Skip to main content

Why was Mikkayla/Tully fight not shown?

Hit the nail on the head! Fantastic casting. Just seriously lacking in true authentic story lines - live streaming would fix that up!!
Not having streaming isn't the problem though, they could still very easily portray the true nature of the housemates' personalities and characteristics, as well as content from the house, without watering it down to the point of non-existence. We're merely getting "teasers" of scenes and incidents aired in the Daily Shows that potentially could have been a lot more intriguing and/or substantial had they been shown mostly "in full".

It's just really frustrating.

Not having streaming isn't the problem though, they could still very easily portray the true nature of the housemates' personalities and characteristics, as well as content from the house, without watering it down to the point of non-existence. We're merely getting "teasers" of scenes and incidents aired in the Daily Shows that potentially could have been a lot more intriguing and/or substantial had they been shown mostly "in full".

It's just really frustrating.

True, but I think they do because they can. Live stream may keep them more accountable?!?

Hopefully they settle down as the series progress and they know people love the cast so can show us less edited versions of the daily show.

True, but I think they do because they can. Live stream may keep them more accountable?!?

Hopefully they settle down as the series progress and they know people love the cast so can show us less edited versions of the daily show.
Sadly, if they haven't yet learned from last year then not much will change anytime soon.

Sadly, if they haven't yet learned from last year then not much will change anytime soon.

I'm still hopeful - last year there was a lot of pressure to bring it back and not stuff it up. Sonia said things are feeling more relaxed now, so I'm hoping that eventually translates to editing.

Im guessing they're saving all the good story lines for Monday nights show, due to higher ratings, thats very channel 9

This season has been the worst and most contrived editing of Big Brother I have ever seen in any series around the world in the whole 13 years I've been watching this show. Absolutely atrocious.

I mean, Alex M, I really like you and all, I do, but please don't ever say that Big Brother Australia in its current form is "as raw and as honest as reality TV gets" when it's so highly (and most of all, obviously) edited down and "scripted" in terms of how scenes are re-arranged and becoming too structured.

You once compared Big Brother to Home & Away or Neighbours, stating why they clearly differ in "authenticity", but honestly when you start to force storylines into the house, you're not far off it - especially when you start to include inconsistent cuts and add CGI effects to the production as well.

Considering this is the show that tried to fiercely defend its "editing" nature in a notorious incident back in 2006, they're clearly not too fussed about it these days. So all in all, I'd like the harsh editing to just please stop. Do they think the audience is really that dumb?

This is NOT how Big Brother, of all reality TV shows, should be put together!

I agree with all what you said 100% As I said before, I am watching a story Channel 9 wants me to see. NOT Reality at all

I'm sick of the pointless scenes they play when they could show plenty more interesting things. It's so obvious they are playing up the character of Ben because they keep playing pointless scenes of him like talking to pictures of his mum and grandma or of him in the kitchen or of him at the gym. They are playing him up so much it infuriates me cos I wanna see other housemates too. So more housemates and stories/convos and don't show pointless scenes... Please.

I'm really going to miss BB not being shown tonight :(....just doesn't feel right....anyhoo...the one thing I would love to see unedited is the 'family dinner'....I want to see them answer all the questions and watch them interact with each other without BB poking his big nose in....from start to finish...perhaps it wouldn't be family friendly so put it on where up late use to be....

And why can't the use GO for live streaming although I guess that would affect the continuity of the daily shows...still even if they gave us say 2hours of uninterrupted footage a couple of times a week, would be better than what we're getting now...:confused:

I'm really going to miss BB not being shown tonight :(....just doesn't feel right....anyhoo...the one thing I would love to see unedited is the 'family dinner'....I want to see them answer all the questions and watch them interact with each other without BB poking his big nose in....from start to finish...perhaps it wouldn't be family friendly so put it on where up late use to be....
And why can't the use GO for live streaming although I guess that would affect the continuity of the daily shows...still even if they gave us say 2hours of uninterrupted footage a couple of times a week, would be better than what we're getting now...:confused:

This what I want to see too. On Channel 10 we saw that, why on earth can't Channel 9 give us what WE want.

The video in "Live Feed" (more like Dead Feed) Someone says some thing and we don't get to hear the other HMs because it is cut off. WHY can't they let the conversation go for at least 10 minutes, instead of the one minute we get :mad:

The video in "Live Feed" (more like Dead Feed) Someone says some thing and we don't get to hear the other HMs because it is cut off. WHY can't they let the conversation go for at least 10 minutes, instead of the one minute we get :mad:

Often The written blog on The live feed doesn't always match up to the video clip they show...how hard can that be to get it right...sheesh...

Did you also notice, i think it was Tuesdays show they muted the housemates in the bedroom when Sonia was watching them just in case they swore

That wasn't the reason, they did it because the conversation quickly went above a PG rating.

The show is never broadcast 100% absolutely live as-it-happens, no live TV shows ever are. There is always a 10-20 second delay to allow for censoring the audio, which is usually only needed right after a name is revealed on Eviction night.

That wasn't the reason, they did it because the conversation quickly went above a PG rating.

The show is never broadcast 100% absolutely live as-it-happens, no live TV shows ever are. There is always a 10-20 second delay to allow for censoring the audio, which is usually only needed right after a name is revealed on Eviction night.

I miss the old BB... which was a show about people in a house that was filmed all the time and we watched.
Oh Well.

This season has been the worst and most contrived editing of Big Brother I have ever seen in any series around the world in the whole 13 years I've been watching this show. Absolutely atrocious.

I mean, Alex M, I really like you and all, I do, but please don't ever say that Big Brother Australia in its current form is "as raw and as honest as reality TV gets" when it's so highly (and most of all, obviously) edited down and "scripted" in terms of how scenes are re-arranged and becoming too structured.

You once compared Big Brother to Home & Away or Neighbours, stating why they clearly differ in "authenticity", but honestly when you start to force storylines into the house, you're not far off it - especially when you start to include inconsistent cuts and add CGI effects to the production as well.

Considering this is the show that tried to fiercely defend its "editing" nature in a notorious incident back in 2006, they're clearly not too fussed about it these days. So all in all, I'd like the harsh editing to just please stop. Do they think the audience is really that dumb?

This is NOT how Big Brother, of all reality TV shows, should be put together!

Quoted for truth! I'm loving the dynamics of the housemates but nothing real is being shown or coming out of the housemates due to the over use of interference of twists and gimmicks!

This really makes me wonder about the ethical nature of them asking people to vote for people to stay in the house or be evicted on such set up and biased showings. I mean they make money out of that crap they are showing and people are not being able to fully experience the people to be able to make up their minds!

Back