Skip to main content

A CHALLENGE to Prisus Haters

Oh shiiiiiiit, you are serious. lololololol :biggrin:

I make one throwaway comment about Prizus in a week and that makes obsessed? Riiiiight.
This is a 'hate' thread though, I thought I'll just point that out in case you forgot. ;)

In my defense Kismet, AntiGretel and several other anti Prizus posters have made more regular contributions 'critizicing' Prizus than I have in this past week. :angelic:

So I don't really understand where you're getting this idea that I'm obsessed with Prizus, that's a strange one to me.

Anyway my comments are also tongue-in-cheek if hadn't already notice. Truth be told Prizus herself doesn't bother me that much but seeing how stressed out her fans become when confronted by someone who hasn't drunk Madge's Prizus infused Kool Aid, and who doesn't fawn over her for the littlest thing she does, is PRICELESS. :angelic:

No need to throw me under the bus

No no no

I AM THE FKN BUS !!!

Tickets PLEASE.

PS

FYI

All Priya fans can clearly see that those you have named here alongside me are just sharing witty banter, whereas your tongue in cheek is deep seated passive aggressive jealous words of a pure cunt.

Disassociate yourself from the rest of us and form your own hate island. Population:1

Taps watch. It's 4.49pm.

*giving you a schmacko* Aww..a dog wearing a merkin no less, can tell the time and tap a watch in "Skippy-like" fashion! How precious.

What's your point, sparky? I DID say HOPE TO not will. I am writing a reply Mercy deserves and that is taking me more time than I first thought.

One-liners to your insipid crap are a cake-walk as shown above.

*giving you a schmacko* Aww..a dog wearing a merkin no less, can tell the time and tap a watch in "Skippy-like" fashion! How precious.

What's your point, sparky? I DID say HOPE TO not will. I am writing a reply Mercy deserves and that is taking me more time than I first thought.

One-liners to your insipid crap are a cake-walk as shown above.

Take. Your. Meds.

That is all.

@Mercy. Ty for your patience. I had a family issue crop up yesterday morning which had me place this reply on the back-burner. I will be addressing the points you raised, again in point form, so as to save time and space.

Point 1. I appreciate others see what they assume to be some "profound" level of intelligence in the woman. Words of a "true pristian" I suppose. A such, consider me the Trypho to your Justin. (given Pristianity, I thought that would be punny) I just do not see what the fuss is about. I was correcting false information relating to her schooling specicially. Several Pritians have touted she obtained an Hons.Degree in English from New Delhi University. That's a complete falsehood and frankly, confirmation bias is something I refuse to be part in and it seems that's ALL "Pritians" tend to use it yourself included. I am a stickler for facts. You guys and gals may not be. The fact the Pristians "out there" cannot deal with the reality is not my issue. Third: It IS piss easy to get entry to UNI in AU to become an English Teacher. That's more a slight on the EDU system in Australia than on Priya herself. Now her alleged financial woes in the past really have nothing to do with this.
Also at no point did I ever state Venky's is sub-par, I merely stated the fact, being: it's NOT a University. Fourth: You mention Tim and I counter with Richard Branson and a close second for me would be John Paul DeJoria. Neither have had any formal Tertiary Schooling however, are arguably some of most intelligent living human beings, ever to have walked the earth. Those examples may help you understand why I do NOT see Priya as anything special. I suppose that in part may also allow you to revisit your assumption that I'm Elitist when you also consider I spent a shit ton of $$ voting for Tim last year. He was clever.. she isn't particularly.

Point 2. Again, I cannot and do not see the supposed "important role" she plays in the house.If anything, what many a Pristian claims to be as "unique" insight, is shit she is just parroting that others have said before her and she attempts to palm if off as her own thought. Secondly, I am not one to take social media "vibe" into equation. I have a mind of my own and I make it given the facts, rather than popularity by the assumed masses. Just another logical fallacy being employed in order to sway me? Really. *yawn*
Third: I have no doubt her loved ones miss her greatly and truly miss HER in their lives. I however do not believe for one second Priya is being her TRUE SELF in the house, but rather, an edited version OF herself and that's through necessity given her vocation. I have said it time and time again now that I actually feel sorry for the woman in that regard. No wonder the "wrecking ball" promo crap never came to fruition.

Point 3. You say racism, I say bigotry as it comes down to a lack of wanting to understand anothers position or perspective because you are so rigid and set in your own self "being right", that the actual TRUTH behind a matter will not get through (confirmation bias yet again rearing it's head), no matter their race, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation... etc... Bigotry is more the issue as bigotry is the catalyst... it's ignoranace pure and simple and from where other biases bloom.
The character Priya is in the house to me IS VAPID and it has nothing to do with her ethnicity. I just find her as boring as batshit and not one of her "fans" have shown me anything including actual truth and substance to see anything otherwise IN the character she is being, in the house. Then when I ask "fans" for examples, I am accused of being disingenuous and then invariably ad-homs follow and that happens because it's evident they have no back up.
Case in point: you say "Racism, sexism and anti-intellectualism". That's false equivalency as racism and sexism are biases against the "minority" in the power structure of our society, whereas you'll find that those in power in Australia are all highly educated (from a book smarts perspective). They're really not appropriate to group together. It's like grouping "racism, sexism and heterophobia". Hence my original point of separating book smarts from street smarts. Shall I go on?
As to reality television being "innocuous": it's clear that Candice was clearly hurt by the reality TV antics of Lawson and Cat in the BB house. Another example is Camilla being turkey slapped by the wankstains in the house during her season. It may be entertainment only for you from a very shallow level, but it has effected real people who you don't seem to take into account in your viewing of supposedly "harmless" fun.
Something I have noticed is, the Pristians are near Christian-crusade like in their dealings with those not believing their BS hype. For shit that's supposedly "tongue in cheek", they are certainly taking their own mythology seriously.

Finally, anyone who adds a disclaimer when giving an insult, usually means it to be insulting. It's like someone saying.. don't take offence...but... BLAH...

If there are any other points I may not have covered adequately, please feel free to let me know.

To all the Priya haters, this is a challenge to you:

I have seen very few examples of people giving genuine reasons for not liking Priya, and I would like to welcome anyone who can give a legitimate reason.

I understand that some people might find the Prisus adoration too much for them, but that is not a reason to not like her. The worship of Prisus does not stem from some realistic belief that she is the greatest person in the world. Instead, we idolise her because we can see the great role model that she is for women and men alike.

I figured I would deal with a few of the main arguments I have seen people use to inadequately justify their hatred.

Priya is Manipulative
First off, this is a GAME. Anyone who doesn’t put himself or herself in the best position possible in this game is not playing it well. Skye does so by how she acts; David’s strategy of exposing other people’s strategy is his method. People claim she was somehow acting in bad faith, being a bad person for trying to get Aisha to take the money. Who cares if she did not tell Aisha the truth? She was trying to get herself out of eviction. WE live in a capitalist society for fucks sake. Do you go to the shops and expect that the seller will do what’s in your best interests? NO, people do what puts them in the best position. Human nature is inherently selfish. I am sure that very few people in Priya’s position would have done differently (albeit most of you probably aren’t smart enough to think of this strategy). She plays people for the point of placing herself in the best position. She tried to sell Aisha the idea of leaving, so that she could benefit from not being evicted. Tim manipulated people similarly last year, Tim adores Priya for this reason. This is how Big Brother SHOULD be played.

Priya is Two-Faced
I’ll start with the clip of Priya talking about Clawson from sCat’s nominations to Big Brother. I honestly don’t see what other people would have done. sCat was clearly looking for validation, and Priya did not want to hurt her feelings. I know that it probably would have been better for her to be honest, but I doubt that many people would have done so when they knew they risked making someone more distressed and upset than they already were. Housemates often flat out lie/say white-laws to not hurt each other when a person is seeking validation. Why make them mad? You'll just get nominated.
Secondly, who cares if she planted a seed of distrust in Skye’s mind regarding Leo? She was probably correct. Back to the manipulative idea, she was selling Skye an idea in an attempt to win further loyalty. THAT is game playing, and THAT is what should be done.
Thirdly, people say she jumps from one housemate to the next. Most of the housemates do this. David does it very well too. He goes from getting information on others and reports it back to Ryan or others. Jason obviously did it. Ryan does it too. I don’t see why it’s so frowned upon. Knowledge and gossip is power in this game. People need to get over it. If your excuse is Priya does it more, well then she’s getting the most knowledge and power. Live with it.

Priya isn’t intelligent
Yea, she probably isn’t the smartest person in the world, but she sure as hell is the smartest person in that house. We don’t love her because she is some genius, we love her because she promotes intellectualism, rationale and critical analysis. She is a good example for Australian youth, emphasising that you don’t have to dumb yourself down to be an interesting and likeable person. Young people need more intellectual people as role models, and although she mightn’t be the smartest person in the world, she is probably the closest thing to what could be called a role model on Big Brother 2014.
We have been shown more examples of her having intelligent conversation than other HM’s, and people have been complaining that this kind of conversation is essential to getting to know housemates and we haven't got enough of it. So why complain when we are shown that for one housemate? Make up your mind! Priya plays an important role in the house because she can hold proper conversations with anyone, regardless of whether she likes them. That is a quality that I personally respect highly.

I’d truly like to encourage people of opposing views to post here. BUT, if you cannot give a substantial, rationalised, critically evaluated opinion, do not post it on MY thread. If you have a problem with that, POST ELSWHERE. Looking forward to being able to respect the contrary intelligent opinions of others.

Battle Stations?
@MADONNA
@Lightning McQueen
@iJake
@BBfan-
@Brent
This post.

Holy shit.

Why am I only seeing this for the first time now?!

Make out with me.

Oh shiiiiiiit, you are serious. lololololol :biggrin:

I make one throwaway comment about Prizus in a week and that makes obsessed? Riiiiight.
This is a 'hate' thread though, I thought I'll just point that out in case you forgot. ;)

In my defense Kismet, AntiGretel and several other anti Prizus posters have made more regular contributions 'critizicing' Prizus than I have in this past week. :angelic:

So I don't really understand where you're getting this idea that I'm obsessed with Prizus, that's a strange one to me.

Anyway my comments are also tongue-in-cheek if hadn't already notice. Truth be told Prizus herself doesn't bother me that much but seeing how stressed out her fans become when confronted by someone who hasn't drunk Madge's Prizus infused Kool Aid, and who doesn't fawn over her for the littlest thing she does, is PRICELESS. :angelic:
Haha, I had Kool Aid in mind recently when reading some of the anti anti Prisus stuff earlier this week.

@Mercy. Ty for your patience. I had a family issue crop up yesterday morning which had me place this reply on the back-burner. I will be addressing the points you raised, again in point form, so as to save time and space.

Point 1. I appreciate others see what they assume to be some "profound" level of intelligence in the woman. Words of a "true pristian" I suppose. A such, consider me the Trypho to your Justin. (given Pristianity, I thought that would be punny) I just do not see what the fuss is about. I was correcting false information relating to her schooling specicially. Several Pritians have touted she obtained an Hons.Degree in English from New Delhi University. That's a complete falsehood and frankly, confirmation bias is something I refuse to be part in and it seems that's ALL "Pritians" tend to use it yourself included. I am a stickler for facts. You guys and gals may not be. The fact the Pristians "out there" cannot deal with the reality is not my issue. Third: It IS piss easy to get entry to UNI in AU to become an English Teacher. That's more a slight on the EDU system in Australia than on Priya herself. Now her alleged financial woes in the past really have nothing to do with this.
Also at no point did I ever state Venky's is sub-par, I merely stated the fact, being: it's NOT a University. Fourth: You mention Tim and I counter with Richard Branson and a close second for me would be John Paul DeJoria. Neither have had any formal Tertiary Schooling however, are arguably some of most intelligent living human beings, ever to have walked the earth. Those examples may help you understand why I do NOT see Priya as anything special. I suppose that in part may also allow you to revisit your assumption that I'm Elitist when you also consider I spent a shit ton of $$ voting for Tim last year. He was clever.. she isn't particularly.

Point 2. Again, I cannot and do not see the supposed "important role" she plays in the house.If anything, what many a Pristian claims to be as "unique" insight, is shit she is just parroting that others have said before her and she attempts to palm if off as her own thought. Secondly, I am not one to take social media "vibe" into equation. I have a mind of my own and I make it given the facts, rather than popularity by the assumed masses. Just another logical fallacy being employed in order to sway me? Really. *yawn*
Third: I have no doubt her loved ones miss her greatly and truly miss HER in their lives. I however do not believe for one second Priya is being her TRUE SELF in the house, but rather, an edited version OF herself and that's through necessity given her vocation. I have said it time and time again now that I actually feel sorry for the woman in that regard. No wonder the "wrecking ball" promo crap never came to fruition.

Point 3. You say racism, I say bigotry as it comes down to a lack of wanting to understand anothers position or perspective because you are so rigid and set in your own self "being right", that the actual TRUTH behind a matter will not get through (confirmation bias yet again rearing it's head), no matter their race, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation... etc... Bigotry is more the issue as bigotry is the catalyst... it's ignoranace pure and simple and from where other biases bloom.
The character Priya is in the house to me IS VAPID and it has nothing to do with her ethnicity. I just find her as boring as batshit and not one of her "fans" have shown me anything including actual truth and substance to see anything otherwise IN the character she is being, in the house. Then when I ask "fans" for examples, I am accused of being disingenuous and then invariably ad-homs follow and that happens because it's evident they have no back up.
Case in point: you say "Racism, sexism and anti-intellectualism". That's false equivalency as racism and sexism are biases against the "minority" in the power structure of our society, whereas you'll find that those in power in Australia are all highly educated (from a book smarts perspective). They're really not appropriate to group together. It's like grouping "racism, sexism and heterophobia". Hence my original point of separating book smarts from street smarts. Shall I go on?
As to reality television being "innocuous": it's clear that Candice was clearly hurt by the reality TV antics of Lawson and Cat in the BB house. Another example is Camilla being turkey slapped by the wankstains in the house during her season. It may be entertainment only for you from a very shallow level, but it has effected real people who you don't seem to take into account in your viewing of supposedly "harmless" fun.
Something I have noticed is, the Pristians are near Christian-crusade like in their dealings with those not believing their BS hype. For shit that's supposedly "tongue in cheek", they are certainly taking their own mythology seriously.

Finally, anyone who adds a disclaimer when giving an insult, usually means it to be insulting. It's like someone saying.. don't take offence...but... BLAH...

If there are any other points I may not have covered adequately, please feel free to let me know.

I really really enjoyed your post. For the most part, I completely understand where you are coming from.

However, in regards to: "The character Priya is in the house to me IS VAPID and it has nothing to do with her ethnicity. I just find her as boring as batshit and not one of her "fans" have shown me anything including actual truth and substance to see anything otherwise IN the character she is being, in the house. Then when I ask "fans" for examples, I am accused of being disingenuous and then invariably ad-homs follow and that happens because it's evident they have no back up."

Well you've just expressed an opinion, one you are very welcome to have, but then asked for truth and substance. I'm sure you don't mean to say it, but it sure seems you are saying a favourable opinion on Priya, solely based on opinion, is not legitimate.

I have personally expressed in depth reasons for why I like her. I am not going to do your homework for you and find these. You don't have to agree with me, and other posters, but you can't say we haven't said anything of substance. You've just chosen to ignore them and disagree. My OP clearly did what you asked, and is what I asked of others. I'm not going to debate who else managed, but I would definitely say you have as well.

Anyway, I think you need to give up this pursuit of Pristians and agree to disagree. I think it's become ridiculous. You ignore what others say, and others ignore what you say. It won't be resolved. I'd welcome everyone who has something new to commit, including you, to do so. I'm not saying people shouldn't post here. Let's please not just run around in circles.

Last edited:
I really really enjoyed your post. For the most part, I completely understand where you are coming from.

However, in regards to: "The character Priya is in the house to me IS VAPID and it has nothing to do with her ethnicity. I just find her as boring as batshit and not one of her "fans" have shown me anything including actual truth and substance to see anything otherwise IN the character she is being, in the house. Then when I ask "fans" for examples, I am accused of being disingenuous and then invariably ad-homs follow and that happens because it's evident they have no back up."

Well you've just expressed an opinion, one you are very welcome to have, but then asked for truth and substance. I'm sure you don't mean to say it, but it sure seems you are saying a favourable opinion on Priya, solely based on opinion, is not legitimate.

I have personally expressed in depth reasons for why I like her. I am not going to do your homework for you and find these. You don't have to agree with me, and other posters, but you can't say we haven't said anything of substance. You've just chosen to ignore them and disagree. My OP clearly did what you asked, and is what I asked of others. I'm not going to debate who else managed, but I would definitely say you have as well.

Anyway, I think you need to give up this pursuit of Pristians and agree to disagree. I think it's become ridiculous. You ignore what others say, and others ignore what you say. It won't be resolved. I'd welcome everyone who has something new to commit, including you, to do so. Let's please not just run around in circles.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Apparently you didn't understand my Trypho and Justin reference. That's all good.

I don't ignore what others say. I break it down and reply point-by-point, though I definitely do feel like quite a few of my points are misconstrued at best and outright ignored at worst. If anything, it seems a lot of Priya fans tend to "read into" an assumed intention instead of actually reading the points. It's defensive from the blocks to the finish line (a bit of Melbourne Cup brevity if you can handle that:p).

Bitch Please. Prisus is the one and only anyone trying to challenge her will perish in hell....WITH LISA!
*Snaps Fingers* Don't ever talk bad about Prisus like that!

@Mercy

Point 1. I appreciate others see what they assume to be some "profound" level of intelligence in the woman. Words of a "true pristian" I suppose. A such, consider me the Trypho to your Justin. (given Pristianity, I thought that would be punny) I just do not see what the fuss is about. I was correcting false information relating to her schooling specicially. Several Pritians have touted she obtained an Hons.Degree in English from New Delhi University. That's a complete falsehood and frankly, confirmation bias is something I refuse to be part in and it seems that's ALL "Pritians" tend to use it yourself included. I am a stickler for facts. You guys and gals may not be. The fact the Pristians "out there" cannot deal with the reality is not my issue.

Yes, I am very aware that you do not see the fuss. That’s perfectly fine. I appreciate others see what they assume to be a lack of intelligence in the woman. I don’t. This is Big Brother. Opinion is perfectly fine, so I don’t see the point in slinging our opinion of Priya back and forth, it’s clear we don’t agree. That really isn’t what bothers me. Your original argument was against a point I made regarding people hating Priya because she represents an intelligent voice in the house. You tried to use her education and a comparison to Cat and David to try and dismiss that. You want to talk about confirmation bias? How about you interpreting her attending a constitutional college of the University of New Delhi to obtain her degree as proof of her lack of intelligence? Just because you can appreciate that there are clever people out there who DON’T hold a degree, the fact still remains that her education was what you used as your primary argument against her intelligence.

And for your information, I have not made any false claims whatsoever about where she was educated. I have only gone by what you have already stated. I can deal with the reality, and so can Priya because it’s really nothing for her to be ashamed of.

Third: It IS piss easy to get entry to UNI in AU to become an English Teacher. That's more a slight on the EDU system in Australia than on Priya herself. Now her alleged financial woes in the past really have nothing to do with this.

How easy a university course is to get into is driven by demand. That’s just the way the system works. You can’t dismiss the intellectual merits of a course or of the people studying said course just because it’s “easy to get into”. Why do you hold English teachers in such low regard? What a shame that you never had the opportunity to appreciate just how brilliant a good English teacher can be.

Priya is open about her financial struggles, you are kidding yourself if you can’t see how a person’s financial situation will not factor into choices they make about their education. The fact that there was greater opportunity for her in Australia was part of why she moved here in the first place.

Also at no point did I ever state Venky's is sub-par, I merely stated the fact, being: it's NOT a University.

No, but you certainly implied it.

“had to settle”…

“received ‘honours’…”

You used her attendance there to argue against her intelligence. If you don’t think of it as sub-par, then why use it to argue against her intelligence in the first place? I can accept that you don’t think she’s intelligent based on what you have seen in the house, what I can’t accept is you using THIS as your primary argument against it.

Fourth: You mention Tim and I counter with Richard Branson and a close second for me would be John Paul DeJoria. Neither have had any formal Tertiary Schooling however, are arguably some of most intelligent living human beings, ever to have walked the earth. Those examples may help you understand why I do NOT see Priya as anything special. I suppose that in part may also allow you to revisit your assumption that I'm Elitist when you also consider I spent a shit ton of $$ voting for Tim last year. He was clever.. she isn't particularly.

An opinion which you are perfectly entitled to, but that does not make mine any less valid. You seem to think we honestly believe she’s the smartest woman in the world. We don’t. She doesn’t need to meet the same world class standards as a billionaire for her to be considered intelligent. We think she is intelligent based on what we have seen of her and that is just one of many reasons for why we like her. I brought up Tim because you attempted to dismiss her intelligence based on where she earned her degree and what field she earned it in. If you hadn’t done that, there wouldn’t be an issue. Just because you don’t see it, doesn’t mean others can’t. Her perceived intelligence has been used as a basis for mistrusting her and making negative assumptions her intentions by many people (mostly on Facebook). That was the original point I made that prompted you to reply to me in the first place. I never once assumed you were elitist. I stated that using this as your argument comes across as elitist, even if it’s not your intention. You are making assumptions about my intent once again, when I’ve already clarified it.

Point 2. Again, I cannot and do not see the supposed "important role" she plays in the house. If anything, what many a Pristian claims to be as "unique" insight, is shit she is just parroting that others have said before her and she attempts to palm if off as her own thought. Secondly, I am not one to take social media "vibe" into equation. I have a mind of my own and I make it given the facts, rather than popularity by the assumed masses. Just another logical fallacy being employed in order to sway me? Really. *yawn*

You’ve already made this abundantly clear. Argument ad nauseum. Just another logical fallacy being employed to tire me out so you can prove yourself right by default? Really? *yawn*. See? I can be patronising too. I don’t care about swaying you one way or another. If you believe I base my liking of Priya on social media bandwagoning, you’re deluded. I too have a mind of my own. You made a point about her being boring, lacking presence to the point of you forgetting she’s in the house. The social media remark was used to make a point that there are many people who do feel her presence. It doesn’t make your opinion invalid, I was showing you that it’s not the only valid one.

That’s perfectly fine. I don’t expect you to. If you’ve come to that conclusion based on what you’ve seen of her, it’s a valid opinion, as is mine. Plenty of people do though, enough to vote her into the top four. You know my opinion, and I know yours, this really should be the end of it.

You’re just arguing semantics here. Racism falls under the banner of bigotry and yes, some of the comments I have seen being thrown around regarding Priya are very much racist. Sexism may come into play to a lesser degree, but a lot of hatred and mistrust I see for her from the general public is racially based.

We do provide examples. CONSTANTLY. It isn’t our job to convince you to like Priya. If you think the examples we’ve provided aren’t convincing enough, that’s fine, but we can’t keep writing an essay every damn time you cry about wanting more proof. Do you want us to cite some peer reviewed journal articles that prove everything we say about her? You’re not going to get them, because they don’t exist. These are opinions we've made based on the footage we've seen, which is all we have to go off. You’ve seen the same footage, but came to a different conclusion. Naturally, the examples we give aren’t going to convince you.

Do you think I really believe your “apathy” towards her is racially motivated? No. I’ve made that clear to you already, so stop trying to spin my words that way. My original point was that a lot of people are dismissing her and serving her actual HATRED based on her race, so if you are as indifferent towards her as you claim to be, then you should realise that it doesn’t apply to you. If you want to believe it’s an ad hominem attack on you when I’ve clarified many times that it isn’t even about you, then it becomes your problem and not mine.

Case in point: you say "Racism, sexism and anti-intellectualism". That's false equivalency as racism and sexism are biases against the "minority" in the power structure of our society, whereas you'll find that those in power in Australia are all highly educated (from a book smarts perspective). They're really not appropriate to group together. It's like grouping "racism, sexism and heterophobia". Hence my original point of separating book smarts from street smarts.

Society isn’t homogenous. You can be intelligent and racist. Intelligent and sexist. Stupid and racist. Stupid and sexist. Stupid and non-sexist, stupid and non-racist, intelligent and non-racist, intelligent and non-sexist. They are all pervasive in society and they all overlap to different degrees at different levels of society. You’re simplifying the issue by thinking only certain groups can hold certain biases, just as I probably oversimplified things by making a broad generalization about the attitudes of the average Australian. Women can hold sexist attitudes about women and belonging to a marginalized race doesn’t make you immune to holding racist beliefs. Bringing this back to the original point I made about Priya, I’ve seen people serve her hatred based on varying degrees of all three of these things, so the point I made point still stands.

Shall I go on?

Yes, please. Continue to SCHOOL with such undeniable TRUTHS.

You conveniently omitted the “relatively” part. That’s kind of important. Yes, people get hurt, but if you think a reality TV show in any way shape or form is of real world consequence in the grand scheme of things, you’re kidding yourself. You keep trying to dismiss me by calling out so called “logical fallacies”, yet here you are doing the exact same thing with an ad hominem attack, attempting to dismiss my intelligence and discredit the validity of the things I say by attempting to stick me with labels such as “shallow” and bringing into question my empathy. You did the same thing in your last post by subtly dismissing me based on my age. "Perhaps those of a younger demographic, (than I) find her appealing. *shrug*"

So WISE, so much more LIFE EXPERIENCE than me. Silly young me, so shallow and naïve! Don’t go thinking the patronising tone of your posts is lost on me. You’re finding random things I say to take out of context to start new arguments where there are none so as to derail the argument from what it originally was about. STRAW MAN FALLACY.

I’m not trying to convince you to buy into the hype. I don’t really care about your opinion of Priya. I’m defending myself. I have that right when you choose to take things I say out of context and make negative assumptions about my intent.

Except I haven’t personally insulted you in anything I’ve previously written, nor did I intend to and I’ve made that abundantly clear. You assumed I was, and so I defended myself and tried to clarify things. I didn’t want you to assume things, which you HAVE A TENDENCY TO DO.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Apparently you didn't understand my Trypho and Justin reference. That's all good.

I don't ignore what others say. I break it down and reply point-by-point, though I definitely do feel like quite a few of my points are misconstrued at best and outright ignored at worst. If anything, it seems a lot of Priya fans tend to "read into" an assumed intention instead of actually reading the points. It's defensive from the blocks to the finish line (a bit of Melbourne Cup brevity if you can handle that
clip_image001.png
).

I could say the same for you. You have deliberately misconstrued several of the points I’ve made to try and dismiss my position. Read my post, I’ve pointed it out for you. You don’t break it down point-by-point, you pick out things that you can spin to suit your agenda so you can distract people from the fact you’re ignoring/dismissing the actual points I do make.

This whole entire argument started with YOU making assumptions about my post. You invited me to defend my position. Of course it’s defensive. Don’t try and dismiss my arguments by brushing them off as being “defensive”. If sticking up for yourself is called defence, then I’m defensive as hell.

PRIFENCE PRIFENCE PRIFENCE.

Yes, I am very aware that you do not see the fuss. That’s perfectly fine. I appreciate others see what they assume to be a lack of intelligence in the woman. I don’t. This is Big Brother. Opinion is perfectly fine, so I don’t see the point in slinging our opinion of Priya back and forth, it’s clear we don’t agree. That really isn’t what bothers me. Your original argument was against a point I made regarding people hating Priya because she represents an intelligent voice in the house. You tried to use her education and a comparison to Cat and David to try and dismiss that. You want to talk about confirmation bias? How about you interpreting her attending a constitutional college of the University of New Delhi to obtain her degree as proof of her lack of intelligence? Just because you can appreciate that there are clever people out there who DON’T hold a degree, the fact still remains that her education was what you used as your primary argument against her intelligence.

And for your information, I have not made any false claims whatsoever about where she was educated. I have only gone by what you have already stated. I can deal with the reality, and so can Priya because it’s really nothing for her to be ashamed of.

How easy a university course is to get into is driven by demand. That’s just the way the system works. You can’t dismiss the intellectual merits of a course or of the people studying said course just because it’s “easy to get into”. Why do you hold English teachers in such low regard? What a shame that you never had the opportunity to appreciate just how brilliant a good English teacher can be.

Priya is open about her financial struggles, you are kidding yourself if you can’t see how a person’s financial situation will not factor into choices they make about their education. The fact that there was greater opportunity for her in Australia was part of why she moved here in the first place.

No, but you certainly implied it.

“had to settle”…

“received ‘honours’…”

You used her attendance there to argue against her intelligence. If you don’t think of it as sub-par, then why use it to argue against her intelligence in the first place? I can accept that you don’t think she’s intelligent based on what you have seen in the house, what I can’t accept is you using THIS as your primary argument against it.

An opinion which you are perfectly entitled to, but that does not make mine any less valid. You seem to think we honestly believe she’s the smartest woman in the world. We don’t. She doesn’t need to meet the same world class standards as a billionaire for her to be considered intelligent. We think she is intelligent based on what we have seen of her and that is just one of many reasons for why we like her. I brought up Tim because you attempted to dismiss her intelligence based on where she earned her degree and what field she earned it in. If you hadn’t done that, there wouldn’t be an issue. Just because you don’t see it, doesn’t mean others can’t. Her perceived intelligence has been used as a basis for mistrusting her and making negative assumptions her intentions by many people (mostly on Facebook). That was the original point I made that prompted you to reply to me in the first place. I never once assumed you were elitist. I stated that using this as your argument comes across as elitist, even if it’s not your intention. You are making assumptions about my intent once again, when I’ve already clarified it.

You’ve already made this abundantly clear. Argument ad nauseum. Just another logical fallacy being employed to tire me out so you can prove yourself right by default? Really? *yawn*. See? I can be patronising too. I don’t care about swaying you one way or another. If you believe I base my liking of Priya on social media bandwagoning, you’re deluded. I too have a mind of my own. You made a point about her being boring, lacking presence to the point of you forgetting she’s in the house. The social media remark was used to make a point that there are many people who do feel her presence. It doesn’t make your opinion invalid, I was showing you that it’s not the only valid one.

That’s perfectly fine. I don’t expect you to. If you’ve come to that conclusion based on what you’ve seen of her, it’s a valid opinion, as is mine. Plenty of people do though, enough to vote her into the top four. You know my opinion, and I know yours, this really should be the end of it.

You’re just arguing semantics here. Racism falls under the banner of bigotry and yes, some of the comments I have seen being thrown around regarding Priya are very much racist. Sexism may come into play to a lesser degree, but a lot of hatred and mistrust I see for her from the general public is racially based.

We do provide examples. CONSTANTLY. It isn’t our job to convince you to like Priya. If you think the examples we’ve provided aren’t convincing enough, that’s fine, but we can’t keep writing an essay every damn time you cry about wanting more proof. Do you want us to cite some peer reviewed journal articles that prove everything we say about her? You’re not going to get them, because they don’t exist. These are opinions we've made based on the footage we've seen, which is all we have to go off. You’ve seen the same footage, but came to a different conclusion. Naturally, the examples we give aren’t going to convince you.

Do you think I really believe your “apathy” towards her is racially motivated? No. I’ve made that clear to you already, so stop trying to spin my words that way. My original point was that a lot of people are dismissing her and serving her actual HATRED based on her race, so if you are as indifferent towards her as you claim to be, then you should realise that it doesn’t apply to you. If you want to believe it’s an ad hominem attack on you when I’ve clarified many times that it isn’t even about you, then it becomes your problem and not mine.
Nice post x

Society isn’t homogenous. You can be intelligent and racist. Intelligent and sexist. Stupid and racist. Stupid and sexist. Stupid and non-sexist, stupid and non-racist, intelligent and non-racist, intelligent and non-sexist. They are all pervasive in society and they all overlap to different degrees at different levels of society. You’re simplifying the issue by thinking only certain groups can hold certain biases, just as I probably oversimplified things by making a broad generalization about the attitudes of the average Australian. Women can hold sexist attitudes about women and belonging to a marginalized race doesn’t make you immune to holding racist beliefs. Bringing this back to the original point I made about Priya, I’ve seen people serve her hatred based on varying degrees of all three of these things, so the point I made point still stands.

Yes, please. Continue to SCHOOL with such undeniable TRUTHS.

You conveniently omitted the “relatively” part. That’s kind of important. Yes, people get hurt, but if you think a reality TV show in any way shape or form is of real world consequence in the grand scheme of things, you’re kidding yourself. You keep trying to dismiss me by calling out so called “logical fallacies”, yet here you are doing the exact same thing with an ad hominem attack, attempting to dismiss my intelligence and discredit the validity of the things I say by attempting to stick me with labels such as “shallow” and bringing into question my empathy. You did the same thing in your last post by subtly dismissing me based on my age. "Perhaps those of a younger demographic, (than I) find her appealing. *shrug*"

So WISE, so much more LIFE EXPERIENCE than me. Silly young me, so shallow and naïve! Don’t go thinking the patronising tone of your posts is lost on me. You’re finding random things I say to take out of context to start new arguments where there are none so as to derail the argument from what it originally was about. STRAW MAN FALLACY.

I’m not trying to convince you to buy into the hype. I don’t really care about your opinion of Priya. I’m defending myself. I have that right when you choose to take things I say out of context and make negative assumptions about my intent.

Except I haven’t personally insulted you in anything I’ve previously written, nor did I intend to and I’ve made that abundantly clear. You assumed I was, and so I defended myself and tried to clarify things. I didn’t want you to assume things, which you HAVE A TENDENCY TO DO.

I could say the same for you. You have deliberately misconstrued several of the points I’ve made to try and dismiss my position. Read my post, I’ve pointed it out for you. You don’t break it down point-by-point, you pick out things that you can spin to suit your agenda so you can distract people from the fact you’re ignoring/dismissing the actual points I do make.

This whole entire argument started with YOU making assumptions about my post. You invited me to defend my position. Of course it’s defensive. Don’t try and dismiss my arguments by brushing them off as being “defensive”. If sticking up for yourself is called defence, then I’m defensive as hell.

PRIFENCE PRIFENCE PRIFENCE.

Is this love

Is this love

Is this love

Is this love

...that I'm feeling?

Back