Skip to main content

Wtf Ryan tonight?

gracegrace

He was SO argumentative at the dinner party! Completely picking fights, why??
E.g. Going on about how he didn't believe Priya re being mad about an intruder winning, then after Priya asked everyone to respect Skye's opinion, Ryan goes "nobody said we didn't respect it Priya" in that argumentative tone.....

This is what I didn't like about him before. How can he not realise he drove Priya to that comment after being so flat out rude before.

His behaviour is so uncalled for and unnecessary. Does he not realise what he's doing or is he intentionslly picking fights or what UGH intentionally picking fights.

His manner is very blunt. He's kinda funny sometimes (never as much as in the hotel task though) but overall he seems quite bitchy for the sake of elevating himself above others.
I just don't get why he does it though. He goes on about how non-confrontational he is but then does that blunt thing. It seems silly from a strategic point because he is perhaps elevating himself in his mind but surely frustrating others/maybe the public?

It could've been the editing to make him look bad.

Travis's "stop talking" to Priya kinda pissed me off. It could've been a banter as she didn't react to it, but it did seem harsh. Again, the editing plays a big role nowadays. Maybe they deliberately made Priya look like a victim (I'm a fan and I'd admit this - so who knows).

I just don't get why he does it though. He goes on about how non-confrontational he is but then does that blunt thing. It seems silly from a strategic point because he is perhaps elevating himself in his mind but surely frustrating others/maybe the public?

I think maybe in his mind its his way of getting his point in without starting a larger argument, so he says his little snarky piece but cuts off the conversation with the blunt rudeness of his comment

He was SO argumentative at the dinner party! Completely picking fights, why??
E.g. Going on about how he didn't believe Priya re being mad about an intruder winning, then after Priya asked everyone to respect Skye's opinion, Ryan goes "nobody said we didn't respect it Priya" in that argumentative tone.....

This is what I didn't like about him before. How can he not realise he drove Priya to that comment after being so flat out rude before.

His behaviour is so uncalled for and unnecessary. Does he not realise what he's doing or is he intentionslly picking fights or what UGH intentionally picking fights.

It would make for a very boring show if they all nodded and smiled for two hours at each others opinions at the dinner table. You can't have your cake too Grace :) Oh and like @Shackles said. Editing/context and we probably missed the 2 hours before when Priya most likely got on his nerves and elicited that reaction...

The reason he does this is simply because he can.

This happens all the time in real life. In a group, there's always a dominant person that mostly everyone seeks approval from. People don't cross the "leader" because they fear they'll be ostracised from the group altogether. It's exactly what's happening here.

Lisa was very much the same. No one (with the exception of Dave) was courageous enough to stand up to her.
Ryan, in a similar way, holds that power over the other housemates. I wish Priya would challenge him more.

It's because he's a bitch! He's been getting a pretty good edit for the last few weeks but earlier on when Sam was still in the house, we rarely got to see any footage of Ryan and Sam where Ryan wasn't being a little bitch boy. By far and away the worst one in the house.

Priya is a fairly strong woman and IMO Ryan, with his attitude of being the alpha (the hms have mentioned it lots of times) he probably doesn't like her showing any kind of strength so he tries to put her down. It's not the first time, she's mentioned not getting on with him before. He looks like a petulant child but it doesn't seem to stop him trying.

I like Ryan from a game play perspective. Seems very focused. I also get his dry sense of humor. He likes to tease and bust chops. Only thing I dislike about him is how he's always picking his nose. Put a damn thumb to one nostril and empty the other one or get a tissue and do it right. Those dogs deserve better than to be lapping up his crusty nose-meat flicks.

He does it because, amongst other things, he has a tolerance problem. He has very little tolerance for other people's opinions, personalities, ideas, wants, needs, etc. He constantly bitches about the other HMs. He is sneaky, spiteful & controlling. He is basically a nasty, toxic person. He just can't/won't put himself in someone else's shoes. He is the alpha male bully in the schoolyard, and the other boys look up to him and/or fear him. He doesn't like to be challenged. I've also noticed he never apologises when he has arguments with people. Most adults settle things with mutual apologies.

I'm glad he is not in my family.

Back