Skip to main content

Will Big Brother be back in 2023?

That would be the laziness I'm referring to.
At least with the first season of the 7 Era you at least had most people audition, you had a few that got scouted like Dan, but Kieran, Talia, Allan, Garth and Sarah all had to audition at least and go through that process.

Hey guys didn’t know which thread to post this so I just thought I’d make my own!

I’ve flown down to Sydney to go to the final tonight and thought I’d pop down to the house and see if it was still standing. The backyard is still in tact and they haven’t taken down the eye entrance either.
View attachment 59024
View attachment 59025

The house still being up and then creating a website for casting of “season 4”, do we think it’s coming back in 2023?

I’m thinking they’ll give it one more crack, potentially holding the series later in the year around quarter 4 to give it some breathing space between this season.

Hope you have a great night! Let us know if you’re wearing anything we can keep a look out for. We’re already going to be trying to spot Bleachy’s red beard haha

Personally with the uplift in BVOD I think they would be crazy to axe it. Now is the time for them to dabble with a half live series and capitalise on streaming. People aren’t watching it on TV a linear because they don’t have to, there is nothing enticing them to watch it on broadcast (because they can’t evict the housemates in there) so why wouldn’t they just watch it at their own time.
This is the reason why MAFS works because it’s water cooler chat. This format of BB isn’t that. You need to engage and involve the viewers
They need to do live streaming (you can police this with a delay and have only 1 feed if needed and you can also sponsor the fuck out of this.
7plus interaction should be done which has viewers impacting the housemates time in the house (tasks etc). It would cost more money to do all of this, but it’s showing the digital and streaming trend is there. Why wouldn’t you give it one more crack like this in an environment that is shifting to streaming and catch-up? I don’t see why they don’t value and envision the behemoth it could be if they plan and enact it this way and the revenue potentials. Which is what they do all this for!

If it’s another newbie vs OG series they won’t cast more than one or two with any potential to outshine the OG’s. The only thing I could see changing is that they start offering the OG’s an appearance fee.
Yes I'm assuming all the OGs should unionise now and all hold out for an appearance fee. I guess depending on how desperate they are they could probably find some who would do it for nothing but they won't be the ratings grabs housemates so maybe 7 caves and pays them.

Apparently Larry Emdur on The Morning Show hinted that there will indeed be another season.
TPTB from Ch7 better take note and fix things regarding the current format which imo is a hot mess.

Listen to the old school fans of the show and ask them how to improve things.

I definitely won't watch BB next year if it returns to newbies only.

Just saying. 😏

Last edited:
Nope.

If they bring it back it needs to be live, with live streaming otherwise I'm not bothering.

If they do another pre record only thing that will get me watching is housemates coming back from the 9 and 10 days.

The format that worked in the past, could be a better counter to the streaming shift especially if it had 24/7 live streaming from the house

Even though there wasn’t an announcement as such tonight. ES seem to be advertising for an Art Department coordinator for August - Mid December this year. Maybe an announcement is still to come 🤷🏻

Attachments

• B2B3C0A6-5A14-4B9B-88C4-2B3380F0EFA3.jpeg
    B2B3C0A6-5A14-4B9B-88C4-2B3380F0EFA3.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 33
Back