwork features some of the terrifying monsters from the series within a deep chasm that has appeared on the ground.

Oh, and as a bonus, the first ten people to arrive, find BBC Whovian "Peta" and say "A Time for Heroes" will win tickets to see episode one on the big screen.

Doctor Who Series 10 will see Peter Capaldi embark on his final chapter as the Twelfth Doctor, as well as the introduction of brand new companion Pearl Mackie as Bill Potts - and the return of Matt Lucas as Nardole.

Read more at https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/04/...neys-circular-quay-today/#4JA5vJZPyhK70FhO.99

Lucky you - take pics if you go, Happy Easter to all:)

...aw nuts!... we'll be up the coast and I'll bloody miss it... bummer!... I'll have to 'Google' it like the rest of you to see it... thanks for letting us know though kxk... cheers.

What are some of the over-rated stories of Doctor Who? Both classic and new series. The ones that everyone loves but you find yourself not liking for whatever reason.

What are some of the over-rated stories of Doctor Who? Both classic and new series. The ones that everyone loves but you find yourself not liking for whatever reason.

I love them all. I love 'Fear Her' and "Love & Monsters' the least though. The former isn't loved by anybody, but the latter has a lot of support.

...sorry but this Abigail Chandler woman sounds like a whinging whining bitch to me... she was obviously desperate to fulfill a deadline and had nothing to produce except this twaddling inane drizzle that she's trying to palm off as a deep meaningful article... I have to argue that she even watches Doctor Who to be honest... in my humble opinion the show did itself a massive favour in putting Peter Capaldi into the drivers seat of The Tardis... he could even be classed as a saviour of a somewhat revamp of the series when he first took over the reins all of those years ago by bringing more 'stability' to the character of The Doctor after Matt Smith's 'flippy floppy' version of it as far as I'm concerned...

...he brought back the maturity and credibility of The Doctor that hearkened back to William Hartnell's original version of what The Doctor was supposed to be like all of those many years ago... it was refreshing to see that 'maturity' of the original character once again... this show isn't for those teenagers that are more interested in boyfriends and girlfriends in their lives than in the show... the show is for the young kids and adults that enjoy such great stories not just teenagers so there's no need to get yet another 'flippy floppy' Doctor to cater for those people when she said...

..."Now, with the popularity of YA films and an abundance of teen TV shows, a middle-aged, grey-haired adult may be less appealing to young audiences, even if he’s sporting sonic sunglasses and an electric guitar"...

...stuff the teenagers I say... there are hundreds of shows to cater for them already... why change Doctor Who to keep up with their tastes to 'refresh' it?... if it ain't broke then don't try to fix it comes to mind... true Doctor Who fans such as ourselves will continue to love this show with an avid passion even during some weak moments in storylines and schedules no matter what in my opinion at least... as I said... this flossheaded ditzy woman is not a true fan in my books... she had an urgent deadline to meet and proceeded to write such pathetic dross such as this... she needs to go away and watch repeats of 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' or something and just leave our show alone as far as I'm concerned!...

...what a stupid woman and what a piss poor article... people like this really get my feckles up at times!... rant over!... cheers.

I love them all. I love 'Fear Her' and "Love & Monsters' the least though. The former isn't loved by anybody, but the latter has a lot of support.

...I so agree about 'fear her'... that was the pits when that was shown...I reckon that David Tennant would've cringed when he first read the script and even more so when he had to act it out and probably refuses to ever watch it out of embarrassment... what were they thinking when they wrote that?... 'Love and Monsters?'... hahaha!... that episode still makes me giggle even today with that line about Elton and Ursula's 'sex life' after she was saved as a pavement tile lol!...

That article seems to blame Capaldi for any problems in the last series. Couldn't be more wrong!

...hear! hear! to this Meglos... I so totally agree with you on this... well said!... cheers.

@Mr Stickyfingers, such a shame you won't say what you really think :laugh:

...trust me when I say this Meglos... I took sooooooo much out of what I originally wrote lol!... I was so fuming about that moronic woman... as I said... she was no Doctor Who fan that's for sure... lol!... I'm alright now... I had a sip of Rum lol!... cheers.

my overrated doctor who story is the talons of weng-chiang. racist and boring. yet people still seem to rate it highly.

...sorry but this Abigail Chandler woman sounds like a whinging whining bitch to me... she was obviously desperate to fulfill a deadline and had nothing to produce except this twaddling inane drizzle that she's trying to palm off as a deep meaningful article... I have to argue that she even watches Doctor Who to be honest... in my humble opinion the show did itself a massive favour in putting Peter Capaldi into the drivers seat of The Tardis... he could even be classed as a saviour of a somewhat revamp of the series when he first took over the reins all of those years ago by bringing more 'stability' to the character of The Doctor after Matt Smith's 'flippy floppy' version of it as far as I'm concerned...

...he brought back the maturity and credibility of The Doctor that hearkened back to William Hartnell's original version of what The Doctor was supposed to be like all of those many years ago... it was refreshing to see that 'maturity' of the original character once again... this show isn't for those teenagers that are more interested in boyfriends and girlfriends in their lives than in the show... the show is for the young kids and adults that enjoy such great stories not just teenagers so there's no need to get yet another 'flippy floppy' Doctor to cater for those people when she said...

..."Now, with the popularity of YA films and an abundance of teen TV shows, a middle-aged, grey-haired adult may be less appealing to young audiences, even if he’s sporting sonic sunglasses and an electric guitar"...

...stuff the teenagers I say... there are hundreds of shows to cater for them already... why change Doctor Who to keep up with their tastes to 'refresh' it?... if it ain't broke then don't try to fix it comes to mind... true Doctor Who fans such as ourselves will continue to love this show with an avid passion even during some weak moments in storylines and schedules no matter what in my opinion at least... as I said... this flossheaded ditzy woman is not a true fan in my books... she had an urgent deadline to meet and proceeded to write such pathetic dross such as this... she needs to go away and watch repeats of 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' or something and just leave our show alone as far as I'm concerned!...

...what a stupid woman and what a piss poor article... people like this really get my feckles up at times!... rant over!... cheers.

she is an idiot. clearly not a long term fan of the show. she would have a fit if she ever saw a Hartnell episode. she probably switched on the tv one night when she was trying to work out which way the blinds go on her window and saw Matt Smith, as you so eloquently put it, being 'flippy floppy'. and so in her head the doctor has to be young and 'flippy floppy' like Smith.

my overrated doctor who story is the talons of weng-chiang. racist and boring. yet people still seem to rate it highly.

...you have a good point there about that story reepbot... it was quite racist wasn't it?... here is a snippet from the Toronto Star on 6th of November 1980...

TVO_Talons.JPG

...that pretty much summed up the episodes pretty thoroughly in my books lol!... add to that the shocking make-up to make the characters look Chinese on the day was simply shoddy and cringey to say the least... the last image speaks for itself lol!.. cheers.

doctorwho-thetalonsofwengchiang.jpg doctorwho-thetalonsofwengchiang14.jpgDr-Who-Talons-of-Weng-Chiang-780x350.png

I don't see Talons of Weng-Chiang as racist. Yes, the villains are for the most part Asian, but that is because they are a criminal Tong recruited by an (non-Asian) ALIEN. The story isn't saying all Asians are evil. Granted, it would have given more of a balance if there had been a sympathetic Asian character, perhaps one of the Tong turned "good" and helping the Doctor.

Casting a white man as Chang is regrettable in retrospect, but that's a production decision, it doesn't detract from an excellent story. It wasn't intentionally racist.

Boring? I find it extremely dramatic, but I guess that's a matter of opinion too. Tom Baker is still taking it seriously, Louise Jameson excels as Leela in an alien (to her) setting, and Jago & Litefoot are much-loved characters who have their own successful audio spin-offs.

Back