Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

qtkt

Vicar of Goondiwindi
Awesome site donor
Today I am astounded that this thread hadn't been created already.

Happy New Year everyone. I hope 2014 is great for all of us.

I started the year on the right foot... Literally.

As the year counted down last night and got to about 4 seconds to go, we all stood on our right leg and saw in the new year :)

... Then today I trimmed the hedges out the front, sanded down the meterbox in preparation to repaint it and then spent the afternoon watching 3 episodes of season 5 of The West Wing...

So far my year is full of excitement and adventure....

Last edited:
Happy new year everyone, hope it's a good one for all of you. I had a good night last night, spent it with some family who are over from the eastern states, had dinner with them, then caught some fireworks. Spent time with them today too.

Today I am astounded that this thread hadn't been created already.

Today I got to start my first thread ever on BBBA. The "2014 Today I ....." thread is now open for business.

I know, I was surprised this morning that no one had started it, thought I would leave it for someone else to do though. Congrats on your first thread ever Qtkt.

------------------------

Previous threads:

2013: http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?48467-2013-Today-I

2012: http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?45101-2012-Today-I

Last part of 2011: http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?44980-ersatz-quot-Today-I-quot

Everything before that was lost in the 2011 hacking unfortunately.

Thanks [MENTION=7409]pecan[/MENTION]. Glad you had a good New Year's

Happy New Year BBBAers :D

Today I caught a glimpse of my face in the mirror while I was in Gym class...

.....I think I looked about 100 years old :rolleyes: :D

Happy New Years guys :)

Let's hope that this year is our year and we win the lotto or something. Heck, I'm going to be selfish, I hope I win it lol.

That is always my goal [MENTION=35834]Sweet_Geek[/MENTION]! I'm really hoping it happens this year, maybe we can both have a big win? On different draws of course, no shared prizes thanks.

That is always my goal [MENTION=35834]Sweet_Geek[/MENTION]! I'm really hoping it happens this year, maybe we can both have a big win? On different draws of course, no shared prizes thanks.

I accept that. I've already planned out how my money will be used and who gets what- I just have to win it now.

You and me both! I may be deluded but I have really convinced myself that I will have a big win one day.

We can be deluded together, because I've invested far too much thought into this. No, seriously, I really have.

We can be deluded together, because I've invested far too much thought into this. No, seriously, I really have.

Haha me too. If I invested this much energy into other areas of my life I could be one super productive person, but oh we'll, this is far more enjoyable. I have also literally planned out every cent, it's at the point where a win if only a couple of million wouldn't be enough.

But ok, that would still be awesome. I'd just have to change my plans.

[MENTION=34226]jessy_girl[/MENTION], I've already planned what I'd do if I won only a few million. Tbh, I would not be sharing this info with anyone, because it would be a tight budget :p

Do either of you actually buy lottery tickets? ' Cause that would help! ;)

Happy New Year BBBAers :D

Today I caught a glimpse of my face in the mirror while I was in Gym class...

.....I think I looked about 100 years old :rolleyes: :D

So you must be looking pretty good then, because aren't you a few thousand years old?

calie.jpg

Pencils and inks by daniel leister

First one for 2014! :)

I *think* this may be a rejected Zenescope cover... but Dan may have just done it for fun... I dunno *shrugs*...

I'm the same, Only if it's the big jackpots. The newsagents near me has had four winners in the last two years. There was one for $700k, 1.8 million, 2.8 million and 4.8 million.

Happy new year!!

well 31st december wasnt so great my cat has been really sick and not eating etc so we took him to the vet and we got the casual lady because it was new years eve ( I dont really like her) and shes so blunt and doesnt have a very good bedside manner.

she says yep hes sick, and he needs to be hospitalised but its new years eve so there is no vets around. and we are like ummm so what do we do?? then she says umm well I can give him some antibiotics maybe.. then she says if hes not better by tomorrow you have to bring him back.

Then she feels around and finds a lump and says OH NO.. this lump this is terrible. She says we have to bring him back tomorrow (1st Jan) anyway as this lump is bad and is probably cancer.

I was like wtf :|

anyway its 2 days later now and the antibiotics seem to have worked, my cat is perked up more.. still sooky but now hes eating and cleaning himself. and the lump has about halved in size. If cancer appears in a couple of days (golf ball size) then suddenly drops in half after 2 days thennn thats crazy lol.

So we are taking him back to the vet on the weekend but Im guessing its just an abscess or similar. He and the new kitty have been play fighting a lot so it wouldnt be surprising if he got a scratch or something else like that.

the rest of my new years was pretty good :) we went to a bbq and then we were just bored and tired and were about to leave at 10pm but a good friend of ours showed up we havent seen in ages so it suddenly turned around into a really fun evening :) we watched the fireworks down the road :)

Jan 1st was really good too my mum and dad came over to see me and mum taught me how to make her special sausage rolls :)

I'm the same, Only if it's the big jackpots. The newsagents near me has had four winners in the last two years. There was one for $700k, 1.8 million, 2.8 million and 4.8 million.

LOL

Bugger off those millions are MINE:)

So, I'm the same. I only buy if it's over 20 million, anything less and I wouldn't have enough to cover my greedy family and create the charity I want.

We got chrissie presents of lotto tickets and powerball, we still have one left to check for powerball, and 2 in the next biggy.
We got one $26 dollar powerball win.

And I now only buy from a place that has had 22 ..........1st division winners, and all this year they kept getting 2nd div winners.
Funny little shop, in the burb I grew up, lovely bubbly couple - who have never won a thing themselves - I touch them for luck.

They laugh at those news stories of places having 3-4 wins.

I want a world tour for my DJ, a charity for lost boys. And I will take you 2 out for a good meal:)
[MENTION=483]Medusa[/MENTION], my body looks far better than my face - used to be the opposite. Face is too thin.
And crap I forgot to eat again today.

Today I logged in to wish all of you a Happy New Year!

Also I wanted to tell you I got a husband for Xmas, we married a week and half before Xmas. :D

Back