Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

What do you mean? I seem to be able to find everything.

Pecan was saying you can still bring up the thread for Today 2012, Today 2013, maybe Today 2011?

There is a new Today thread for each year; this forum is regularly targeted and hacked - owners and mods do a marvellous job running things smoothly and fixing hacks.
So the big hack of 2011, killed a lot of the previous archives of threads, Pecan says all is lost before 2011. This forum has been running since 2001 and the very first BB series.

"Today I ..." deactivated a facilebook account. Cept, while I was logged in I spied a name and face from way way way back when so was inspired to quickly cobble together a topical google image with the following old original song from way way way back then and email the link to the name and face along with a quick hello and links to my youtube channels.

[youtubevid]aaWwo-d6u4k[/youtubevid]

Am now curious as to what might become of it all ... and where I'm gunna score a working cassette tape player to retrieve some of the other old old old stuff I have recorded from way way way back then. :)

"Tonight I ..." am having hawaiian pizza with lscp while we watch "couple's retreat" yet again and remember our St Regis Bora-Bora honeymoon from the other month.

Spose I better stop typing and start watching. :D

regarDS

What do you mean? I seem to be able to find everything.

Pecan was saying you can still bring up the thread for Today 2012, Today 2013, maybe Today 2011?

There is a new Today thread for each year; this forum is regularly targeted and hacked - owners and mods do a marvellous job running things smoothly and fixing hacks.
So the big hack of 2011, killed a lot of the previous archives of threads, Pecan says all is lost before 2011. This forum has been running since 2001 and the very first BB series.

Yep, sorry, the previous "Today I..." threads from before 2011 were lost in the hacking because they were in a subforum which got deleted, there are still other older threads around which weren't in that subforum.

bubblegun.jpg

Pencils by Mike Dibalfo
Inks by 'theinkpages' on D/art

Original published colours by Nei Rufino which you can see here --> http://www.deviantart.com/art/Bubblegun-377143473

So, yeah. Too many desaturated blue night scenes of late so I decided to get my "Sat" on and do this one. Still blue mostly of course...gotta get away from that. Plus I wanted to give that background a go!!! Otherwise, I'm just following Nei's colour theme...

cheers
Sean

Congrats [MENTION=117]Billie[/MENTION] you're inspiring [MENTION=1267]torifrog[/MENTION]

Melly make an appointment with government housing, I doubt they know your mum is on chemo? Explaining the situation might get them a place quickly.

"Today I ..." didn't do any gardening again ... too hot.

... so I mucked around with the gopro and guitar and then hung out in the studio to muck around with the results even more.

Here's the result ... I wonder how much of it our sHiloh has heard before. ;) :)

[youtubevid]lQZyle5t3qc[/youtubevid]

Considering none of the medley are my songs and they are from 30 years ago, I'm somewhat surprised as to how much I could remember of them.

OTOH, I guess I should be too surprised ... like can't we all sing, say, beatles songs that we heard in our teens/over 30 years ago ?

regarDS

hey guys thanks for the ideas. they are already on the 'emergency' housing list and state housing knows about chemo and prognosis etc. (it makes me wonder how much other people must be suffering, if after all this mum and dad are still not top of the list?). they have a second meeting this wednesday now that the house is on the market as it might affect their position. they are also already on community housing list. they have been given some help to pay the bills (i.e power bill as mum has no choice but to use the air con). so they are getting almost all the help they can get which is really promising :)

they are only on month to month recurring lease, so she only has to give them the months notice which also sucks but there is also a chance new owners might carry on the lease who knows.

today i went down and saw them and we just sat around in the lounge talking for hours :) then we went out and got some material mum is going to sew me a quilt (she loves quilting) and i brought her a milkshake hehe.

apparently she's scheduled to have chemo for the next 5 months, so that is sort of a good sign i suppose. shes started to lose her hair, she has an appointment this week to get it cut short. she doesnt want a wig but she has a few hats and scarves :)

this weekend in perth has been really hot nearly 44 both days, and today there are about 6 fires burning around the place and houses are lost (but this is in the "forest" parts about an hour out of the cbd).

I booked my melbourne flights the other day :) and I purchased a ticket to see Les Mis :D im going by myself hahaha as my bf isnt interested but I dont care im sure it will be awesome.

[MENTION=13028]Energizer Bunny[/MENTION] - Hope your mum & dad get some good news for their housing. It really is the very last thing they need. I bet the quilt will be beautiful :)

Today, I viewed this clip - Robert Downey CAN sing!

Robert Downey Jr Sings With Sting And Absolutely Kills It.

http://www.videobash.com/video_show...gs-with-sting-and-absolutely-kills-it-1508742

Cheers D

a more screen/work/whatever friendly version here

[youtubevid]xiuzFNtki60[/youtubevid]

sorry but I reckon he is acting more than singing ... which re-affirms my view of him being a mighty fine actor. :D

if it wasn't live and you couldn't see anyone and didn't know it was Robert D, would you really have been all that impressed ?

regarDS

News alert.............

MY DJ - is charting worldwide, flippin hell.

How do you take a screenshot, with windows 7 on a laptop, anyone????

Squeeeeeeee, check him out here -

http://www.beatport.com/genre/minimal/14/top-100

He is number 82. Moved from 98 yesterday.

Listen, Nick Panlook

And he hasn't even half started - we are looking for singers, sopranos; and choirs, anyone????

We have a setback though, the large Apple desktop died, we have to raise funds for a new one.

That's awesome [MENTION=899]kxk[/MENTION]!

I haven't used windows for so long. I think I used to use that print screen tab and then paste on paint.

That's awesome [MENTION=899]kxk[/MENTION]!

I haven't used windows for so long. I think I used to use that print screen tab and then paste on paint.

So excited.
And that pic of Scarlet is so perfect. Makes a great avatar.
Reminds me of other iconic photos taken in NY, like some of James Dean

So excited.
And that pic of Scarlet is so perfect. Makes a great avatar.
Reminds me of other iconic photos taken in NY, like some of James Dean

I bet you are! It's fantastic news and the year has only begun. Hopefully bigger and better things happen.
I love a woman who dares to be bold.

Thanks [MENTION=35834]Sweet_Geek[/MENTION].............today he is charting at number 59, woohoo, big jump overnight when the rest of the world is awake.
Top 50 would be awesome.

Thanks [MENTION=35834]Sweet_Geek[/MENTION].............today he is charting at number 59, woohoo, big jump overnight when the rest of the world is awake.
Top 50 would be awesome.

Can we help to get him there?

Back