Skip to main content

BBAU 2014 Launch Date 7th/8th September

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought it was different for them to reply that to someone confirming an 'official' date, that's all. Sheesh.

you-need-to-relax.gif

Maybe @GOChannel and GEM will be participating in a tri-channel BB launch similar to The Block (and nothing more aside from repeats)?

haha I had thought it was just the same person running all of Ch 9's accounts and they posted from the wrong one when they responded.

Reactions: MJL
All of the Channel 9 accounts post from the same client (TweetDeck) so yeah most likely.

So if Big Brother is going to air at 8:30 after the block on week nights, is the show going to be aimed more at adults? Because Channel 9 can not honestly expect a PG show like BB on 9 to rate as well as it has the past 2 years in a later time slot.

The latest TVCs have everything following The Block starting at "8-40". Is that so they can run to 8-50 and only be ten minutes late? ;)

I find it very hard to believe they would air Big Brother so late. 7:30pm? Sure. 8:00pm? Plausible.

But anything from 8:30pm onward is just far too late, especially with the audience demographic of the past two years. While it's all well and fine for us to say, yay 8:30pm = a more mature Big Brother (and believe me, I'd be the first person cheering for that), I just don't foresee that being successful with ratings, plus it's past TV primetime hours and virtually no other reality shows ever air that late in Australia. It'd just be far too late.

I understand that there are others shows currently in Nine's schedule that take up all the time until 8:30pm (which is what makes all this so confusing) but I just can't foresee a 8:30pm per night episode ever happening.

Wouldn't mind being proved wrong by Nine on that one though.

I find it very hard to believe they would air Big Brother so late. 7:30pm? Sure. 8:00pm? Plausible.

But anything from 8:30pm onward is just far too late, especially with the audience demographic of the past two years. While it's all well and fine for us to say, yay 8:30pm = a more mature Big Brother (and believe me, I'd be the first person cheering for that), I just don't foresee that being successful with ratings, plus it's past TV primetime hours and virtually no other reality shows ever air that late in Australia. It'd just be far too late.

I understand that there are others shows currently in Nine's schedule that take up all the time until 8:30pm (which is what makes all this so confusing) but I just can't foresee a 8:30pm per night episode ever happening.

Wouldn't mind being proved wrong by Nine on that one though.
How are they going to fit the Block and Big Brother together though? Surely they won't air the Block after BB.

How are they going to fit the Block and Big Brother together though? Surely they won't air the Block after BB.
In a way, pushing The Block to the later timeslot instead would probably work more in Nine's favour though. They already have the viewers/ratings and the current season would have established enough for them to move it around that late. Plus, it's a pre-recorded programme, whereas Big Brother relies on consistency.

I don't know. I'm not saying I disagree nor dislike the idea of a 8:30pm show, I just can't foresee Nine doing that - and, on a more important note, doing it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back