Skip to main content

BBUSA: Battle of the Block. In HD. And Color.

ok so I admit to reaching for the tissues tonight and again at the very last when Frankie said "it just got real again" ... it had hit him again that his grandfather is gone ... (dammit where are those tissues!!!!)

Think BBUSA handled that really well - and I thought the most heartbreaking thing was Zach sitting away obviously holding back the tears. You can really tell where friendships are genuine and not just game.

Also thought is was great that for the first time in years they reunited an evictee with their kids. I think that humanisation of the housemate is really important and it's one of my biggest problems with BBUK where the HMs are treated both by producers and the public as "characters" rather than people.

Creepy how it happens in the same week. The big man upstairs must really have been pissed off they stopped Cody putting Caleb on the block! ;)

Devin was on The Sheyld Show this week and it was interesting to hear his take on his OTT behaviour. And how Peter and Alec would handle having him on as a guest considering how much they pissed themselves laughing at him with Spencer the other week.

If anyone is interested ...

I think Global/Slice really missed an opportunity not having the Side Show return to accompany the US run, especially as I think BBUSA is actually a bigger show to them than it is to CBS.

So sad for Derrick. I hope he gets the same treatment as Frankie. It is an odd season for sure. Hard to have much fun and games while planning memorial services.

I think Global/Slice really missed an opportunity not having the Side Show return to accompany the US run, especially as I think BBUSA is actually a bigger show to them than it is to CBS.

Hmmm... HouseGuest Hangout seems to have replaced the Side Show for BBUS... It's completely online and it's obviously cheaper to produce than Side Show was...

So glad Team America failed that challenge though.

Is Zach trying to do an Evil Will and position himself as someone so unstable they'll all take him to the final 2 thinking they can beat him. He is definately one of the more interesting characters this year - and essentially harmless too.

Also finding Caleb really funny - more bunny boiler than lovesick puppy but it is always great when HMs go against type and I think his weeks pining over Amber have essentially carried him through the game so far by making him seem weak rather than strong.

Zach is definitely channeling Dr Will.

I'm disappointed Team America refused the mission. I'm tired of everyone being too afraid to vote their own mind.

Zach is definitely channeling Dr Will.

I'm disappointed Team America refused the mission. I'm tired of everyone being too afraid to vote their own mind.
yes but I can see Donny's point - by placing the blame on 2 innocent housemates they could cause them to be the next in line for eviction which IS very unfair
its one thing for a HM to cause their own demise (did ya get that Devin? hows your daughter btw?) but quite another for a task engineered by BB to bring it about
a bit like how the BBAU task for Xavier to spend a whole day moaning and complaining meant he was up for eviction and left the BB2013 series probably earlier than he would have otherwise

Yep it was Amber - and no she didn't blow up the alliance - wanted to show she WAS a loyal player

Nicole and Donny

Nic is putting up Zack and Jo & Donny is putting up Vic and Caleb

according to live feed chat rooms ( can't get the feeds to actually load but CAN read the chatter )

yes but I can see Donny's point - by placing the blame on 2 innocent housemates they could cause them to be the next in line for eviction which IS very unfair
its one thing for a HM to cause their own demise (did ya get that Devin? hows your daughter btw?) but quite another for a task engineered by BB to bring it about
a bit like how the BBAU task for Xavier to spend a whole day moaning and complaining meant he was up for eviction and left the BB2013 series probably earlier than he would have otherwise
They couldn't care less about innocent HMs they blamed being targetted for eviction (Caleb and Zach aren't so innocent after all) - all they cared is about their own game. More specifically it was Donny who clearly felt it was out of character for him to do that, which it was - although surely he and Derrick could have done the voting and Derrick and Frankie the accussing, so they could have got away with it collectively.

I just really hope Donny isn't too loyal to Team America as without that as a factor I could definately see him backdooring Frankie this week, which would be brilliant.

yes I can see your point Brekkie - I was working off twitter feed rather than having watched the whole ep at that point ... but I still think its a bit of both ... they were protecting their own games by refusing because they would have been putting 2 targets on their backs (the falsely accused would have to be wanting their heads because after all they KNOW it was bullshit)

Seems both HoH's are keen to backdoor Frankie this week, so let's hope it happens. Unlike previous weeks though they've also put big targets on opposing teams on the block.

HoH: Nicole and Donny

Nicole nominated Zach and Jocasta
Donny nominated Caleb and Victoria

Caleb and Victoria won Battle of the Block

Back