Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Season 2 Discussion [SPOILERS]

I tend to flip flop about that... As much as I'm sure I'd be good at it, I'm not sure I'm ready to have my life expose like that... There are things I'd prefer not to have out there... A few things in particular that may or may not come out that I'd like my family not to know about... One that might wreck me... The other I'd just like to avoid and really shouldn't be an issue but that I'd just prefer to keep quiet...

Who knows though...

you sound very mysterious, even fascinating, but you know you, you are your judge when it comes to that decision. when you say 'wreck me', that sounds very serious, i have no idea what sort of thing that could be. could you tell your family that before you went in if you were to get through? or ever? and on a BB level , how would the viewers see you if that was let out, love or hate?

Kingston - that would be the thing that would stop me from going into something that exposes you to absolutely everyone and everyone's point of view - especially now with SM as it is ... it was VERY different back in the early days of BB ... but even then people could go to newspapers/radio/tv and disclose what they knew about any of the contestants ... but it wasn't as far reaching as SM is now
there are some things you know you want to take to the grave and its a huge risk to put yourself out there - not just for yourself but for those around you that you care about ... so I totally get what you are saying

well FINALLY I finished watching BBCAN1 ... and I'M ANGRY!!!

I got to loathe Emmett and Jillian ... Emmett was just too arrogant for words (and I don't think I ever liked or trusted him the whole time - I couldn't fathom why he would be popular with people outside of the house when he was so up himself) and Jillian just grated on me (the way she says Hello? nails on a chalkboard!!) ... I wasn't really 100% about Gary getting a 2nd chance but as Alec pointed out ALL of the Jury people had that chance and it was a competition and Gary won ... so once I get past that ... with Jillian and Gary up there I was all for Gary to win it. I of course knew that Jillian won and that there was a controversy ... so I wanted to see how that played out on finale night

I have to say - my god Gary was gracious about it - on the finale night not getting involved in questioning it and from what I saw in the reunion show saying he forgave Topaz straight away and doesn't hold grudges. I loved when on the Sideshow this year Jillian was a guest and Gary went up to her for a hug and said jokingly What did you do with MY money?! (If the reverse had happened I could see Emmett would have been shouting the house down and throwing chairs! like the tanties he threw when he was DQ'd)

Jillian and Emmett because of their showmance had an advantage over everyone else because of the strength of their alliance and their ability to win so many of the comps but they both ended up being so 'rub it in their faces' all the time and it just turned me right off having any respect for that. You can win - you don't have to turn around in DR and be a total asshole and gloating about it ...

Even in the Reunion Show Emmett couldn't be gracious about Jillian's 'win by default' - it was all about "well I was treated badly by the rules and got DQ'd a couple of times so I don't care about this - it finally worked in our favour" ... you got DQ'd because you broke the rules Emmett ... there was no question about it ... so suck it up! Gary did nothing wrong - it was Topaz' error that cost him that win - at least HE had the balls to be gracious about it!

Anyway ... probably I got a skewed view of BBCAN1 because I didn't get to see the live feeds ...

I wasn't a huge fan of Gary through just seeing him on the Sideshow but I warmed up to him by the end of season 2 - but after seeing Season 1 I have a lot of respect for him. (you're safe though - I'm not going to run around the forum throwing glitter everywhere ;)

well FINALLY I finished watching BBCAN1 ... and I'M ANGRY!!!

I got to loathe Emmett and Jillian ... Emmett was just too arrogant for words (and I don't think I ever liked or trusted him the whole time - I couldn't fathom why he would be popular with people outside of the house when he was so up himself) and Jillian just grated on me (the way she says Hello? nails on a chalkboard!!) ... I wasn't really 100% about Gary getting a 2nd chance but as Alec pointed out ALL of the Jury people had that chance and it was a competition and Gary won ... so once I get past that ... with Jillian and Gary up there I was all for Gary to win it. I of course knew that Jillian won and that there was a controversy ... so I wanted to see how that played out on finale night

I have to say - my god Gary was gracious about it - on the finale night not getting involved in questioning it and from what I saw in the reunion show saying he forgave Topaz straight away and doesn't hold grudges. I loved when on the Sideshow this year Jillian was a guest and Gary went up to her for a hug and said jokingly What did you do with MY money?! (If the reverse had happened I could see Emmett would have been shouting the house down and throwing chairs! like the tanties he threw when he was DQ'd)

Jillian and Emmett because of their showmance had an advantage over everyone else because of the strength of their alliance and their ability to win so many of the comps but they both ended up being so 'rub it in their faces' all the time and it just turned me right off having any respect for that. You can win - you don't have to turn around in DR and be a total asshole and gloating about it ...

Even in the Reunion Show Emmett couldn't be gracious about Jillian's 'win by default' - it was all about "well I was treated badly by the rules and got DQ'd a couple of times so I don't care about this - it finally worked in our favour" ... you got DQ'd because you broke the rules Emmett ... there was no question about it ... so suck it up! Gary did nothing wrong - it was Topaz' error that cost him that win - at least HE had the balls to be gracious about it!

Anyway ... probably I got a skewed view of BBCAN1 because I didn't get to see the live feeds ...

I wasn't a huge fan of Gary through just seeing him on the Sideshow but I warmed up to him by the end of season 2 - but after seeing Season 1 I have a lot of respect for him. (you're safe though - I'm not going to run around the forum throwing glitter everywhere ;)

i have downloaded but have yet to watch. i think we were spoiled by having the Live Feed and it will be strange watching just the show

guess what, BB Israel is on, it started 14th May, it's called HaAH HaGadol6. i don't think BB ever ends around the world

I think Emmett had a fair point - it would have been an even bigger controversy had Topaz been allowed to reverse her vote especially when they'd been really hot on competition rules throughout the season. If nearly 100 Americans had managed to do it right over the decade previously then there was no excuse. It's a pretty simple rule - vote for who you want to win.

Oh Topaz. I still get stressed when l think about what she did. Inadvertently. But ridiculously.
But Gary is over it, l should get over it too!!

I loved Gary on the show (especially with Suzette) and on the Side Show. He was kind and supportive on the SS and l loved checking out his mad outfits each week. Peter was fun too.

I didn't watch the live feed this year, but did last year and l didn't think the main show misrepresented house guests much. When Australia had live feeds l thought the main show DID misrepresent people, but IMO it wasn't so bad on BBCAN1.

I guess its the way Emmett expressed himself - the arrogance and when he was DQ'd the bullshit rudeness about it. Cop it on the chin and move on.

It's not like Topaz was trying to change her vote - everyone KNEW she intended her vote to be for Gary - she telegraphed it loud and clear and even Arisa could not hide her shock when she read out her vote.

I wasn't so much saying they should have allowed her to change it - rather commenting on how the HG's involved dealt with it. Emmett's point was to say its fair because I got shafted by being DQ'd - but he didn't man up and admit that he broke the rules and that was why he was DQ'd - both times it was a fair call and he just spat the dummy over it. He lost me totally behaving like that.

I feel for Topaz and I feel for Gary. And I think Emmett once again showed his true colours with his reaction. I also (somewhat) feel for Jillian because deep down she must know she won only because of that mistake by Topaz - its a win by default. Forever remembered as "the winner of BBCan1 but remember the controversy? Gary should have won" ... rather than simply the winner of BBCan1

I'm hoping I'll be able to see live feeds for BBUS the same way I did from BBCan2 ... I am willing to give BBUS a go even though it was so horrendous last year apparently ... I don't think I can give up as much of my time as I have to BBAU and BBCan2 though but it would be nice to be able to live feed when the opportunity presented itself. If BBUK is more in the style of BBAU (popularity vote) its lost its shine for me ... I want the manipulation and alliances and backdooring ...

does that make me a bad person? lol

I
I guess its the way Emmett expressed himself - the arrogance and when he was DQ'd the bullshit rudeness about it. Cop it on the chin and move on.

It's not like Topaz was trying to change her vote - everyone KNEW she intended her vote to be for Gary - she telegraphed it loud and clear and even Arisa could not hide her shock when she read out her vote.

I wasn't so much saying they should have allowed her to change it - rather commenting on how the HG's involved dealt with it. Emmett's point was to say its fair because I got shafted by being DQ'd - but he didn't man up and admit that he broke the rules and that was why he was DQ'd - both times it was a fair call and he just spat the dummy over it. He lost me totally behaving like that.

I feel for Topaz and I feel for Gary. And I think Emmett once again showed his true colours with his reaction. I also (somewhat) feel for Jillian because deep down she must know she won only because of that mistake by Topaz - its a win by default. Forever remembered as "the winner of BBCan1 but remember the controversy? Gary should have won" ... rather than simply the winner of BBCan1

I'm hoping I'll be able to see live feeds for BBUS the same way I did from BBCan2 ... I am willing to give BBUS a go even though it was so horrendous last year apparently ... I don't think I can give up as much of my time as I have to BBAU and BBCan2 though but it would be nice to be able to live feed when the opportunity presented itself. If BBUK is more in the style of BBAU (popularity vote) its lost its shine for me ... I want the manipulation and alliances and backdooring ...

does that make me a bad person? lol
l liked Jillian all year and liked Emmett at first, but I started to like him less and less because he was too cocky and IMO he was trying to push Jill out by dragging Gary to the final 3. I wanted Jillian and Andrew to become a couple after the show. Gary got on my nerves a lot, he got an ally saved by a twist and then he was saved out of the jury (that was HORRIBLE). Gary was very gracious when he lost due to Topaz.
BBUS sells access to live feeds, I have never bought it before but I might this year, it was actually good for the first half of last season and then it went off the rails. BBUK starts June 5 I might watch it, celebrityBB UK was good this year, Emma is a awesome host, her and Rylan are very entertaining.

I

l liked Jillian all year and liked Emmett at first, but I started to like him less and less because he was too cocky and IMO he was trying to push Jill out by dragging Gary to the final 3. I wanted Jillian and Andrew to become a couple after the show. Gary got on my nerves a lot, he got an ally saved by a twist and then he was saved out of the jury (that was HORRIBLE). Gary was very gracious when he lost due to Topaz.
BBUS sells access to live feeds, I have never bought it before but I might this year, it was actually good for the first half of last season and then it went off the rails. BBUK starts June 5 I might watch it, celebrityBB UK was good this year, Emma is a awesome host, her and Rylan are very entertaining.
I saw they sell access to the live feeds - and I'd be happy to pay for it providing they aren't going to block my access because I'm not in the US and Canada ... I'm thinking the hola thingy I used to live feed BBCAN2 would maybe cover my bases on that one but since this was first time i'd used it and have never tried watching BBUS before I'm not 100% sure ..

Does BBUK do live feeds?

omg - what am I doing? BB has taken over my life already and I'm even THINKING about trying to view BBUK now? AND BBUS?

seriously need to step awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy from the 'puter ;)

I got the Studious Kitten teeshirt :)
(i'm such a tragic!!) lol
& Neda wrote a personal little note on the invoice which I thought was pretty cool of her :)
(fangirling)

Last edited:
I saw they sell access to the live feeds - and I'd be happy to pay for it providing they aren't going to block my access because I'm not in the US and Canada ... I'm thinking the hola thingy I used to live feed BBCAN2 would maybe cover my bases on that one but since this was first time i'd used it and have never tried watching BBUS before I'm not 100% sure ..

Does BBUK do live feeds?

omg - what am I doing? BB has taken over my life already and I'm even THINKING about trying to view BBUK now? AND BBUS?

seriously need to step awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy from the 'puter ;)
I'm not sure about UK the only thing I have watched from there is celebrityBB ( and it was good), so I am going to try the regular one (it will be nice if they have live feeds) they have an after show that is really good (at least they did for celeb). I am a big Emma fan. I'm not sure if the US has geographic restrictions for those wishing to buy live feeds (there is a 20% preseason discount, not that it is very expensive anyway but why not).

you have to sign up for a CBS account and Australia is in the drop down menu (CA US AU that's all)
the billing menu only has US/CA
the actual credit card section only asks for the number/expiration/visa or MC/validation number I wonder if you can fool it by putting in a US address ?

you have to sign up for a CBS account and Australia is in the drop down menu (CA US AU that's all)
the billing menu only has US/CA
the actual credit card section only asks for the number/expiration/visa or MC/validation number I wonder if you can fool it by putting in a US address ?
well you can fool it with a US address ... but then surely they'd know its an AU credit card? they don't give the paypal option[DOUBLEPOST=1401236099][/DOUBLEPOST]i figure if they takes your money they should be ok with you live feeding no matter where you live and no matter how you get it
not like I'm trying to beat the system and not pay for it after all ...

well you can fool it with a US address ... but then surely they'd know its an AU credit card? they don't give the paypal option[DOUBLEPOST=1401236099][/DOUBLEPOST]i figure if they takes your money they should be ok with you live feeding no matter where you live and no matter how you get it

Last year heaps of Canadians purchased the feeds when the feeds were geo-blocked here... You need a VPN in order to get around the geo-block...

I just saw this one, so maybe there is a way
Joker's BB Updates ‏@JokersBBUpdates 14m

BB16 sign-up links are ready! Get early bird special for $23.99 (available in USA/Canada/Australia)http://www.jokersupdates.com/bigbrotherlivefeed.php?src=JokersBBUpdates… #BB16 #BBCAN #BBAU

I still do not get why their is an option for Australia. So we can watch the live feed, but not the episodes.... Well this is just encouraging piracy. I wonder how many Aussies will be getting the feeds? Might be quit a few and CBS will make a little extra money this year... Who knows!

Back