Skip to main content

Will Big Brother be back in 2023?

Even though there wasn’t an announcement as such tonight. ES seem to be advertising for an Art Department coordinator for August - Mid December this year. Maybe an announcement is still to come 🤷🏻
Given the lack of casting notices, I guess we really are in for a Small Stars season

Big brother Australia must be the only country in the world where it's shown on the main channel, right?

If that's the case, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone of the low tv viewing audience.

That’s a bit of a worry if they are probably filming October to mid December and they’re is no auditions open yet. Three months out is way shorter than the previous years have been casting wise

That’s when they usually film. Looks like another pre recorded shit show is on the way for 2023.
Seven, if you're reading...:
If you're still sticking to pre-recording despite the ongoing cries from BB fans, then next time at a minimum please pick an hour out of each day in the house to film for later online distribution, unedited (aside from any required censorship bleeps). These would be released for streaming at the conclusion of each TV episode. They will be a chance for the fans to see past the sketchy editing and actually get some clue about who the housemates are. Without a doubt live is best, though.

Also, try designing a house without crazy long hallways between frequently accessed rooms 😵‍💫.

Seven , if you are reading......
giphy.gif

I don’t mind the house to be fair, the house designs is one of Sevens strong suits I feel. Apart from the 21’ and 22’ diary room chairs they were horrendous, the 20’ and VIP chairs were nice though

Old is not always superior either. Nostalgic yes. 😉 Sometimes things get with the times. It’s okay to move on. :)
hard disagree. older bb was live and interactive, while current bb (au) is pre-recorded and easily predictable. nuff said..

the current bb producers actually need to “get with the times” and make the show live again. because old bb was ahead of its time

how can this format even be considered “big brother” when the housemates aren’t actually even in the house while the show is airing? no other country in the world 🌎 pre-records and airs Big Brother 6 months in advance…

That’s a bit of a worry if they are probably filming October to mid December and they’re is no auditions open yet. Three months out is way shorter than the previous years have been casting wise
Lol that's funny Channel 7 holding auditions 🤣🤣 will never happen again.

Tim has confirmed it's back next year. Returnee season of some ilk, at a guess. I'm in!
Lmao, checking out Tim’s podcast to find this and some of the episodes are just...

“Tim Dormer shares his tips on how to survive inflation.... also Big Brother”

I would like to think that maybe "TPTB", from Ch7, are lurking on this forum, and take note of the numerous complaints from hardcore fans of BB, regarding the diabolical disaster their current format is, and improve on it.

No harm in wishful thinking. 😉
Oh I’m sure they do from time to time but they almost never listen. All the key decisions are made by some white male executive who sits behind a desk and scoffs at us for thinking we know what we’re talking about.

Apparently the house has already undergone some minor renovations for next year's season. No major changes planned though.

Friend of mine got into a conversation at the finale tonight with a sound guy on the show who was showing him pics of the house during the renovations. Said something about how they're redoing one side of the bedroom because it got trashed?

Oh I wouldn’t expect anything more than a new theme to the Treehouse/Green Room/sitting room and a new eye colour. We’ve had pink and blue, blue and red, pink and red what’s next?

Even though there wasn’t an announcement as such tonight. ES seem to be advertising for an Art Department coordinator for August - Mid December this year. Maybe an announcement is still to come 🤷🏻

Great another pre recorded shit show of a season :rolleyes:

Big brother Australia must be the only country in the world where it's shown on the main channel, right?

If that's the case, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone of the low tv viewing audience.

Nope, in the majority of countries it's shown on the main channel. Why would showing it on a main channel result in lower ratings?

Oh I wouldn’t expect anything more than a new theme to the Treehouse/Green Room/sitting room and a new eye colour. We’ve had pink and blue, blue and red, pink and red what’s next?
Crazy how much they used to spend on changing the house every year tbh

I wouldn’t expect anything more than a new theme to the Treehouse/Green Room/sitting room
Imagine if they just called it the Strategy Room and put in some rule about no strat chat unless you're in that Strategy Room 🤔. I do wonder how different the house dynamics might be (and whether the episodes would look much different). So if a HM wants to talk strat, they'd know full well everyone will know about it because of what room they are going to.

I hate the channel 7 format. Sick of seeing hot people on tv who want instagram fame. The challenges are so cringe and you barely know anything about the hms. Just if they couple up (spew) it’s such romanticised blah. The old big brother Is like ordering you fav meal every time you go to a restaurant you know you love it so you keep coming back though depending on the venue there’s always some variety.
Channel 7 big brother is when you order something different hoping it’ll be just or good or better and it’s shit and you will never order (watch) it again.

The end.

Far from it. Not the case at all. You only have to look at CBS and Globo for starters, but Big Brother worldwide is almost exclusively on the main free to air channels. There's a few where it's on subscription channels (I think Big Brother Africa was for example), but on the whole it is front and centre.

The reason Seven's version has a low audience is because Seven's version is crap. Pretty telling that a couple of years on no other country has picked up Big Brother in this guise.

Back