Skip to main content

Doctor Who

We're getting a fast tracked broadcast of the premiere on iview early Sunday morning, and then prime time replays at 7.40pm on ABC & ABC Me!! Also in cinemas for two days only!!!

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/03/returning-doctor-who-7.html

...that's absolutely brilliant news!... we once had early morning postings while the show was on... is anyone interested in chatting during it or just savouring the moment?... either is fine with me... just one thing though... while reading the blurb on it it mentions that...

Doctor Who: The Pilot is written and executive produced by Steven Moffat, executive produced by Brian Minchin, produced by Peter Bennett and directed by Lawrence Gough.

...what the hell has he have to do with it?... wasn't he supposed to have left already?... just curious that's all... thanks for the link inumeenu... cheers.

...that's absolutely brilliant news!... we once had early morning postings while the show was on... is anyone interested in chatting during it or just savouring the moment?... either is fine with me... just one thing though... while reading the blurb on it it mentions that...

Doctor Who: The Pilot is written and executive produced by Steven Moffat, executive produced by Brian Minchin, produced by Peter Bennett and directed by Lawrence Gough.

...what the hell has he have to do with it?... wasn't he supposed to have left already?... just curious that's all... thanks for the link inumeenu... cheers.

He's leaving after the new season, though I'm sure he'll still keep on writing episodes.

He's leaving after the new season, though I'm sure he'll still keep on writing episodes.

...**GROAN**... aw bummer!... I thought that he was gone after the last Christmas show for some reason... thanks for telling me Meglos... cheers.

...**GROAN**... aw bummer!... I thought that he was gone after the last Christmas show for some reason... thanks for telling me Meglos... cheers.

Sorry to break the bad news ;)
On the plus side, maybe when he's back to just writing, he'll come up with something brilliant again like 'Blink' or 'Silence In The Library'.

Sorry to break the bad news ;)
On the plus side, maybe when he's back to just writing, he'll come up with something brilliant again like 'Blink' or 'Silence In The Library'.

...true that Meglos... and 'Blink' is my all time favourite episode of Doctor Who... those Weeping Angels did actually give me the wibbly wobbly timey wimey heebee jeebee's lol!... that was so good!... every time that I see a statue I think of Doctor Who and that episode lol!... cheers.

Look at this - good/weird news

We are getting a new adjunct DW show, called Whovians maybe....panel discusses DW straight after the show,
good news:)

Bad news, the host = Rove, but he is a DW tragic like us, so maybe he can be ok

To the Tardis! Rove McManus to host Dr Who fan show on ABC after his 2Day FM breakfast radio gig was AXED due to poor ratings

The 43-year-old comedian will host a brand new Dr Who fan show, which will air live on ABC2 following each episode of season 10 airing, The Daily Telegraph reported this week.

Rove, a self-confessed Dr Who fan, will host a weekly 30 minute show called Whovians alongside comedians Adam Richard and Tegan Higginbotham.
The panel will go over the series, starring Peter Capaldi in his last season as Dr Who, after episodes have just aired on Sunday in from of a live audience.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4341508/Rove-McManus-host-Dr-fan-ABC.html#ixzz4cDWQRMqX

Look at this - good/weird news

We are getting a new adjunct DW show, called Whovians maybe....panel discusses DW straight after the show,
good news:)

Bad news, the host = Rove, but he is a DW tragic like us, so maybe he can be ok

To the Tardis! Rove McManus to host Dr Who fan show on ABC after his 2Day FM breakfast radio gig was AXED due to poor ratings

The 43-year-old comedian will host a brand new Dr Who fan show, which will air live on ABC2 following each episode of season 10 airing, The Daily Telegraph reported this week.

Rove, a self-confessed Dr Who fan, will host a weekly 30 minute show called Whovians alongside comedians Adam Richard and Tegan Higginbotham.
The panel will go over the series, starring Peter Capaldi in his last season as Dr Who, after episodes have just aired on Sunday in from of a live audience.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4341508/Rove-McManus-host-Dr-fan-ABC.html#ixzz4cDWQRMqX

I don't mind Rove.
On the other hand, the idea of that show doesn't really appeal to me.
A bunch of comedians or tv personalities discussing DW just isn't my thing, unless they had guests from the show, which seems doubtful.

I'll give the first episode a go though (but to be honest, after a new episode I'd rather come on here to discuss it than watch something else).

Is Adam Richard a fat gay guy? Yep, I like him
UplMd5d7.jpg

16388215_1402132589838890_2790642295676122775_n.jpg

1966830_714370065281816_1352715470_n.jpg

Have seen her around, can't recall what she is like.

...as soon as the episode of Doctor Who is aired I'll probably be on here talking about it as it happens methinks!... talking about Rove and co afterwards will probably just be a continuation of the episode talk mingled with what they are saying I'm guessing... I'm going to treat them as Doctor Who Goggleboxer's (for the first episode at least)... it could be us reviewing them reviewing Doctor Who I imagine lol!... it might even be a little bit of light-hearted fun eh?... that is of course if you guys and gals want to do it too... if not... stuff em!... we'll just continue to talk about the episode itself... I really don't see the point of starting a separate thread just to talk about a show that will probably only last a few episodes anyway so perhaps we should tack it on the end of our talk of all things Doctor Who maybe?... cheers.

Pearl Mackie's Bill Potts will be Doctor Who's first openly gay companion

"It's about time, isn't it?" said the Doctor Who newcomer who thinks it "shouldn't be a big deal in the 21st century"

New Doctor Who star Pearl Mackie will play the sci-fi series’ first openly gay companion, the actress has revealed.

"Yeah, Bill's gay. It shouldn't be a big deal in the 21st Century. It's about time isn't it?" Mackie, who will play Bill Potts in the new series, told the BBC.

"That representation is important, especially on a mainstream show."

Doctor Who has previously featured gay or bisexual characters like John Barrowman's Captain Jack Harkness, Neve McIntosh's Vastra and Alex Kingston's River Song, but Bill's sexuality will mark the first time the series' main companion has been depicted as gay.

According to the BBC Bill's sexuality will be referenced early on in her first episode, in the character's "second line of dialogue".

"It's important to say people are gay, people are black – there are also aliens in the world as well so watch out for them," Mackie continued.

"I remember watching TV as a young mixed race girl not seeing many people who looked like me, so I think being able to visually recognise yourself on screen is important."

"[Being gay] is not the main thing that defines her character – it's something that's part of her and something that she's very happy and very comfortable with."

Doctor Who returns to BBC1 on Saturday 15th April

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017...ill-be-doctor-whos-first-openly-gay-companion

...**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**...

...get a load of this trailer and in particular at the 46 second mark this image...

2017-04-02_20-23-00.jpg

...and from the 60's...

2017-04-02_20-24-30.jpg

...colour me fascinated fellow Whovians... cheers.

Back