Skip to main content

Big Brother US 2015: #BBTakeover premieres Jun 24th

OK, @Kingston, if you're so smart, then how would you patch the backdoor exploit (aside from having the entire house play for the POV)?

Unfortunatly without eliminating or replacing the veto altogether they can attempt to reduce it but backdooring is just something we'll have to live with... Unfortunately the PoV is just as much a part of BB as plotting and scheming is... And they are both here to stay...

I've said before that with BoB in play there really isn't a need for the veto... Once that ends it MUST be replaced with the veto...

Was the backdoor strategy not patched enough when they made the switch to randomly selected HGs competing in the POV? The backdoor was a much easier play back when the HoH and nominees picked the POV players.

Did you really just ask that? The backdoor is obviously still alive and well... It may not work quiet as well as it did when Nakomis impliented her "six finger plan" but it is still a frequent strategy...

Worse twist ever...

I raise you the Team America, Clique and Coaches twists.

Did you really just ask that? The backdoor is obviously still alive and well... It may not work quiet as well as it did when Nakomis impliented her "six finger plan" but it is still a frequent strategy...

Oh dear, do I need to use definitions with you again, Kingston?
"Patched" - ie. balanced.
The six finger plan showed that the POV structure at the time was broken and could be exploited to a huge extent. The change (patch) in the POV competitor selection process reduced the ability to implement the backdoor strategy to the point where it is still an implementable strategy, but not one so easily implementable that it breaks the game.

Reread my post, I think you'll realise I didn't "really just ask" what you assumed I asked.

I raise you the Team America, Clique and Coaches twists.

Oh dear, do I need to use definitions with you again, Kingston?
"Patched" - ie. balanced.
The six finger plan showed that the POV structure at the time was broken and could be exploited to a huge extent. The change (patch) in the POV competitor selection process reduced the ability to implement the backdoor strategy to the point where it is still an implementable strategy, but not one so easily implementable that it breaks the game.

Reread my post, I think you'll realise I didn't "really just ask" what you assumed I asked.

Understood... What I was trying to say was that said patch just really didn't work too well... The "backdoor" is just as exploited as it ever was... The chances of said target actually being able to play for the veto is still fairly small...

The "Gronk's random parties" thing was a fine "task", wouldn't you say? Maybe if the producers gave the house interesting tasks (Master and Servant, Hotel, Ignore the Obvious) it could keep their mind off the constant strategy talk.

The "Gronk's random parties" thing was a fine "task", wouldn't you say? Maybe if the producers gave the house interesting tasks (Master and Servant, Hotel, Ignore the Obvious) it could keep their mind off the constant strategy talk.
:/

They obviously don't talk strategy 24/7. American viewers would get bored watching anything else, other than the random bits and pieces we get occasionally, because they obviously weren't fans of the original Big Brother game back in 2000 - besides, it's way too late to start re-introducing any of those elements now.

What the hell are you talking about? Do you think about what you write befor you post things? The constant strategy talk is why fans watch the show... The moment they start messing with that is the moment fans start revolting...

What the hell are you talking about? Do you think about what you write before you post things? The constant strategy talk is why fans watch the show... The moment they start messing with that is the moment fans start revolting...

Understood... What I was trying to say was that said patch just really didn't work too well... The "backdoor" is just as exploited as it ever was... The chances of said target actually being able to play for the veto is still fairly small...

Right, unless they're one of Groedner's (sp?) faves, in which case you can bet they'll be in it and it'll be at least somewhat weighted in their favour.

seriously, though - in the same regard, its no longer as though an alliance of six can always have full representation in a veto comp - there is still the possibility that an opposer to the backdoor plan competes and prevents the backdoor from happening by refusing to use the veto.

I think the POV and backdoor strategy are pretty much linked to each other at this point. A change to the POV format would only see a change to the backdoor strategy.

Right, unless they're one of Groedner's (sp?) faves, in which case you can bet they'll be in it and it'll be at least somewhat weighted in their favour.

I don't believe the draw or anything else for that matter is really that rigged in anyone's favor... If Grodner and her cronies really wanted to swing something in someone's favor they'd just drop in a coup d'crap or reset... All the back door dealing goes on in the DR... HG's nowadays are coached to crap in the DR... If they really feel a need to "save" someone they'll just run through it enough times in the DR with the right people until they seem to think it's a great idea...

I think it would be interesting if they changed the Veto so that the replacement nominee MUST be one of the houseguests who took part in the competition who aren't already nominated or HoH should the veto be used. It makes the "Houseguest's Choice" chip much more valuable (it's almost always used to bring an alliance member in to compete (BORING!)), provides the opportunity for plans to be completely blown up and sending an unexpected HG out (making interesting TV) and drastically reduces of back-to-back weeks of boring backdooring.

All right. Here's a question I have actually thought about. Do any of the major networks Down Under pick up BBUS? If not, do one of the cable channels do? I was just wondering if you might be able to get it off Foxtel or something.

I doubt that would really change anything to be honest... It would just put the power in the hands of the veto holder... Meaning an HoH would likely just place a pawn up on the block more often than they actually do...

I think having the entire house play for the veto would actually play a bigger role in reducing the "backdoor" play than anything else would...

I mean look at BB 4... Which was the last time the veto was open to the entire house and it was used a total of 4 times throughout the series...
I agree - it's swung far too much the other way now where it's used every week and means most evictees don't get the chance to compete to save themselves. That would be the easiest fix - perhaps everyone but the HoH competing, or even everyone but the HoH and the nominees. OK, that way the nominees can't save themselves but at least it means the HoH has no reason not to nominate their true targets and it means for the nominees it's their social rather than physical game which is there to save them.

I do think though under the current rules they should at least not allow the two people who won the Battle of the Block, so are immune, to compete for Veto, along with the dethroned HoH.

I agree - it's swung far too much the other way now where it's used every week and means most evictees don't get the chance to compete to save themselves. That would be the easiest fix - perhaps everyone but the HoH competing, or even everyone but the HoH and the nominees. OK, that way the nominees can't save themselves but at least it means the HoH has no reason not to nominate their true targets and it means for the nominees it's their social rather than physical game which is there to save them.

I do think though under the current rules they should at least not allow the two people who won the Battle of the Block, so are immune, to compete for Veto, along with the dethroned HoH.

And these three people would have the possibility of being put up, then?

Actually, when I think about it, the BoB winners are immune from being put back up, so that would leave only one option. The dethroned HOH could potentially be backdoored.

Actually, when I think about it...

Haven't you proved enough times in the last week that you've got really bad luck when it comes to thinking? Maybe you should just forget about BB altogether and stick to something like finger painting... That seems to be a better fit for someone on your level...

Veto spoiler:
They finally got round to agreeing this will be the week they all want Audrey out, and rather shadily the entire house minus Audrey had a meeting about it when she was asleep, following which Audrey spent a lengthy period in the diary room before returning. The next morning she spent over 5 hours in the diary room, claiming she was suffering from psychotic episodes. Naturally they let her return to the house, but she was allowed to sit out the Veto meeting - although was nominated in her absense.

Back