Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 26 FINALE Discussion

Well I am a little late to the party but being 19 hours behind and streaming it off Watchseries sans commercials I can only say.....

WHAT A GLORIOUS FINALE!! I thought Kristie was crazy..some of those decisions had me screaming at the computer screen....she certainly was lucky several times, but its like poker...no matter how good....or bad you are you still need lady luck on your side to be the winner.

A fabulous jury performance...from both Kristie, and most of the jury members who hoisted Lee up his own morality petard. This was not the Kristie who sat at most tribal councils with a crazy look on her face mumbling a few incoherent words. That was a Kristie that had planned her responses and was on her game for all the questions fired at her while Lee kept mumbling about honesty and integrity and then lied about his romantic involvement with El after previously responding to her set up charitable question which they had undoubtedly previously planned.

You could...I believe actually see Kristie swaying the votes as the council went on while at the same time Lee was losing them. I dont believe they all went in there intending to vote for her but her responses were so good and Lee's so predictable and poor and... even if Kristie jigged it a bit it was well done and in a believable manner.

As for the production itself I thought it was a GREAT finale...better by far than most of the US ones and I really liked the way they did it. Pags grew on the job and despite IMHO being personally responsible for getting Phoebe voted out was pretty flawless from that point on.

For whoever said that that final immunity was cheap it was a repeat of the final immunity challenge from the very first Survivor US, a classic challenge and the final three did great honour to it.

I for once almost came to tears of joy a couple of times during that episode...and that is really unusual for me, very emotional ep.

Great Job Australia...not without its low points but overall a great beginning to what I hope turns out to be an annual tradition.

Well I am a little late to the party but being 19 hours behind and streaming it off Watchseries sans commercials I can only say.....

WHAT A GLORIOUS FINALE!! I thought Kristie was crazy..some of those decisions had me screaming at the computer screen....she certainly was lucky several times, but its like poker...no matter how good....or bad you are you still need lady luck on your side to be the winner.

A fabulous jury performance...from both Kristie, and most of the jury members who hoisted Lee up his own morality petard. This was not the Kristie who sat at most tribal councils with a crazy look on her face mumbling a few incoherent words. That was a Kristie that had planned her responses and was on her game for all the questions fired at her while Lee kept mumbling about honesty and integrity and then lied about his romantic involvement with El after previously responding to her set up charitable question which they had undoubtedly previously planned.

You could...I believe actually see Kristie swaying the votes as the council went on while at the same time Lee was losing them. I dont believe they all went in there intending to vote for her but her responses were so good and Lee's so predictable and poor and... even if Kristie jigged it a bit it was well done and in a believable manner.

As for the production itself I thought it was a GREAT finale...better by far than most of the US ones and I really liked the way they did it. Pags grew on the job and despite IMHO being personally responsible for getting Phoebe voted out was pretty flawless from that point on.

For whoever said that that final immunity was cheap it was a repeat of the final immunity challenge from the very first Survivor US, a classic challenge and the final three did great honour to it.

I for once almost came to tears of joy a couple of times during that episode...and that is really unusual for me, very emotional ep.

Great Job Australia...not without its low points but overall a great beginning to what I hope turns out to be an annual tradition.

Brilliant post. It was a legendary finale. Even if I try to put my cheering for Kristie aside and look at it objectively, that immunity challenge and that final tribal council performance from Kristie were very good by any standard, and I think the season was far better than any of us had any right to expect.

What a great series and in my opinion a great winner.

Amazing final challenge, Kristie was amazing what a little fighter she is.

I have no problems with the winner,thought the jury played their role in calling out both Lee and Kristie where they should of but ultimately were not a bitter jury and I like that.

Great stuff Ch10.

Well, well, well... probably the best reality show finale I've seen in years.

Lets begin with the Immunity channel and my thought throughout most of that is why on earth is El bothering - whatever happens she'll be making final two. But then she went and Kristie really did make a plea for her dreams - and that really got to me. I also believed every word was genuine - it wasn't just a move to make Lee step down and she had every intention of honouring that deal, knowing that she'd be respected more for taking the stronger threat to the final 2 than taking the easier route. Indeed El arguably had more friends on the jury anyway.

No doubt that Kristie won it hands down at tribal council and although I agree she maybe scripted the story a bit in her favour it is worth noting that she played an individual game throughout, never part of a solid alliance and always moving to where was best for her, even if often making the "big move" (always a move to benefit others more than her though) would have been seemingly the easier short term option. And after the accusations of Lee manipulating her I think it's fair to say she enabled that to happen and used it to her advantage - he had the influence to protect her so she was the last in line of the non-Sanapu eliminees to face the axe - and when they got to the point where she should have gone he turned on Sanapu. If anyone has 26 hours to spare it might be interesting to rewatch the series knowing the outcome and see how differently you view Kristie as a result.

The 8-1 victory was much deserved and actually I'm glad we didn't have a reunion episode - it was great just to end the series on a high rather than dredge up all the post-series bickering. That can come out in the next few days, but tonight it was all about Kristie. Really didn't expect that outcome but it was so damn satisfying, and indeed apart from a lack of scenes of them back at the beach following Flick's elimination and then between the Immunity Challenge and Tribal Council it was pretty much a perfect episode, and so much better in a produced as it happened manner rather than trying to turn it into a live show.

I always watched the US versions(we were really behind) and a few episodes in,would go see who won and how they did it.It didn't take away the enjoyment because then your attention is focused on the winner and you can see all their moves and how they played.You get a total different perspective

North American reaction to the Kristie win was overwhelmingly positive on a popular US board. Most people over there felt the same as those over here and saw through Lee's morality crap and were impressed by Kristie's final immunity win and her awesome jury performance.

You may be interested in some of the comments made here: Ignore the trolls.

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/128590/Wow-new-Australian-Survivor-pretty-good-1st-episode

I hope I can post this link here. If not I apologize and just PM me and I will remove it.

North American reaction to the Kristie win was overwhelmingly positive on a popular US board. Most people over there felt the same as those over here and saw through Lee's morality crap and were impressed by Kristie's final immunity win and her awesome jury performance.

You may be interested in some of the comments made here: Ignore the trolls.

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/128590/Wow-new-Australian-Survivor-pretty-good-1st-episode

I hope I can post this link here. If not I apologize and just PM me and I will remove it.

Thanks. Ignoring all the posts about the hot chicks and their nailability, I'm glad they had positive feedback.

plenty of articles about Kristie and Lee & El's love affair online....
Lee said Kristie won that immunity challenge on merit

I had been wondering if they had filmed 2 outcomes to try and hid the winner, like they do for masterchef,my kitchen rules etc

Phoebe and Brooke have a lot of fans at least in the US.

Also, Kristie said in an interview that she quite extroverted but she played into the introverted part during the game to help her lay low.
She says she was playing all of Australia while she played the game by acting the way she did
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...o-thinking-it-impossible-20161025-gsai8b.html
On learning the number of votes in her favour from Fairfax Media (since two outcomes were filmed), Kristie was shocked: "Oh my god, holy shit, what the f---. Wow, just wow."

Looking at his face as suddenly kristie started showing her game was so funny,you could see the panic in his eyes.

HaHa!!!! VALID!

She not only admitted her part in voting them all out, she was proud of it. There were no grovelling apologies or begging for their vote, and no tears.

VALID!

Did anyone else think Matt sort of looked hot in the last episode?

Matt.png

I always watched the US versions(we were really behind) and a few episodes in,would go see who won and how they did it.It didn't take away the enjoyment because then your attention is focused on the winner and you can see all their moves and how they played.You get a total different perspective

For most people though I think it does take away the enjoyment, which is why you get all the problems with spoiler people spoiling others. A storyline can be created by something being filmed in advance and edited later and of course an audience will try and predict how they think something might turn out. But seeking leaks is different, and I think has particular reasons for those who do it.

I think two things are often behind their agendas (not saying everyone or you, but in general).
1) They often think they are clever for knowing what happens in advance, they have somehow usurped the producers.
2)If they know who wins or does well then they will get behind the winner and say they can't be disappointed and that they support winners. So bandwagoners are particularly attracted to spoilers.

I wish they had asked Lee "what happened (when he came off his posts)?" Some people on the forums seem to think he actually chose to give it away but it really looked like he collapsed off them in utter exhaustion.
Agree. But I saw somewhere that he said he just collapsed.
Anyway, what's the general reaction in Australia to Kristie winning?

Agree. But I saw somewhere that he said he just collapsed.
Anyway, what's the general reaction in Australia to Kristie winning?
If you look at the last few pages of the Survivor thread on Whirlpool you'd think opinion is quite divided, but elsewhere it's been pretty positive.

As I said to my sister earlier, Alpha males winning is so boring. So I'm even more thrilled for Kristie for pulling it off against the odds.

I wish they had asked Lee "what happened (when he came off his posts)?" Some people on the forums seem to think he actually chose to give it away but it really looked like he collapsed off them in utter exhaustion.

...he definitely collapsed and fell... his legs went like jelly and he just fell... he didn't step down and 'give her the win' because on 'The Project' he confessed that he wasn't listening to a word that she was saying to him... I'm in the process of doing a rather big grand final 'storyline' Photoshop at the moment to finish off that thread with a bang and not a whimper and I've seen the footage of Lee just collapsing over and over so believe me... Kristie won that challenge fair and square in my books... cheers.

If you look at the last few pages of the Survivor thread on Whirlpool you'd think opinion is quite divided, but elsewhere it's been pretty positive.

As I said to my sister earlier, Alpha males winning is so boring. So I'm even more thrilled for Kristie for pulling it off against the odds.
Thats an interesting discussion on there. Quite a difference of viewpoint as it seems some people really bought into the Lee" deserving good mate integrity" story and are bitter about Kristie's win. Fun read. Some good points made. Thanks.... whereas in the thread I posted you have to pick through the trash to find the gold nuggets.

For most people though I think it does take away the enjoyment, which is why you get all the problems with spoiler people spoiling others. A storyline can be created by something being filmed in advance and edited later and of course an audience will try and predict how they think something might turn out. But seeking leaks is different, and I think has particular reasons for those who do it.

I think two things are often behind their agendas (not saying everyone or you, but in general).
1) They often think they are clever for knowing what happens in advance, they have somehow usurped the producers.
2)If they know who wins or does well then they will get behind the winner and say they can't be disappointed and that they support winners. So bandwagoners are particularly attracted to spoilers.
for me it was more curiosity,we were years behind so it wasnt like there was anyone to talk about the show with

Back