Skip to main content

Why Did They Win?

Here's my take on past winners

2001: Ben Williams - Could have gone to 3 or 4 others and we don't blink an eye lid
2002: Peter Corbett - Boring as f**k, the sympathy winner
2003: Regina Bird - won solely on naiveness, we laughed at her rather than with her (Chrissie, Daniel were far more deserving)
2004: Trevor Butler - Good winner amongst a good cast. One of the better BB seasons
2005: Greg Matthew (Logan Greg) - Tim was by far the better and more interesting HM that season
2006: Jamie Brooksby - One of the worlds greatest mysteries how this baffoon won it
2007: Aleisha Lee Cowcher - Intruder Zac should have taken the crown. Aleisha was just a puppet most of the time
2008: Terri Munro - Grandma won it, probably the best out of a poor cast (and poorer hosts)
-
2012: Benjamin Norris - Could have gone to 2 or 3 others. I think Josh would have won it had he not had to leave.
2013: Tim Dormer - Underdog at the start. Worthy winner in the end , particularly when all the hype was for Ben first 8 weeks
2014: Hopefully Priya or Jason take it out. Dark horse is Travis

I thought Aleisha was a good winner, I remember her doing random shit on the uncut shows
Same! I liked her that year but I was younger then so I'm not sure I'd someone like her now...eg. skye.

---

All these people hating on the logan bros. They had that twin swap thing happening and I LOVED that. It was so much fun to watch and one of those things I'll never forget from BB.

---
David should have won the year that Jamie did. He was such a cool dude.

2012: Benjamin Norris - Could have gone to 2 or 3 others. I think Josh would have won it had he not had to leave.
2013: Tim Dormer - Underdog at the start. Worthy winner in the end , particularly when all the hype was for Ben first 8 weeks
2014: Hopefully Priya or Jason take it out. Dark horse is Travis
Methinks the dark horse is either David or Ryan.

And Estelle would've been another good winner that year (if not Michael or Benjamin). Josh was kinda flying under the radar at times. He seemed like another Gaelan.

which years was the grand final changed to vote to win? And which years were both vote to save and evict? Knowing that might help... Explain some years, I was too young to remember these types of details...

The early years on Ten were vote to evict.
The latter Ten years were both.
Since the move to Nine, it has only been vote to save.

I thought Trevor was largely undeserving of winning in 2004, great bloke but Paul and Fitzy offered way more entertainment. Even the blonde chick who hosted Friday night was better.

The Logan's wouldn't of won if it weren't for the twin thing.... Tim or vesta should've won there

I remember watching 2006 as a 10 year old and thinking Jamie was the coolest dude ever, so that's probably why he won that year. Looking back, there wasn't much competition for him

Aliesha was pretty cool in 07

Was no competition for Terri in 08

No competition for Ben in 12

Tim was the most deserving winner ever, which shows one of the few good things 9 has done since taking over - introducing vote to save.

Tim and Jamie tie for worst. Ben runner up. Don't understand how they won.

Reggie was the best. Zach should have won.

All IMO.

I don't think so. I think he may have MADE himself the producers favourite by being one of the best housemates in BBAU history. He didn't start out that way though. Ben was the favourite to win. I'm pretty sure Alex Mav has basically said as much too.

I think @Timdormer is one of the most deserving winners out of all the winners. Reggie is up there for me also.

Yeah, I never thought Tim got producer favouritism. Even after Ben was evicted I thought the favouritism went more towards Tahan rather than Tim.

I mean he wasn't treated like the producers punching bag like a few of them were, but I don't think he got advantages either. He was a very deserving winner.

I didn't see Season 1.

Season 2: Peter won because he wasn't Marty. Marty's cheating on his girlfriend with Jess wasn't looked kindly upon by the public, unfortunately he couldn't be voted out before then.

Season 3: Reggie, despite being dumb as dog shit, was endearing.

Season 4: Fuck knows how Trevor won. I think it was just that it was vote to evict and he wasn't nominated often.

Season 5: Worst winners of all. Fuck knows how the Bogans won >_<

Season 6: Jamie only won because of his relationship with Katie and the final on-screen kiss.

Season 7: Aliesha won because she wasn't Zack, Australia wasn't ready for a gay winner yet.

Season 8: Terri won because that's the way the show was manipulated.

Season 9: Benjamin won because he was gay, and the public was backing gays.

Season 10: Tim won because he was unique and caused trouble.

Only doing a few.

2004: Trevor Butler - Only won because he was going to propose when he left the house..
2008: Terri Munro - Only won, as she was 'old' & at the time the oldest winner. And surprise she was a regular caller to Kyle & Jackie O's radio show. ( And they were the hosts that year)

Back