Skip to main content

BBAU 2014 Launch Date 7th/8th September

Status
Not open for further replies.
After what he did with Richard Wilkins surprise birthday party, I am surprised they even told him anything.

I agree with you unless he's going to play some part in it. But did he not say some time last week that ch9 have not called him in a while and something like this would have been pre planned for a while.

In the end though, I can't help but think that it's actually bad for them. I get that it's all about counter programming against the rivals. However even the way the show, especially last year jumped around the schedule like a kid in a jumping castle has to be bad for ratings. You need to have investigative skills to follow a show in Australia.
David Knox over at TV Tonight tries his best to keep us updated with scheduling changes. However Nine refuses to send him amendments for fear of negative backlash.
Well here's an idea, schedule something well in the first place and stick to it.
There's no reason that the Block or Even BB should run sometimes up to 20minutes overtime.

/rant

In the end though, I can't help but think that it's actually bad for them. I get that it's all about counter programming against the rivals. However even the way the show, especially last year jumped around the schedule like a kid in a jumping castle has to be bad for ratings. You need to have investigative skills to follow a show in Australia.
David Knox over at TV Tonight tries his best to keep us updated with scheduling changes. However Nine refuses to send him amendments for fear of negative backlash.
Well here's an idea, schedule something well in the first place and stick to it.
There's no reason that the Block or Even BB should run sometimes up to 20minutes overtime.

/rant
With the ratings in the last few days for reality TV I fear that this will be the last season of BB on Nine, the 3 year deal is up this year and even though I have no idea how much Nine had to pay Endemol for it( I read the channel 5 in the UK payed like 120 million pounds for their BB not sure if that's true), I'm sure with the 8:30 slot this year BB won't get the ratings it needs to remain profitable for Nine.

EDIT: I found this

Channel 4 signed a three-year contract with Endemol for Big Brother in 2006, which was said at the time to be worth up to £70m.

The first three-year deal Channel 4 signed with Endemol for Big Brother in 2002 was understood to have cost the broadcaster up to £40m.

Desmond is likely to pay far less than that. One senior TV industry insider said that £30m might be a more realistic figure now that the show's popularity has waned.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2010/aug/25/big-brother-channel-5

Last edited:
With the ratings in the last few days for reality TV I fear that this will be the last season of BB on Nine, the 3 year deal is up this year and even though I have no idea how much Nine had to pay Endemol for it( I read the channel 5 in the UK payed like 120 million pounds for their BB not sure if that's true), I'm sure with the 8:30 slot this year BB won't get the ratings it needs to remain profitable for Nine.

I fear that this will be the last season of BB on Nine,

Say waaaaaaaaaat? You say fear? I'd be elated, please let it be so. *fingers crossed*

What Ch 9 is dishing out isn't BB anyway, it's some weird fusion of BB for toddlers, The Bachelor crossed with other elements from other reality tv shows.

The sooner it's out of their hands and back to Ch 10, who'll hopefully treat it with more respect, the better. :pompus:

Say waaaaaaaaaat? You say fear? I'd be elated, please let it be so. *fingers crossed*

What Ch 9 is dishing out isn't BB anyway, it's some weird fusion of BB for toddlers, The Bachelor crossed with other elements from other reality tv shows.

The sooner it's out of their hands and back to Ch 10, who'll hopefully treat it with more respect, the better. :pompus:
I would love the show to go back to Ten, I just fear that Ten for whatever reason might not want it, they need it, but like I said I have no clue how much it would cost Ten to get the contract from Endemol.

The whole thing is so ridiculous. The fact that we have a thread 54 pages long speculating about the start date seems so crazy to me. I don't care if BB staff read this. Nine should treat viewers with some more respect.

...so true my friend... a great post... well done... you summed up my feelings about it perfectly:thumbsup:... cheers.:)

...so... if Channel 9 dumps it and Channel 10 nor any other TV Channel wanted it then would the price for having it go down to say... $20 million a year?... I wonder?... (perhaps all of the TV Channels should group together until the price comes down to a realistic level and THEN bid for it?);):thumbsup:... just a thought... cheers.:)

I wouldn't be holding my breath for channel 10 to pick it up if it fails in the ratings on Nine this year.

I wouldn't be holding my breath for channel 10 to pick it up if it fails in the ratings on Nine this year.
They resurrected that steaming pile of crap known as So You Think You Can Dance so I can't see why they wouldn't give BB another chance. Yes they are that desperate for a hit and they know that BB still has a loyal audience.

And I'm pretty sure that Ch 9 aren't paying anywhere near the 20 million per season Ch 10 did in the early years when it was a ratings success. If I had to guess I'll put it around 2 - 5 million tops which reflects its true value nowadays.

They resurrected that steaming pile of crap known as So You Think You Can Dance so I can't see why they wouldn't give BB another chance. Yes they are that desperate for a hit and they know that BB still has a loyal audience.

And I'm pretty sure that Ch 9 aren't paying anywhere near the 20 million per season Ch 10 did in the early years when it was a ratings success. If I had to guess I'll put it around 2 - 5 million tops which reflects its true value nowadays.
SYTYCD is a totally different kettle of fish and a much lower risk. One show per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back