Skip to main content

Big Brother US 2015: #BBTakeover premieres Jun 24th

It's also never in a HoH's interests to nominate someone everyone wants out the week you are immune.

More interestingly:
They've figured out the twins.

And the 7th call was answered by:
Da'vonne. Really hope she can use it to flip the vote.

I'm so shocked by both of these!

Well, I said I would put it up, and here it is.

Using the 2005-07 theme, probably the best one there is.
As great as the 2005-2007 theme is, it doesn't really fit with the style of the intro. I actually think the 2014 theme suits it better.

Also: Did anyone notice on this week's eviction episode, Julie didn't do her normal robotic 'Welcome... to BIG Brother!' at the start. She said it like a normal person for once.

Also, I meant to post this the other day but it randomly re-popped into my head today, has anyone else noticed this year already there has been many moments where Julie has referred to the HG's as HM's... I wonder if she's watching BBUK and that's causing her to slip up.

Not particularly noticed it but she usually refers to them as "housemates" during the interviews as to the HGs the other "houseguests" are their "housemates", not their "houseguests".

what is happening to the BB Takeover? gronks takeover had no twist and they didn't mention it this show?
also how awkward was the end of this episode where they were clearly trying to kill time!

what is happening to the BB Takeover? gronks takeover had no twist and they didn't mention it this show?
also how awkward was the end of this episode where they were clearly trying to kill time!
I think his "twist" was no have-nots. Surely they haven't run out ideas already...

This season has quickly turned into an absolute dud - the twists are barely there, and the one twist that is interesting has become uninteresting by there being absolutely no consequence to Liz and Julia being discovered. It feels like practically the same people are in power every week and it's the same boring pawn strategy each week.

I agree Brekkie, here is my idea:
- If the veto is used the houseguest that was just saved from the block chooses their replacement. Making it harder to backdoor someone.

- If the veto is used the houseguest that was just saved from the block chooses their replacement. Making it harder to backdoor someone.

Or.....

-If the veto is won and used, the person who won it gets to choose the replacement (not the HOH).

I was also thinking of this:

- Winners Win: The team that wins the BOB is off the block, but the HOH who nominated them stays. The HOH who put up the losing team is dethroned and the two nominees on the losing duo are up on the block.

Isn't that just the Diamond Power of Veto?

I doubt that would really change anything to be honest... It would just put the power in the hands of the veto holder... Meaning an HoH would likely just place a pawn up on the block more often than they actually do...

I think having the entire house play for the veto would actually play a bigger role in reducing the "backdoor" play than anything else would...

I mean look at BB 4... Which was the last time the veto was open to the entire house and it was used a total of 4 times throughout the series...

Here's what I think should happen.

Julie: (VO) "I need all HouseGuests to report to the living room." (the HGs gather in the living room) "HouseGuests, it has come to our attention, that a number of Heads of Household have been orchestrating a plot. The backdoor technique has been exploited. And as you know, our motto is 'Expect the Unexpected'. Therefore, the rules must now change. Until further notice, the Golden Power of Veto is now upgraded to the Diamond Power of Veto. The winner of this POV has the power to remove a player off of the Nomination Block, then must select the replacement nominee themselves. The holder of this Veto may not select the HOH as a replacement.

However, there's more. Until further notice, Heads of Household are no longer allowed to discuss nominations with non-HOHs. Any breach of this rule will result in a severe penalty. That is all."

However, there's more. Until further notice, Heads of Household are no longer allowed to discuss nominations with non-HOHs. Any breach of this rule will result in a severe penalty. That is all."

As of anything you think really matters any ways... But I decided to give you a pity response... THAT WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN!!!! The whole point of BBUS is that it is by nature a competitive format!!! Reducing an exploited power play move is one thing but suggesting BB essentially eliminate a critical component of the show is just pain idiotic... You'd basically be sending BB in to a ratings nose dive and starting a massive fan revolt... Watching paint dry for 98 days would be more exciting... As much as their is discontent among small pockets of BB fans about the over use of the backdoor move they still live for the constant plotting and scheming aspect of the show... Take that away from them and they'll being calling for your head...

Are you really that stupid? Or are you just constantly phishing for opportunities to have me rip you a new asshole?

Last edited:
The problem isn't the "backdoor move", it's that they don't throw anything at the HG's that is truly unexpected and messes with any plans they have and making them scramble, which results in the same thing happening over and over.

I'm surprised we've gotten this far in BBUS without them introducing a "Platinum Power of Veto" that would either allow the holder to veto the eviction vote and send the other nominee out - basically giving the PoV-holder the sole vote to evict OR allow the holder to veto a nominee and replace them with the HoH. There's so many ways to twist the PoV to introduce unpredictability into the game, but they don't. :(

OK, @Kingston, if you're so smart, then how would you patch the backdoor exploit (aside from having the entire house play for the POV)?

Was the backdoor strategy not patched enough when they made the switch to randomly selected HGs competing in the POV? The backdoor was a much easier play back when the HoH and nominees picked the POV players.

I'm surprised we've gotten this far in BBUS without them introducing a "Platinum Power of Veto" that would either allow the holder to veto the eviction vote and send the other nominee out - basically giving the PoV-holder the sole vote to evict OR allow the holder to veto a nominee and replace them with the HoH.

Now THERE'S an idea.

Back