Skip to main content

Why the FUCK is Michael the lion?

I thought Michael would have been far better suited to being the baboon.

Can't stand Michael, Josh, Ben, Zoe and Stacey. All the biggest backstabbers in the house and trying to influence eachother for nominations night.

Who does Michael think he is saying that he hopes Angie isn't being portrayed as the sexy girl. Why would he care? Josh chimes in and says Angie likes to think she's sexy. What the? Then for the tenth time Josh says Angie is not his type even though he's happy to spoon, cuddle during the day and hang around with her heaps. I thought they were supposed to be her friend. I think Josh secretly likes Angie, for some reason he doesn't want to admit it and it's sour grapes now that she's moved beds.

Spot on. Michael's quotes regularly reveal that he's playing to the TV audience and has little personality beyond his attempts to manipulate the HMs and BB. Sadly, the producers are letting him get away with it because they're lazy. They know that without a proper script Michael will come up with something that sounds slightly amusing and will fill airtime but in the end it's simply more of him taking his ego out for a trot.

Many people here noted his glum reaction to the prospect of a House 2 and some rightly pointed out that he was obviously worried that those unseen HMs would be impossible to influence and manipulate.

Sexy is in the eye of the beholder, but it's safe to say that Angie has far more who find her attractive than anyone would Michael and his arsecrack.

Last edited:
Sexy is in the eye of the beholder, but it's safe to say that Angie has far more who find her attractive than anyone would Michael and his arsecrack.
I very much doubt Michael walks around 3/4 naked at home, everything he does is for the camera.

At least Josh, Ray & Brad make an attempt to look good at the gym; Michael thinks "Going around near naked with my fat wobbling everywhere will give me air time on tv" ewww what a fat slob lazy tosser.

Michael's quotes regularly reveal that he's playing to the TV audience and has little personality beyond his attempts to manipulate the HMs and BB.

This might be more literally true of Ray, though. Someone like Michael is willing to let his guard down and say what he thinks about HMs he's not getting along with. A serious manipulator keeps his cards close to his chest, especially when he's likely to feel under scrutiny. Ray is receiving nomination points precisely because he's perceived as not being himself to play the game. He's the glad handing, smiling assassin.

I think how secure in the house a hm feels, the more likely they are to bitch. Ray is obviously on the out, having few people he can trust. He has to be nice, even though he knows he is being whispered about. Maybe this comes off as being too nice, but what else is he to do? It's his way to try to survive. Whereas Michael Ben Stacey, etc are confident enough to be open about who they dislike, knowing that they have the numbers to avoid elimination. Michael can be himself, warts and all.

I thought a lion was perfect for Micheal...lounging around in the semi shade all day, waiting till the females bring food...thinking his king shit. Think BB got it right. LOL - Lippy the Lion & Hardy Ha Ha the Hyena ; )

it cobfused me, i thought ray was tall

Height is relative but he's at least taller than Michael which makes even stranger that the comment comes from him. I'd estimate he's around 175cm - 180 just above average height basically.

Interesting choices BB made.
Brad is placed much higher up the food chain than you would expect, cheeta, fast and maybe sneaky. I would have made him a meerkat.
Estelle is the elephant in the room, and I would have made her something more feline or predatory.

Ray is shorter than Zoe who is close to 6ft (George clearly said when they were doing the housemate paintintg, make sure Zoe isnt taller than me) I don't think Ray is average height, he is on the short side as far as men go.

The average height for women is around 162cm ~ 5'2 for men around 175cm 5'9

Zoe is obviously is not representative of the general population's height let alone females. lol

Layla, Angie, Stacey and Estelle are though and Ray appears to be comfortably taller than all of them.

Eh shorter than I am = short ass, especially if you are a man (I am taller than the avergae male height)

I believe Michael clarified:

"The crazy thing is, in the real world, he's not that short."

That was what they were discussing. It was an observation about how Ray responded to jokes about being short. Apparently, unseen by us, there was some ribbing of Ray as short. When it's first mentioned we can see by Josh's face that there must've been some sort of reaction to it by Ray. They weren't saying Ray is short and that's funny but that Ray has exhibited a sensitivity to shorty jokes and it surprises them.

The fact that he's actually not that short is the whole point.

Interesting choices BB made.
Brad is placed much higher up the food chain than you would expect, cheeta, fast and maybe sneaky. I would have made him a meerkat.
Estelle is the elephant in the room, and I would have made her something more feline or predatory.

Yeah, I was wondering about Estelle as the elephant, where that came from and if they have something special planned for her. Michael was an obvious pick as the lion, as well as Ben and Stacey as flamingoes, but I've also found it interesting who BB has shunted into bit parts. Zoe and Layla have practically been told that they're boring, that they're just a support cast who don't do much besides fawn over the guys, while Josh and George are a mere side act.

With the nominees, all three of them have been given individual roles, so I'm wondering if they're designed to showcase each of them? Ray has been given a starring role as the hyena and Angie was given the banana task which showed an endearing side to her, which is why I'm wondering what they've got planned for Estelle?

The average height for women is around 162cm ~ 5'2 for men around 175cm 5'9

Zoe is obviously is not representative of the general population's height let alone females. lol

Layla, Angie, Stacey and Estelle are though and Ray appears to be comfortably taller than all of them.
162cm is more like 5'3 but anyways.

Ray doesn't look short to me, but it would explain his fitness - Short guys tend to make themselves look bigger with weights from what I've seen.

I am worried that a vet does not know what noise a hyena makes!

Hahahha!!!

Maybe he should have jammed some lavender up his nose and meowed. I hear that's considered a valid response.

Maybe she didn't want to waste her time speaking to someone who constantly bitches about her?
Michael thinks he's beyond Estelle, why should she bother putting an effort in?

Back