Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

Happy new year!!

well 31st december wasnt so great my cat has been really sick and not eating etc so we took him to the vet and we got the casual lady because it was new years eve ( I dont really like her) and shes so blunt and doesnt have a very good bedside manner.

she says yep hes sick, and he needs to be hospitalised but its new years eve so there is no vets around. and we are like ummm so what do we do?? then she says umm well I can give him some antibiotics maybe.. then she says if hes not better by tomorrow you have to bring him back.

Then she feels around and finds a lump and says OH NO.. this lump this is terrible. She says we have to bring him back tomorrow (1st Jan) anyway as this lump is bad and is probably cancer.

I was like wtf :|

anyway its 2 days later now and the antibiotics seem to have worked, my cat is perked up more.. still sooky but now hes eating and cleaning himself. and the lump has about halved in size. If cancer appears in a couple of days (golf ball size) then suddenly drops in half after 2 days thennn thats crazy lol.

So we are taking him back to the vet on the weekend but Im guessing its just an abscess or similar. He and the new kitty have been play fighting a lot so it wouldnt be surprising if he got a scratch or something else like that.

the rest of my new years was pretty good :) we went to a bbq and then we were just bored and tired and were about to leave at 10pm but a good friend of ours showed up we havent seen in ages so it suddenly turned around into a really fun evening :) we watched the fireworks down the road :)

Jan 1st was really good too my mum and dad came over to see me and mum taught me how to make her special sausage rolls :)

That vet sounds weird.

Oh EB, that last bit made me a bit teary - I miss my gorgeous, difficult, witty, super smart mother.
It has been a long time.
I would ring her every day, I miss her voice so much.
One of the things I treasure most are her handwritten recipes, so very glad I asked - and I have photocopied them for everyone of course.

Hope your Mum is doing well and enjoyed Christmas/New year.

Congratulations [MENTION=117]Billie[/MENTION]. That's great news. Tell us more, tell us more .

LOL

Bugger off those millions are MINE:)

So, I'm the same. I only buy if it's over 20 million, anything less and I wouldn't have enough to cover my greedy family and create the charity I want.

We got chrissie presents of lotto tickets and powerball, we still have one left to check for powerball, and 2 in the next biggy.
We got one $26 dollar powerball win.

And I now only buy from a place that has had 22 ..........1st division winners, and all this year they kept getting 2nd div winners.
Funny little shop, in the burb I grew up, lovely bubbly couple - who have never won a thing themselves - I touch them for luck.

They laugh at those news stories of places having 3-4 wins.

I want a world tour for my DJ, a charity for lost boys. And I will take you 2 out for a good meal:)
[MENTION=483]Medusa[/MENTION], my body looks far better than my face - used to be the opposite. Face is too thin.
And crap I forgot to eat again today.

I'll hold you to taking us out. Hint: jessy_girl loves her pancakes. Btw, how strange to receive lotto tickets as Chrissy presents... I find a lot of things strange though.

I too, left a portion for charity. I think your nephew is very lucky to have you.

Happy new year!!

well 31st december wasnt so great my cat has been really sick and not eating etc so we took him to the vet and we got the casual lady because it was new years eve ( I dont really like her) and shes so blunt and doesnt have a very good bedside manner.

she says yep hes sick, and he needs to be hospitalised but its new years eve so there is no vets around. and we are like ummm so what do we do?? then she says umm well I can give him some antibiotics maybe.. then she says if hes not better by tomorrow you have to bring him back.

Then she feels around and finds a lump and says OH NO.. this lump this is terrible. She says we have to bring him back tomorrow (1st Jan) anyway as this lump is bad and is probably cancer.

I was like wtf :|

anyway its 2 days later now and the antibiotics seem to have worked, my cat is perked up more.. still sooky but now hes eating and cleaning himself. and the lump has about halved in size. If cancer appears in a couple of days (golf ball size) then suddenly drops in half after 2 days thennn thats crazy lol.

So we are taking him back to the vet on the weekend but Im guessing its just an abscess or similar. He and the new kitty have been play fighting a lot so it wouldnt be surprising if he got a scratch or something else like that.

the rest of my new years was pretty good :) we went to a bbq and then we were just bored and tired and were about to leave at 10pm but a good friend of ours showed up we havent seen in ages so it suddenly turned around into a really fun evening :) we watched the fireworks down the road :)

Jan 1st was really good too my mum and dad came over to see me and mum taught me how to make her special sausage rolls :)

That's promising news about your cat, EB. And you sound like you are having some wonderful times with your mum - future comforting memories. And I saw a pic of those sausage rolls. They looked yummy!

EB, I hope it's good news for you in the coming days. Like kxk, I think that vet is weird too.

I like reading little moments with your mum. Makes me smile

Congratulations [MENTION=117]Billie[/MENTION]. That's great news. Tell us more, tell us more .

Thank you :)

Garden wedding, it was 25C and sunny, groom wore a black coat with green lapels, I wore a violet halter-neck dress with purple lace shrug. It was a perfect day. :D

Yea the vet isnt australian shes from europe somewhere im guessing maybe french or maybe even russian something like that. she doesnt speak or write very good english :/ my cat was running around this morning chasing our new kitten :) so I think hes fine.

well now my parents have been told that the house they are renting is going on the market. my dad is about 1 cm away from having a nervous break down. as i posted before they had a huge bust up with my brother, and then between that time and now he's also had a huge falling out with his sister. the type where she's emailing the whole extended family saying how evil dad is etc. (shes a psychopath herself! lol). I think dad is just OVER everyone, and is finally telling them all to bugger off when usually hes overly nice to everyone.

so now they gotta find somewhere to go. they are on the priority housing list but that can still take a year to find a spot. but maybe they can get somewhere sooner if the house goes on the market. my parents have no money at all, I brought their shopping last week otherwise they literally were not going to eat meals for a few days (I could never let that happen specially while mums on chemo??) so if they have to move house or anything like that it will be me that pays for it, and either pays a removalist or physically moves them myself :/

I hate that everything sounds awful LOL but it just is? like i dont think you would even be able to invent this stuff! we just wake up every day with another bad news. I have to share at least for the comedy of it all! :p

oh well. my boyfriend and I have planned a trip to melbourne in august :) that will be a nice 2 week get away.. and we are dreaming of going to america in 2015. thats our goals at the moment for ourselves so hopefully it will all pan out :)

Oh my goodness [MENTION=13028]Energizer Bunny[/MENTION], that is just too much all at once - any chance of negotiating with the owner? I guess not.

I have family who are in public housing due to mental health issues, and we had to help them out until we go them housing.

So I'm aware of resources here in Melbourne, and you would have similar in your state if not better.
There are housing services that will help with rent and moving costs given your Mum's circumstances.
In Melbourne it's Hanover Housing.

And there are other housing options. Community Housing, is a bit like public housing but easier to access.
Port Phillip Community Housing is the Melbourne service.

So, just wanted you to know there are other places and resources. Churches also have housing if they are a member of a church.

Anyway, you can find the advice and support to help you by contacting your local community centre or community legal centre.
Both of these services can help a lot, they know about resources nobody else does.
Is the hospital helpful? social workers there should help you. Cancer support services???

Your poor Mum, this is the last thing she needs right now.

I'll hold you to taking us out. Hint: jessy_girl loves her pancakes. Btw, how strange to receive lotto tickets as Chrissy presents... I find a lot of things strange though.

I too, left a portion for charity. I think your nephew is very lucky to have you.

Hehe, it's true, I do!

I couldn't imagine winning big and not giving to charity, to be honest. I'm not saying that to big note myself or anything, it's just no one needs that much money and since I didn't earn it I would feel extra inclined to help out others in need. Not saying I wouldn't piss some away in myself tho.

I used to work at a newsagent when I was a teenager and they had lotto gift packs with an entry in a few draws and some scratches, so I think it's a common enough present. Or at least part of a present.

I must buy a ticket for tonight's $20 million.
[MENTION=13028]Energizer Bunny[/MENTION] - I can't believe how crappy things are for you right now. I mean, I do believe you of course, but that all just seems so unfair. I wish I could assist you or at least offer you some advice, but unfortunately I don't have much experience. Look into housing communities, there are a lot of services that would be able to help your family in this time. Glad things are looking up for your cat though! Amd super jealous of your possible US trip, I'm hoping to do the same, so it's nice you have something to look forward to.

[MENTION=13028]Energizer Bunny[/MENTION] kxk had some good advice for you there. Don't try to do this all on your own when you don't have to.

What kind of lease are your parents on? Even if the landlord sells the house, the new owner is obligated to honour the lease. So your parents have somewhere to live until the end of their current lease. Might be enough time for something else to come up.

Today I ... walked into a theatre I knew were holding some auditions and did a cold reading on the spot. I haven't been on stage for 31 years, and they also asked me if I'd like to learn how to be a stage manager (after I said I just want to be INVOLVED, whether acting or not), and it sounds truly interesting so of course I said yes!

Today I ... also had contact with a local (Brisbane) charity called "Pay a Sack Forward" ( https://www.facebook.com/PayASackForward ) that I only recently read about, offering my time, and they've taken me up on it :)

This year I'm going back to my first loves - acting, charity, and learning (more, this time it's a post grad dip in policy) about politics etc :)

Hehe, it's true, I do!

I couldn't imagine winning big and not giving to charity, to be honest. I'm not saying that to big note myself or anything, it's just no one needs that much money and since I didn't earn it I would feel extra inclined to help out others in need. Not saying I wouldn't piss some away in myself tho.

I used to work at a newsagent when I was a teenager and they had lotto gift packs with an entry in a few draws and some scratches, so I think it's a common enough present. Or at least part of a present.

I must buy a ticket for tonight's $20 million.
[MENTION=13028]Energizer Bunny[/MENTION] - I can't believe how crappy things are for you right now. I mean, I do believe you of course, but that all just seems so unfair. I wish I could assist you or at least offer you some advice, but unfortunately I don't have much experience. Look into housing communities, there are a lot of services that would be able to help your family in this time. Glad things are looking up for your cat though! Amd super jealous of your possible US trip, I'm hoping to do the same, so it's nice you have something to look forward to.

I totally understand about winning and donating. Its way too much money and like you, I feel I should help people in need and I would want to.

Energizer bunny, I just don't know what to say :( it's not turning to be a great start to the year. Others have offered good advice though and I'm glad there's some good things happening. I honestly hope things turn around for you all.

Torifrog, good for you! That was wonderful read and inspiring.

Congratulations Billie, how lovely
[MENTION=1267]torifrog[/MENTION], inspiring stuff, you are really kickstarting the year

Fingers and everything crossed that we all won something:) I have 3 tickets to check.
Wouldn't you just love to have enough money to make a difference with something that bugs you - and provide employment for you and family that you all enjoy:)

I think I have alzheimers - test yourself using peanut butter

How's this for a low-tech way of diagnosing Alzheimer's: sniffing peanut butter. Researchers at the University of Florida have discovered some merit to the bizarre-sounding notion, reports Futurity. Knowing that patients in cognitive decline often lose their sense of smell first, the researchers had patients sniff a dollop of peanut butter with each nostril separately. They used a ruler to measure the point at which people detected the odor (and to keep the other nostril closed).

The weird result: People with a confirmed diagnosis of early-stage Alzheimer's could smell it fine with their right nostril, but not their left, say the UF scientists. Generally speaking, the right nostril picked up on it 10cm before the left one. Also of note: The left-right difference is specific to Alzheimer's, and doesn't apply to other forms of dementia.

Thanks ladies :) I am tired of not being "alive", I decided to force the issue!

Back