Skip to main content

Your favourite recipe

OMG ......... The Zucchini Loaf!!!!!!! I used to make this all the time - years ago and lost the damn recipe and THIS IS THE ONE!!!!!! I even did some searches on Google and never found it - BUT here, I find IT!!!!!!!!!

I am over the moon! This is awesome tasting ..........

Lemon & Yogurt Icing works a treat with this one

I love you Inigo xxxxxx

OMG ......... The Zucchini Loaf!!!!!!! I used to make this all the time - years ago and lost the damn recipe and THIS IS THE ONE!!!!!! I even did some searches on Google and never found it - BUT here, I find IT!!!!!!!!!

I am over the moon! This is awesome tasting ..........

Lemon & Yogurt Icing works a treat with this one

I love you Inigo xxxxxx
Oh this is awesome! I'm so happy that this has helped you out.... It's from a women's weekly recipe book. I'm actually eating a slice right now as a midnight snack.

If you are roasting, regardless of the meat, can I just recommend rubbing the spuds in duck fat or goose fat before you roast them.

Golden on the outside, fluffy in the middle.

If you are roasting, regardless of the meat, can I just recommend rubbing the spuds in duck fat or goose fat before you roast them.

Golden on the outside, fluffy in the middle.

I just asked whether bone in or bone out as the process is different and a shorter time is needed for a fillet piece

Let's go with beef.

Whether it's a bone in roast or a fillet, never start cooking it until it's rested at room temperature for at least 45 mins. If you do, it will seize up in the cooking process and make the beef tough and even resting it after cooking will not save it.

Depending on your own palate, there are a lot of different herbs, spices or even mustards you could use to give your roast more "oomph".
I personally like dry rubs over wet and I usually use with beef, a mix of rock/sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder and then rub that into the meat, put it into a large ziplock bag with sprigs of fresh thyme and let those flavours permeate for a few hours in the fridge.

For a standing roast, approximately 2.5kg in weight, preheat your oven to 190c (if fanforced), 200degc if not. Has to be a hot oven.
Pop your standing roast into a baking dish, on a rack if you like and cook on that temperature for an hour. Then, turn the oven off and leave the roast in there. DO NOT open the door and let it be for 3 hours. Then, 40 mins before you want to serve it, put the oven on again to that temp (190c) and continue the cooking process. This will also accommodate you cooking your roasted vegies if that's what you are having with it. The core temp of the meat should be around 65ish degc, which will give you an awesome medium rare roast. Take the beef out and rest, covered in foil for 15 mins before slicing.

Just have to do some work, but will come back and post a fillet method.

I made the cake @Kismet suggested but using bananas instead (ran out of walnuts). I also used two eggs because that's all I had left lol.

Quite nice! Hardly any was left! And even with the slight over baking (because with kids, I can forget anything!)

Toast it and then put butter on it... Yum!

GetAttachment.aspx

Next to attack the lemon meringue (think I'll have to wait to do my groceries Monday though)

I'll see what I can find. I usually avoid beef roasts because I can never get good flavours with them

Bolar Blade roasts, even though they are a cheaper cut, are far more forgiving than more expensive cuts and not as fiddly to work with. I always freak out when I am using a sirloin cut to roast as one minute over the cooking time, and it's lost. ( I am very picky with how I like my beef cooked) If you can get an MSA grade Blade roast, then all the better, it's a never fail chunk of meat.:thumbsup:

Bolar Roast.

As with the other example rest at room temp for 45 or so minutes. While this is happening, you can preheat your oven to 200c again (or 190c fanforced) and then roughly chop a couple of brown onions, a couple of carrots, a garlic bulb and even some celery to make a little bed for your roast. Set aside. On the stovetop hob on a medium heat, place the baking dish you will be using and add a glug of oil (your choice, but not sesame..) and a tablespoon of butter and sear the meat on all sides to seal. Remove from the heat and remove the meat momentarily and put the cut vegies and garlic, along with a few sprigs of thyme. Add 60ml of water or red wine or beef stock. Place the roast on top and season with sea/rock salt and pepper to your personal taste.

Stick it in the oven, baste the meat occasionally. A 1kg piece will take around 45 mins to cook if you like it medium rare, around 55 for medium and if you like it well done, just over an hour.

Rest the meat for 15 mins, again, covered loosely with a foil tent.

The pan juices can be used to make a nice gravy. Just strain it through a fine sieve and discard the veggie/garlic/thyme bed, put it back in the pan add a little flour (I use cornflour as I like glossy "looking" gravies.) add water or stock or red wine as you need, perhaps a little more salt and pepper to taste and it's done!

:)

Back