Skip to main content

Your favourite recipe

I made the cake @Kismet suggested but using bananas instead (ran out of walnuts). I also used two eggs because that's all I had left lol.

Quite nice! Hardly any was left! And even with the slight over baking (because with kids, I can forget anything!)

Toast it and then put butter on it... Yum!

GetAttachment.aspx

Glad it was good!! :)How EASY is it!!?? :thumbsup:

ok my Zucchini Walnut Loaf is in the Oven.

I added some Cinnamon and Nutmeg as I sort of remember adding those, years ago!

Also, my mix was WAY too much for the loaf tin specified, so it is going to be more like a Rectangular cake!

Got a commercial kitchen here, but no real cake tins, so I used a SS bain-marie type tin. So it is double the size of the loaf, but won't be as tall, if you get the idea. I'll ice it tomorrow and share some pics.

The uncooked mix tasted like I remember, so I am hanging out to have a cooked slice :)

Also, my mix was WAY too much for the loaf tin specified, so it is going to be more like a Rectangular cake!

Got a commercial kitchen here, but no real cake tins, so I used a SS bain-marie type tin. So it is double the size of the loaf, but won't be as tall, if you get the idea. I'll ice it tomorrow and share some pics.

The uncooked mix tasted like I remember, so I am hanging out to have a cooked slice :)

I look forward to seeing the pics. :)

Oh I can't wait to see your pics! I was actually just thinking about making a loaf because I've got so much Zucchini..... I better leave it till tomorrow tho I don't want to wake people up with all the noise I'll make...

How much Cin and Nutmeg did you use? I might put these in tomorrow when I make the loaf....

I'm so happy that I posted that recipe... :)

Oh I can't wait to see your pics! I was actually just thinking about making a loaf because I've got so much Zucchini..... I better leave it till tomorrow tho I don't want to wake people up with all the noise I'll make...

How much Cin and Nutmeg did you use? I might put these in tomorrow when I make the loaf....

I'm so happy that I posted that recipe... :)

Have taken out of the oven pics - had to reduce temp to 170 (fan forced convention one I used) after I saw the top starting to crack........... when it cools, I'll take a couple more. Main recipient doesn't want the Icing :( Well, I might make something with the yogurt and lemon and icing sugar, that you can scrape on like Jam or Cream.

Only cooked for 50mins didn't rise as much as I remember but looks amazing!

I even looked up to see if I can give a slice to the Birthday Girl, my girlie doggie - Joy. Gonna give her a taste ;) xxxx

Bolognaise Sauce

This is without question the richest, bestest bolognaise sauce, for use on spaghetti or in lasagna that I or any in my acquaintance have ever eaten.

Mince
Olive Oil
Garlic
Onions
(bacon, capsicum, celery)
Ground black pepper
Tinned Italian tomatoes
Tomato paste
Beef stock
(red wine - cab sav or something heavy)
Rosemary, oregano, (thyme, basil, majoram)

Fry the mince in the oil. Season it with a little too much black pepper. Now, fry it a lot. You know how the outside of a rissole is much tastier than the grey innards? You want every grain of mince to be like a small rissole, browned on the outside. Be patient, and do this step properly. Brown the mince so each grain is browned. Then, when the sauce is stewing, all that caramelised meat goodness will go into the sauce. Mmm.

Fry garlic, onions and (if you want) bacon, thinly slivered capsicum or celery. I almost always use the bacon, sometime the capsicum and occasionally a little celery.

Add mince. Stir. Add Tomatoes and paste. Stir. Add beef stock (usually I pour it in from one of the tomato tins.) You can replace half of the stock with vino, or just chuck in the wine too. Go by sense of smell. Add herbs. Stir.

Leave it the hell alone for at least a few hours, stirring occasionally, watching the bottom doesn't stick etc. Add water to maintain consistency, if necessary.

Taste - a piece of buttered bread is good. Try not to drool.

Yummy. And even better after a night in the fridge.

I am making this in the morning.Will let you the outcome. TY for the recipe. :)

got some salmon today, so hoping to try you delight for dindins tomorrow night

Hope you enjoy it.

PS: Don't forget to check that all the bones are taken out. If not it' not a problem, just don't choke on them.

Thank you for that, @Inigo Montoya.

Godammnit, I love chilli. I love the pain of eating a chilli. It makes me feel good.

http://cookienameddesire.com/chocolate-chili-ice-cream-recipe/

Happy to help, I really love this recipe because of the beans and I also do love chilli as well...

Do you eat any animal (including fish) proteins at all?

I do eat meat, I had a bread roll with Tuna on it for lunch and tonight I am having Hamburgers. I do try to eat meals that don't have meat in it whenever I can.

Happy to help, I really love this recipe because of the beans and I also do love chilli as well...

I do eat meat, I had a bread roll with Tuna on it for lunch and tonight I am having Hamburgers. I do try to eat meals that don't have meat in it whenever I can.

Personally, I could quite happily live on salads or veggie melanges, whether roasted or steamed.

I have some pretty killer vegetarian recipes I have worked if you would like them? A lot of them have a mushroom though as I love mushrooms so try to be as creative as I can be with them.

Personally, I could quite happily live on salads or veggie melanges, whether roasted or steamed.

I have some pretty killer vegetarian recipes I have worked if you would like them? A lot of them have a mushroom though as I love mushrooms so try to be as creative as I can be with them.
Oh yes please that would be great :), my brothers GF is coming to Australia for Christmas and will be staying with us, as she is a vegetarian I need to find a few good recipes to make for her....

Oh yes please that would be great :), my brothers GF is coming to Australia for Christmas and will be staying with us, as she is a vegetarian I need to find a few good recipes to make for her....

Ok will do so tomorrow as that is my Sunday. Even if not to go OTT on the thread itself, perhaps I can PM some your way?:)

Back