Skip to main content

Why was Mikkayla/Tully fight not shown?

Cade

I don't get why tonight's daily show (Friday) featured so much of them ordering groceries when they obviously had heaps of footage of the Mikkayla vs Tully incident?

I was serious sitting there ready to scream that in 24 hours, with 14 housemates, the grocery shopping was the thing they wanted to show DESPITE there being an actual fight and hysterical tears from Mikkayla?

Are they not wanting to upset people at home having their dinner?
Worried Big Brother's 'have nots' scenario could be seen as cruel and leading to housemates having breakdowns? (over minor things like sleeping arrangements!).

I've missed 4 episodes in the entire run of Big Brother but I'm seriously worried about this season. I do not get why a fight happens, and it is shown in flashback for like 5 seconds? Did a cameraman fall asleep and miss it? I thought there were 52 cameras in the house!!

Four Words (which you should already know by now): WELCOME TO CHANNEL 9

The editing this year has been *insert swear word* - worst I think I've ever seen. I still can't get over the Italian BB dinner scene when Drew's hair is up in a ponytail then down then back up again - within 10 seconds

Yeah, that left me scratching my head, the way they edited that fight.

The editing this year has been *insert swear word* - worst I think I've ever seen. I still can't get over the Italian BB dinner scene when Drew's hair is up in a ponytail then down then back up again - within 10 seconds

Or how Heidi got that (pointless) shirt from that dumb CGI fish (I literally haven't bothered to remember its name), went back to the kitchen, and then Big Brother started (pointlessly) speaking Italian, with Heidi clearly wearing the clothes she had on before she got given the shirt.

Also, when the HMs were playing tug-of-war, and were then shown to "immediately" start skipping with the rope, even though Drew had a complete outfit change.

Talking of tug of war, where on earth did that rope come from? I guess they thought to have a tug of war game when BB left a gigantic rope in the back yard.

Talking of tug of war, where on earth did that rope come from? I guess they thought to have a tug of war game when BB left a gigantic rope in the back yard.

I was confused about that too. Smells of Big Brother setting stuff up to appear "spontaneous." I'll never forget last year when the HMs did something like a fashion show apparently on a whim, even though they all posed at the end directly towards the camera for a group shot, and in fact the entire thing was conveniently positioned for the cameras!

Who are you?!

And what have you done with Lucille Fucking-Ball?!

Put her back!

PUT HER BACK!!!!!!

I don't disagree with you, however both networks use editing to try and create a narrative out of nothing, for the most part many people do not notice. So 10 AND 9 are guilty of editing bad or good.

Mikkayla crying was pretty tough watching but I am surprised that they didn't bother to show it on the Thursday show (it was 90 minutes after all...) but had a quick "flashback" in the diary room on the start of Friday's episode. It makes us wonder what else we aren't seeing...

Well, first off, they didn't show anything from the Thursday daily show because the end of the ep was Wed night.

That's the problem with the show's scheduling, there isn't enough time to cover all of the days. We have 90 minutes to cover everything that happens Tuesday/Wednesday but come Friday, which covers Thursday, there are only 20 minutes to fit everything in. Then we have Saturday's Showdown, which probably will show little to nothing over than the Showdown itself, skipping the Friday events. And Monday we have nominations, which they will also have to cram in everything that happens on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Plus this is a Channel 9 show. Mikkayla having a break down wouldn't have made the show look too family friendly (which makes me wonder on how much they're going to edit out of the episodes when it comes to things like this)

Well, first off, they didn't show anything from the Thursday daily show because the end of the ep was Wed night.

That's the problem with the show's scheduling, there isn't enough time to cover all of the days. We have 90 minutes to cover everything that happens Tuesday/Wednesday but come Friday, which covers Thursday, there are only 20 minutes to fit everything in. Then we have Saturday's Showdown, which probably will show little to nothing over than the Showdown itself, skipping the Friday events. And Monday we have nominations, which they will also have to cram in everything that happens on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Plus this is a Channel 9 show. Mikkayla having a break down wouldn't have made the show look too family friendly (which makes me wonder on how much they're going to edit out of the episodes when it comes to things like this)
No Monday is the eviction and it will have the Daily Show of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday crammed in.

This season has been the worst and most contrived editing of Big Brother I have ever seen in any series around the world in the whole 13 years I've been watching this show. Absolutely atrocious.

I mean, Alex M, I really like you and all, I do, but please don't ever say that Big Brother Australia in its current form is "as raw and as honest as reality TV gets" when it's so highly (and most of all, obviously) edited down and "scripted" in terms of how scenes are re-arranged and becoming too structured.

You once compared Big Brother to Home & Away or Neighbours, stating why they clearly differ in "authenticity", but honestly when you start to force storylines into the house, you're not far off it - especially when you start to include inconsistent cuts and add CGI effects to the production as well.

Considering this is the show that tried to fiercely defend its "editing" nature in a notorious incident back in 2006, they're clearly not too fussed about it these days. So all in all, I'd like the harsh editing to just please stop. Do they think the audience is really that dumb?

This is NOT how Big Brother, of all reality TV shows, should be put together!

This season has been the worst and most contrived editing of Big Brother I have ever seen in any series around the world in the whole 13 years I've been watching this show. Absolutely atrocious.

I mean, Alex M, I really like you and all, I do, but please don't ever say that Big Brother Australia in its current form is "as raw and as honest as reality TV gets" when it's so highly (and most of all, obviously) edited down and "scripted" in terms of how scenes are re-arranged and becoming too structured.

You once compared Big Brother to Home & Away or Neighbours, stating why they clearly differ in "authenticity", but honestly when you start to force storylines into the house, you're not far off it - especially when you start to include inconsistent cuts and add CGI effects to the production as well.

Considering this is the show that tried to fiercely defend its "editing" nature in a notorious incident back in 2006, they're clearly not too fussed about it these days. So all in all, I'd like the harsh editing to just please stop. Do they think the audience is really that dumb?

This is NOT how Big Brother, of all reality TV shows, should be put together!

My god I love your honesty - I agree with everything you say EXCEPT that in my opinion this is the best series since 2006! I'm loving it right now!

My god I love your honesty - I agree with everything you say EXCEPT that in my opinion this is the best series since 2006! I'm loving it right now!
The casting is the best since 2003, in my view. It's spot on.

The thing letting it all down is all the contrived stuff, and the way the shows are being packaged so far.

The casting is the best since 2003, in my view. It's spot on.

The thing letting it all down is all the contrived stuff, and the way the shows are being packaged so far.

Hit the nail on the head! Fantastic casting. Just seriously lacking in true authentic story lines - live streaming would fix that up!!

Back