Skip to main content

Why Tim can't win BB 2013

I should ad, that I highly doubt that his mominations reasoning is unlikely to change a thing. That is hardly going to turn people who like Tim enough to vote for him in to people who will no longer vote for him. Tim has given reasons like that all season. It didn't come across so well in the house, but for people who like Tim, unlikely to impact.

But as for winning, I just don't think he's even in the same league in terms of a fan base as Tahan. On this forum, maybe, but not generally. I will declare an interest in that I most definitely want to see Tahan win, but my comments are purely based on voting numbers.

Mwahahah. Can't you see; it's all part of Tim's grand plan. He's scoped previous seasons, studied videos (for footage of the garden, of course); and strategised to within an inch of his life.

He's been "the clown" (sans pies); the "spurned, yet oddly accepting lover"; the "enviro boy" (hell, there was even an add on the OS for Australia Zoo last weekend...); the bitch to arguments between all and sundry.

The man is an genius; or a savant. Can't decide. Whichever way; this is the calm before the storm, I think. He's playing his strat perfectly; he had rocks for this before he went into the house -- get to the final 7. Sit back.

Watch them implode.

Napoleon or Napoleon Dynamite?

I don't think Tim will win

purely based on BB history

Tahan wont win either purely based on Estelle last year...and assuming that tim = Michael
our options are:
Ed
Jade
Maddie
Boog
Drew

Maddie is a goner this week
Jades support is not that big
Boog was almost evicted last week and wont have as much support as others like drew and jade

leaving drew and ed...

LOL wouldn't be surprised if the least popular HMs won
http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?49001-BB-Australia-2013-HM-Popularity-Tracker
(just like ben from last year)

Either way..if we're all playing the based on BB history game then tahan aint gonna win either

It's not that he shouldn't win because of his lousy nomination - the guy is weird and unpredictable, so we should've expected a weird nomination.

He shouldn't win because he's way too obvious - funny, weird and entertaining. If Ben got evicted, it's fair that Tim shouldn't go far too.

Let's have Drew or Jade winning, and hell, perhaps Boog. Leave out the obvious winners.

[MENTION=36030]natalia[/MENTION]
(just like ben from last year)

Ben was Tahan of 2012. He was very popular (especially in our polls):

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/poll.php?pollid=2165&do=showresults
http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/poll.php?pollid=2170&do=showresults
http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/poll.php?pollid=2187&do=showresults

Last edited:
I should ad, that I highly doubt that his mominations reasoning is unlikely to change a thing. That is hardly going to turn people who like Tim enough to vote for him in to people who will no longer vote for him. Tim has given reasons like that all season. It didn't come across so well in the house, but for people who like Tim, unlikely to impact.

But as for winning, I just don't think he's even in the same league in terms of a fan base as Tahan. On this forum, maybe, but not generally. I will declare an interest in that I most definitely want to see Tahan win, but my comments are purely based on voting numbers.

I don't want Tahan to win, but I agree with everything else you said! There has been a huge pro-Tahan surge since the "die in a hole" comment and it gathers more momentum every day.

It's not that he shouldn't win because of his lousy nomination - the guy is weird and unpredictable, so we should've expected a weird nomination.

He shouldn't win because he's way too obvious - funny, weird and entertaining. If Ben got evicted, it's fair that Tim shouldn't go far too.

Let's have Drew or Jade winning, and hell, perhaps Boog. Leave out the obvious winners.

[MENTION=36030]natalia[/MENTION]

Ben was Tahan of 2012. He was very popular (especially in our polls):

http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/poll.php?pollid=2165&do=showresults
http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/poll.php?pollid=2170&do=showresults
http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/poll.php?pollid=2187&do=showresults

No need to show me polls, I've see the HM popularity tracker....he wasn't popular he was on -ve votes

Ben was not up every week like tahan has been, that was Estelle
thus tahan is Estelle.

also
http://forum.behindbigbrother.com/showthread.php?48261-Final-Predictions-Who-Is-Going-To-Win

I don't want Tahan to win, but I agree with everything else you said! There has been a huge pro-Tahan surge since the "die in a hole" comment and it gathers more momentum every day.

That was only because of who said it....
If it was Tim, no way would the reaction be the same
Same as boogs weeing.. Because she's not as popular it was gross but when Tim said on a DS that they had weed in the bath together no one battered an eyelid (myself included, i didn't even notice lol)

I still think he has a good chance of winning

I can see an Estelle/Tahan parallel to a point, in that they were both up regularly and their fans had to be very active voters through the show. But I think the similarities end there. I remember all too well the anti Estelle campaigns that went on at the end, especially once it was revealed she was leading the initial voting. I remember other housemates urging their fans to get behind Ben. I just don't expect we will see anything like that again this year. In fact, we've already seen Mikkayla speak highly of Tahan and indicate she'd like to see her win. Ben also had the gay community behind him, and that has proved an influential vote both in Big Brother and other reality shows in the past, Tim will not have that. I just can't see a way for him to beat Tahan, and I do think they will be the final two.

I think he deserves to win the most, but Tahan has a huge fan base, and I'm not sure if they would see it that way and we know Tahan fans vote and spend the cash on her. I thought the high votes for Tahan may have been a "one-off" the week Ben was evicted, but then she got 50% when Mikk was evicted. She also got 34% when Tully was evicted. I just hope if Tim comes up again before the end, people send in votes for him (which I will), so we don't get what happened with Ben again.
A massive plus for Tim is that his fans will have had at least a 2 week break from voting the next time he's up (more if they took the Ben week off) and got a massive shock when Ben left. Other than the "dud week" Tahan's never beaten Tim in voting and that 34% she pulled was against 2 HMs that are now gone and when the public were targeting Tully. Her support has definitely become huge (hell I'm even unbelievably a big fan now!) but she also has rabid haters and there will also be the fans of the other HMs who wouldn't want her to win if their favourites are gone at the end and it's basically Tim vs Tahan. Hopefully they jump on board the Tim train too!

All I know is that if Tim had been evicted in the first one, this show would've been an absolute bust this season and I think whether they like him or not people respect what's he brought to the house and will vote based on that. He's also the only one I think we'll still be talking about in 5 years time as far as being one of the best BB HMs ever is concerned.

A massive plus for Tim is that his fans will have had at least a 2 week break from voting the next time he's up (more if they took the Ben week off) and got a massive shock when Ben left. Other than the "dud week" Tahan's never beaten Tim in voting and that 34% she pulled was against 2 HMs that are now gone and when the public were targeting Tully. Her support has definitely become huge (hell I'm even unbelievably a big fan now!) but she also has rabid haters and there will also be the fans of the other HMs who wouldn't want her to win if their favourites are gone at the end and it's basically Tim vs Tahan. Hopefully they jump on board the Tim train too!

All I know is that if Tim had been evicted in the first one, this show would've been an absolute bust this season and I think whether they like him or not people respect what's he brought to the house and will vote based on that. He's also the only one I think we'll still be talking about in 5 years time as far as being one of the best BB HMs ever is concerned.

Exactly! Totally agree!

Mrs B, that's not a massive plus for Tim; it's a reason his fans have money to spend.

What has the guy done in the last fortnight? Muchobiggo arguments with a couple of housemates, and a minute vignette of him and his rocks (a-la week 3?). He came off the "More reasonable" in the argument front; maybe the guy is actually a genius.

But what we're missing is "Tim" - the icecream, the hairdryer. The closest we've come in the last few weeks has been the mermaid jape - him in tight stockings throwing himself into the pool?

Pee-gate is over. Want revenge, Tim? Pee on Boog's pillow. Sorted. As is popularity/controversy.

Well put. I agree with your entire post.

That was only because of who said it....
If it was Tim, no way would the reaction be the same
Same as boogs weeing.. Because she's not as popular it was gross but when Tim said on a DS that they had weed in the bath together no one battered an eyelid (myself included, i didn't even notice lol)

I still think he has a good chance of winning

I hope so!

Mrs B, that's not a massive plus for Tim; it's a reason his fans have money to spend.

What has the guy done in the last fortnight? Muchobiggo arguments with a couple of housemates, and a minute vignette of him and his rocks (a-la week 3?). He came off the "More reasonable" in the argument front; maybe the guy is actually a genius.

But what we're missing is "Tim" - the icecream, the hairdryer. The closest we've come in the last few weeks has been the mermaid jape - him in tight stockings throwing himself into the pool?

Pee-gate is over. Want revenge, Tim? Pee on Boog's pillow. Sorted. As is popularity/controversy.

better response to this is what have the rest of the housemates still in there done that was half as entertaining than tim when he's being lame/boring?

I personally haven't seen anything other than bitchyness "honesty" from tahan...
and drew's only entertainment is his hotness and fling with tully

the rest are boring as shit and I have no idea why they're still there...

If you guys think too much about who's winning etc etc, Drew will have a shock victory.. im not complaining he's my fave housemate *lol*

If you guys think too much about who's winning etc etc, Drew will have a shock victory.. im not complaining he's my fave housemate *lol*

lol in my opinion that is much better to see than tahan winning...
I went through a slight phase when I liked her (die in whole thing) but now i'm back to my original favs of tim and drew...

anyone else winning would be a waste of 250,000

I think this is actually a chance to happen, and I think Ed is going to go further than people expect. I think Ed will make top 3 over Boog.

I find it funny how people are comparing this year's housemates to last year's housemates as if that will give any indication on how this year's housemates will fare. Tahan may be a little bit like Estelle, or a little bit like Benjamin, or a lot of either of the two, or a combination of both- but it doesn't bloody matter. How both Estelle and Benjamin did last year is no reflection on how Tahan will do this year. Same goes for any housemate- Tim like Michael and hence won't win? Rubbish. Yes, they were both initially popular and Michael's popularity dropped towards the end- doesn't mean Tim's will.

Analyze fan bases and voting trends all you want- but the whole voting system is so varied and unpredictable that no amount of speculation will be enough to tell us definitively how Australia will vote in the end.

Back