Skip to main content

Why was Priya the only one to question Lawson on his actions?

MADONNA

Scalp collector
Why was it that none of the Housemates who were most vocal about their distaste for Lawson and Cat's relationship actually told them about it or confronted them?

Priya was not aggressive. She didn't confront them, nor did she seek them out to attack, rather she used an opportunity in the living room when the Housemates were asking questions as a forum to get the answers to the questions everybody wanted to ask but didn't have the courage to.

My favourite thing about her way of questioning is that she wasn't nasty or accusatory. She didn't mock or belittle Lawson, even though it could've been far to easy, even enjoyable for her to do so.

Priya exhibited more maturity and restraint than others older than her in the house. She didn't need to be cruel or have a little clique with her when she easily could've have; as others have done in the past week.

The other house mates either didn't really seem to care, were hiding their true feelings, or were actively encouraging it. But didn't Priya say to Sandra in the Sanctuary that any advice the could have given Cat and Lawson should have happened three weeks ago? In fact i'm pretty sure Priya wanted Lawson and Cat to kiss.

Haha yeah. I am pretty sure she realised them kissing and getting it over with would solidify their demise, reepbot.
She was right, it was too late to be mopey and sad and drawing a line. Pointless even.

I just hope people didn't take what she said as her condoning their behaviour in any way because I doubt she does.

The other house mates either didn't really seem to care, were hiding their true feelings, or were actively encouraging it. But didn't Priya say to Sandra in the Sanctuary that any advice the could have given Cat and Lawson should have happened three weeks ago? In fact i'm pretty sure Priya wanted Lawson and Cat to kiss.

She was against it from the beginning and said so in front of many other housemates at the dining table.

She was against it from the beginning and said so in front of many other housemates at the dining table.

Yeah, I'm not saying she is for it. I'm just saying that she thinks it's a case of the horse has already bolted.

Does anyone else suspect that Priya knew about what happened in the sanctuary? Before the latest kiss she had said 'I told Cat that it's too late to draw a line now, maybe if it were 2 weeks ago it would've been ok but now just go for it' (wasn't exactly those words but that was pretty much what I remember was said). If she didn't know they'd already kissed then it wouldn't have been too late to draw a line, and she seemed to have said the 'if it were 2 weeks ago' pretty accurately according to when they kissed. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it but maybe Cat told her but we weren't shown (maybe cause they did more than just kiss lol)[DOUBLEPOST=1414025427][/DOUBLEPOST]Don't even know if that makes sense sorry I'm tired and in class :frown: hope you know what I mean

Does anyone else suspect that Priya knew about what happened in the sanctuary? Before the latest kiss she had said 'I told Cat that it's too late to draw a line now, maybe if it were 2 weeks ago it would've been ok but now just go for it' (wasn't exactly those words but that was pretty much what I remember was said). If she didn't know they'd already kissed then it wouldn't have been too late to draw a line, and she seemed to have said the 'if it were 2 weeks ago' pretty accurately according to when they kissed. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it but maybe Cat told her but we weren't shown (maybe cause they did more than just kiss lol)[DOUBLEPOST=1414025427][/DOUBLEPOST]Don't even know if that makes sense sorry I'm tired and in class :frown: hope you know what I mean

She might have guessed?

Does anyone else suspect that Priya knew about what happened in the sanctuary? Before the latest kiss she had said 'I told Cat that it's too late to draw a line now, maybe if it were 2 weeks ago it would've been ok but now just go for it' (wasn't exactly those words but that was pretty much what I remember was said). If she didn't know they'd already kissed then it wouldn't have been too late to draw a line, and she seemed to have said the 'if it were 2 weeks ago' pretty accurately according to when they kissed. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it but maybe Cat told her but we weren't shown (maybe cause they did more than just kiss lol)

See, rather than expend any more energy choosing to be angry and judgmental (Jason and Aisha), she knows "what's done is done" and why wouldn't you just run with it after already ruining any chance of reconciliation with people outside.

She probably did guess but really.. common sense; something Cat didn't exhibit the night of the sanctuary.

Maybe the other housemates were more vocal but we weren't shown the full footage. We were only shown snippets of it. I really wanted to know what Lawson was about to stay before he was cut off by the timer.

Maybe she just knew the public would love the line of questioning so she went for it? She also probably realised it would make Lawson and Cat come off really badly and while they are drunk is the perfect time to be questioning them. You know, loose lips n all that, whereas sober Lawson was much more defensive and there was more of a wall up when Aisha was talking to him in the laundry.

She's a cool customer, but I can't help but wonder whether everything she says or does is calculated. The edit has shown two sides to her coin, the one she fronts to the others, and the one she reveals to her ally or allies (of the week). I give her credit, she's smart and she's working it. I have respect for her as a player, but not so much her two-faced side.

She's a cool customer, but I can't help but wonder whether everything she says or does is calculated. The edit has shown two sides to her coin, the one she fronts to the others, and the one she reveals to her allies.

Priya has gotten a shit edit the past few days.

Even Sonia let the HM's know that if Aisha & Travis took the money, the others would be safe.

Priya seemed to enjoy that line of questioning a little too much actually. After seeing that, I highly doubt that she is consumed with concern for Lawson's girlfriend watching on the outside.

The questioning was definitely calculated, and in the context of the game, I have zero problem with that. She wasn't snide or aggressive about it, and didn't make Lawson look bad, but rather facilitated his doing it to himself. More power to her.

Priya has gotten a shit edit the past few days.

Even Sonia let the HM's know that if Aisha & Travis took the money, the others would be safe.

Sonia even came for Priya ON STAGE last night during Jason's eviction interview. Such subtlety!

Priya seemed to enjoy that line of questioning a little too much actually. After seeing that, I highly doubt that she is consumed with concern for Lawson's girlfriend watching on the outside.

She bought it up at least, asking the questions the other Housemates didn't have the guts to. Glad someone did it because everybody else was avoiding the pink elephant in the room.

She bought it up at least, asking the questions the other Housemates didn't have the guts to. Glad someone did it because everybody else was avoiding the pink elephant in the room.

I'm not sorry she brought it up, I was very interested in the conversation. But either your forcing Lawson to publicly choose between Cat and his gf while you're trying to suppress a smile... or you care ever so much about this poor girlfriend 's feelings and welfare. Can't have it both ways.

Maybe not, but then it's kind of a lot to expect a stranger to be more concerned for Candice than her own longtime boyfriend was.

Back